POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

Hey guys. 

This is my latest one. I will continue with it some other time. But right now its almost good enough to eat. I saved it in png. I'm not sure how bester want me to format this but this PNG can be extracted!.  Go test this out. I know I'm missing the "highlighted" version, which I will work on it soon. 

Let me know what you think. The wood texture can be changed to whatever you like, I just found this neat texture on google. 

ywf3pNE.png

Edited by ryukenden
  • Like 4

Go test this out. I know I'm missing the "highlighted" version, which I will work on it soon.

There is no need for highlighted version as it turned out, just normal version.

Also this close to release, I just want to wrap a few things up and that's it, I won't be modding in new things at this point.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Just as an official update UI wise a few announcements!

All four Kark bars will now support these resolutions 100% for launch day-

1280x720

1440x900

1600x900

1920x1080

2560x1440

Sadly the bars will not work with any resolution greater than 1920x1080 UNLESS it is a 16x9 resolution.  So sorry 1920x1200 lovers it isn't going to happen, the games scaler hates you.  Additionally more work was done on the log and log tab so they are looking a little cleaner and improved.  Per Falkon's request all UI images (and the Atlas) are also now 96 ppi.  Lastly lots and lots and lots of party border concepts got made, improved, trashed, edited, enhanced, and rebuilt.  In the end Bester and I feel like there was a set of them that were good enough for release, but since there were so many and it was hard deciding what should be the default we are just going to include the ones we consider the best in the mod and let you the player decide which ones you want to use. 

All you have to do is pick the one you like best, make a backup of  "ActionBarAlternate.png" and rename the Atlas image you like to "ActionBarAlternate.png" then drop it in the iemod/buttons folder.  The mod will also come with a comparison image so you can see what all the borders look like without having to actually boot the game.  There should also be plenty of options to choose from, including color blind party highlight options, more art oriented frames, and some minimalist style frames too.  Something for everyone we hope!

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

Oh that's wonderful! You sound like you already have an idea on how to do it. Do you know how long it will take to implement? And do you mean the next build of POE or the next build for the IE mod?

The thing you asked was implemented a few days ago. I just need to wrap a few things up to release the final version for this BB.

If I were you, I'd probably just hold off a final version for this BB and prepare stuff for the final release. We're depending on you, Bester, don't go breakin' our hearts.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

IE mod v4.3 patch notes.

Added a checkbox in Options -> IE Mod: Disable Movement Recovery Penalty as per Sensuki's request.

Added a checkbox in Options -> IE Mod: Autosave Before Transitions. Makes autosaves happen before transition, rather than after.

Fixed ~10 mod related bugs. (some were borderline major)

New console command "DisableRedCursor true/false" - allows you to disable the red disengagement cursor even if you're not using a "disable engagement" mod as per Sensuki's request.

New console command "DisableTooltipOffset true/false" - when you're using a custom frame, the large enemy tooltip in the upper left corner of the screen is automatically displaced 150 pixels to the right to accommodate for a possible left bar. However, Karkarov's frame doesn't have a left bar. So if you don't want it in its original position, type DisableTooltipOffset false. Also per Sensuki's request.

New console command that allows you to respec yourself or your party members (drops them to level 0 and allows you to relevel them up), or you can do the same thing, but also change their class.
The console command is ChangeClass <name> <Class>
As always, you must find the ingame name of your characters using the "FindCharacter command".
So let's say you want to respec your "BB Wizard".
Type in "FindCharacter Wizard". You'll get something like Companion_BB_Wizard(Clone)_4 in the console. This is the name you should use.
Now do ChangeClass Companion_BB_Wizard(Clone)_4 Wizard - your companion will fall down to level 0 and you'll be able to level him up differently from how he was.
Or type ChangeClass Companion_BB_Wizard(Clone)_4 Fighter - and he'll turn into a level 0 fighter instead.
Warning: do not attempt to transition/quit/save game while your character is level 0. You need to level him up first.
Also of note that this console command removes all abilities from a character, including their racial bonus. It will be back though - just level him up, save the game and reload, the racial bonus will reappear.
Another thing to consider is if you get some kind of special ability during the game that isn't accessible during leveling up, you will most likely lose it if you attempt to respec yourself.
Exercise caution with this console command, consider it experimental.

New a console command to allow you to rename creatures. This is important for when you respec into a Ranger, because your companion will be called something like BearCompanion.
So again, find your companion's ingame name, then use RenameCreature ingamename newname
Example: RenameCreature Animal_Companion_Wolf(Clone) Wolfie

Also Karkarov included a few more resolutions, as well as multiple atlases for you to chose from:
(simply go in Managed\iemod\buttons and place the version that you like the most in this folder)
Hopefully this is not final, because Sensuki and I asked for the classic one to have a green rectangle with right angles, instead of rounded ones.

