POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

This is not related to the mod, but you're using the wrong command. You should be using "AddAbility tln_fast_runner". All Talents are prefaced with "tln_". Otherwise you're trying to add the ability function that the game uses to handle the talent, and it leads to wonkyness.

Ahh what you are saying is indeed the case, AddTalent is truly unnecessary then I guess <.<

Works like a charm this way though, it gets listed under talents and prevents you from spending a point in it.

Also the thing about weapon mastery has left me stumped, tried levelling my rogue to twelve with commands and weapon focus chosen at level up 4 yet mastery never showed.

I saw it in the talents found in /objectbundle/ and assumed it was like IE games where mastery is a higher tier of weapon focus, but might this also be a cut out changed mechanic that no longer is in use but still is in the gamefiles?

I found posts mentioning it being a 1.1 dmg modifier and it does indeed give said modifier if added with command.

Seams the tab names highlight dont work with the mod.

Feature, not a bug. The tooltip will appear only for the character your hover your mouse over while pressing tab. IE mod = like in IE games :)

Might make it optional down the road. Although didn't have any complaints about it so far.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Seams the tab names highlight dont work with the mod.

Feature, not a bug. The tooltip will appear only for the character your hover your mouse over while pressing tab. IE mod = like in IE games :)

Might make it optional down the road. Although didn't have any complaints about it so far.

Don't know if it's possible, but if there was a way for tab to show all names except the gold plated ones (backers/un-important NPCs) or pets, that would be ideal.

Anyone know how to use the console to target Recruited Companions? The Player is always "Player", but if you create a character, named her Altáira, and I can't seem to target commands at her. I tried to use "FindCharacter Altáira", and it came up with "Companion_P_Altáira_3" but that's not working either.

Edit: Nevermind, I screwed up. Apparently, not only is all talents prefaced by tln_, but some are also ended with _talent. Obsidian must have a Department of Redundancy Department.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Guys, is it normal that the first option in the IE Mod tab reads (Redundant) and its description says it does nothing?

I thought it was supposed to be "Disable Excessive Highlighting".

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guys, is it normal that the first option in the IE Mod tab reads (Redundant) and its description says it does nothing?

I thought it was supposed to be "Disable Excessive Highlighting".

They removed the excessive highlight themselves, so yes, it's normal. When there's some new functionality that requires a checkbox, it'll take its place.

• Like 1

Stupid question mode: ON.

When I bring up the console and type "BB", then click on Karkarov's UI layouts, nothing happens. I guess I need to rename assets or something? What should I do to make it work?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

When I bring up the console and type "BB", then click on Karkarov's UI layouts, nothing happens. I guess I need to rename assets or something? What should I do to make it work?

What it said in log? smth about txt

Turn off Solid HUD Background.

• Like 1

Hey Bester,

There might be a tiny bug on the Mac/Steam version. 

See attached screen:

http://s27.postimg.org/uuu0eu777/2015_03_27_00001.jpg

Mod looks for custom frames at following path:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Managed/iemod

Where it should be:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/Managed/iemod

As per the instructions on rien-ici.com

@Bester and/or Sensuki

This might be a little off topic, but do either of you have a list of Global variables anywhere? (I've had a post-fight dialog fail to trigger, and I wanted to see if I could force it rather than do the fight again.)

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

As per the instructions on rien-ici.com

Yeah, maybe. I don't have a Mac, it's just some dude told me to write it like that, I've no idea if he's right or not.

This might be a little off topic, but do either of you have a list of Global variables anywhere?

Haven't looked into global variables yet.

Edited by Bester

I'm getting the "File has not been approved yet" error :(

I'm getting the "File has not been approved yet" error :(

Its a side effect of it being a very fresh mod and game on the nexus, its there to prevent people from adding malicious files by having someone approve them before being distributed on the site.

Usually it goes very quick as the modding community of each game has people approving it, but since PoE is so new and with so few mods atm it hasnt got the fast approval it otherwise would if posted to another game.

Bester, any chance of a RemoveAbility command? There's none in the base game and for whatever reason, my Aloth's got two Arcane Assaults. =_= At first I thought it was related to the IE Mod and the added ChangeClass command, but nope, reloaded and it still occurs all on it's own.

t50aJUd.jpg

Can anyone figure out how to change people's Attributes? I want to change Durance's intelligence but the command "AttributeScore" which is what I've found just doesn't seem to work. I've also seen that "iroll20s" is required. I can get that command to work but not AttributeScore, any advice appreciated.

Yeah, maybe. I don't have a Mac, it's just some dude told me to write it like that, I've no idea if he's right or not.

Well you can tell the dude he was wrong ;) This is the correct path:

/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/Managed

It might be different for GOG Mac versions though. 

Either way, it doesn't matter much as I can simply create the correct path and put the png's there. What I am not sure however is if it might affect anything else in the mod?

Bester, any chance of a RemoveAbility command? There's none in the base game and for whatever reason, my Aloth's got two Arcane Assaults. =_= At first I thought it was related to the IE Mod and the added ChangeClass command, but nope, reloaded and it still occurs all on it's own.

I'm 90% sure that's a ChangeClass bug. At least one other person reported it earlier in the thread, and I just got it earlier this morning.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Well you can tell the dude he was wrong wink.png This is the correct path:

/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/Managed

But... this is the same path that he indicated. And this is the same path that I have on the mod's site. Now I'm confused.

Is this instruction correct or not? "Place the contents of the archive into Steam ▸ steamapps ▸ common ▸ Pillars of Eternity ▸ PillarsOfEternity.app ▸ Contents ▸ Data ▸ Managed"

Edited by Bester

If you used the ChangeClass command, it is likely that it was caused by it. I'll make a console command to remove abilities in a few days.

I'm 90% sure that's a ChangeClass bug. At least one other person reported it earlier in the thread, and I just got it earlier this morning.

Well that's odd, because I loaded, but maybe something broke anyway.. :| Either way, would love to be able to remove the added abilities.

It's odd that it doesn't show up right away. Everything was great a few loading screens later. And now Edér's got two Constant Recovery, and Aloth has two Arcane Assault's. :lol:

t50aJUd.jpg