POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

Thanks for this Bester, your effort is much appreciated, will be trying out once I get back from work.

One question, will there be any problems with using the mod on a game in progress or should one start a new game once mod is installed?

Thanks for this Bester, your effort is much appreciated, will be trying out once I get back from work.

One question, will there be any problems with using the mod on a game in progress or should one start a new game once mod is installed?

You can start using it immediately, nothing the mod does will cause conflicts with a current game save.  Messing with console commands may much stuff up but the mod itself simply makes optional gameplay/ui changes.

Really love the options added with this mod but there are a few very minor problems.

A) Requires iroll20s for certain commands still though documentation states otherwise.

B) Talents get added to the abilities list and do not get removed from pool of selectable talents. This prevents talents with multiplle tiers from getting used outside of both tiers

Example: Weapon focus and mastery both need to be added by console or through level up to work, getting focus with console doesnt let you choose mastery later unless you spend actual talentpoints on focus and then mastery.

C)Talents and abilities can have duplicates that stack to insane levels, ofcs it'll list each seperately so your char sheets and ability bar becomes cluttered may or may not be intended?

Ofcs as stated these are minor and not that important, just me nitpicking really  :p 

You can start using it immediately, nothing the mod does will cause conflicts with a current game save.  Messing with console commands may much stuff up but the mod itself simply makes optional gameplay/ui changes.

nice, thanks!

• Like 1

B) Talents get added to the abilities list and do not get removed from pool of selectable talents.

Are you talking about the console command that allows you to respec? How exactly can I reproduce this situation?

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

B) Talents get added to the abilities list and do not get removed from pool of selectable talents.

Are you talking about the console command that allows you to respec? How exactly can I reproduce this situation?

I mean if you use the command "AddTalent fast_runner" you will get the fast runner talent, but on the character sheet it will be listed as an ability.

Additionally when levelling up you will still be able to choose Fast runner under utility and spend a point on it, which adds Fast runner under talents giving you two Fast Runner instances(both work as intended).

So really its more of a graphical thing and being careful with doubling on talents.

As I said its a minor thing that really isnt necessary to fix per se, its just an inquiry if its intended that talents get put under abilities and dont get removed from selectable level up talents.

(Used this command thinking I could move faster with fast runner, turns out its combat only, though it can have comical effect if stacked having enemies trying to catch up while you leave them in the dust)

I mean if you use the command "AddTalent fast_runner" you will get the fast runner talent, but on the character sheet it will be listed as an ability.

Oh. That's Obsidian's console command, it's probably deprecated if it doesn't work properly. Will look into it later. Perhaps adding a talent through some "add ability" console command would work properly instead. The engine considers them all as abilities after all.

I know it says steam, but seems to be working well on my gog version save for the combat looting/item swapping.

What exactly doesn't work? Looting bodies isn't supposed to work (it's been disabled), but item swapping should. Could you elaborate?

I know it says steam, but seems to be working well on my gog version save for the combat looting/item swapping.

What exactly doesn't work? Looting bodies isn't supposed to work (it's been disabled), but item swapping should. Could you elaborate?

In combat, trying to move an item either in stash, equipped, or from one party member to another says in red "that slot cant be changed in combat"

Everything else seems to work as intended. Thanks for the mod too btw.

Edited by Corivar

In combat, trying to move an item either in stash, equipped, or from one party member to another says in red "that slot cant be changed in combat"

Everything else seems to work as intended. Thanks for the mod too btw.

Oh, indeed, managed to reproduce it, thanks for the report. Will look into it for the next patch.

Additionally when levelling up you will still be able to choose Fast runner under utility and spend a point on it, which adds Fast runner under talents giving you two Fast Runner instances(both work as intended).

So really its more of a graphical thing and being careful with doubling on talents.

As I said its a minor thing that really isnt necessary to fix per se, its just an inquiry if its intended that talents get put under abilities and dont get removed from selectable level up talents.

(Used this command thinking I could move faster with fast runner, turns out its combat only, though it can have comical effect if stacked having enemies trying to catch up while you leave them in the dust)

This is not related to the mod, but you're using the wrong command. You should be using "AddAbility tln_fast_runner". All Talents are prefaced with "tln_". Otherwise you're trying to add the ability function that the game uses to handle the talent, and it leads to wonkyness.

t50aJUd.jpg