Portrait%20Bar%20Image%20Guide.png

• Like 9

that's cool! You mentioned about the respecing of npc's, would that allow the npc's to still retain their spoken dialog and everything from before? Also, that sounds like you could theoretically spawn custom pets for the ranger, such as spiders (which I know you hate,) or other monster types, which would be awesome as heck. Maybe be useful for the expansion. Would it be a similar process to allow spawning multiple pets, like a lion and a bear? That would be beastmode lol! Sometimes it amazes me what you programmers and modders can do outside of the finished product. great work! Also one last future feature request, or maybe I could figure out how to do it on my own somehow, is there a way for us to change font colors? Some font's are really illegible. 

would that allow the npc's to still retain their spoken dialog and everything from before?

It's not related to their dialogues or any of that, only to their level, skills and abilities.

In what windows do you find fonts illegible? You can change the font size, you know that, right?

would that allow the npc's to still retain their spoken dialog and everything from before?

It's not related to their dialogues or any of that, only to their level, skills and abilities.

In what windows do you find fonts illegible? You can change the font size, you know that, right?

its the colors of some fonts, like the ones on the grainy wood background, other times its the grey on black bg some red on wood textures etc.

Bester, out of everyone, you've probably got the best grasp of the game under the hood of the non-developers, so I have a question, based on how things work.

Would it be feasible/easy to make the Dexterity Attribute reduce the Armour Recovery Penalty by Percentage?

I'm planning on making some changes to the Attributes, and it occurred to me that currently, Dexterity is mostly passed on by builds that want heavy armour. I would want to alleviate this by adding a ~3% (2? Higher? Lower? Debatable.) reduction to the Armour Recovery Penalty per point of Dexterity. So let's say base Plate Armour has a penalty of -50%, with fully pumped, 20 Dexterity (10*3%), it would be reduced by 30%, to -35%.

This would affect heavier armours more, and light armour very little, and clothing not at all, and could go a long way to make Dexterity better for heavier armour. Perhaps too good, but before I even think of tuning, I want to see if it's possible, but I have no idea how I'd do it. I'm good at copy-pasting and adjusting, actually writing functions is just lolno, I'm strictly a peasant-tier modder.

Any chance?

t50aJUd.jpg

Bester, out of everyone, you've probably got the best grasp of the game under the hood of the non-developers, so I have a question, based on how things work.

Would it be feasible/easy to make the Dexterity Attribute reduce the Armour Recovery Penalty by Percentage?

I'm planning on making some changes to the Attributes, and it occurred to me that currently, Dexterity is mostly passed on by builds that want heavy armour. I would want to alleviate this by adding a ~3% (2? Higher? Lower? Debatable.) reduction to the Armour Recovery Penalty per point of Dexterity. So let's say base Plate Armour has a penalty of -50%, with fully pumped, 20 Dexterity (10*3%), it would be reduced by 30%, to -35%.

This would affect heavier armours more, and light armour very little, and clothing not at all, and could go a long way to make Dexterity better for heavier armour. Perhaps too good, but before I even think of tuning, I want to see if it's possible, but I have no idea how I'd do it. I'm good at copy-pasting and adjusting, actually writing functions is just lolno, I'm strictly a peasant-tier modder.

Any chance?

I've done a few calculations on this myself. I want to check to see if armors have types behind the scenes, but at the very least I wanted to tie dex to medium armor. I actually WANT a reason for my characters to wear medium and light armor instead of going naked to plate. I cannot fathom for the life of me some of these systems intent.

I've done a few calculations on this myself. I want to check to see if armors have types behind the scenes, but at the very least I wanted to tie dex to medium armor. I actually WANT a reason for my characters to wear medium and light armor instead of going naked to plate. I cannot fathom for the life of me some of these systems intent.

You realize there are armors in game that can have reduced speed penalty, or other special effects right?  Also dex can counter the effects of armor speed penalty.  There is plenty of reason to wear lighter armors in the game.  Stop metagaming and play it for yourself on release, before assuming the whole system is borked.

• Like 1

Bester

Can u make plz console command to change companion's appearence?

The mod is feature locked at the moment, cause the release is what, 13 hours?

Not really. I'm only familiar with parts I had to work with.

Feasible ofc. Don't know how easy exactly, but most likely not very difficult.

I'm good at copy-pasting and adjusting, actually writing functions is just lolno, I'm strictly a peasant-tier modder.

Any chance?

You'd have to learn C# and a little bit of Unity.

• Like 1