POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

@bester

please, add a setAdventurerLimit method to allow a full custom party in BB.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Not if they go to roster upon removal. 480 prevents u from creating the 6-th custom char, because the game thinks BB chars are custom as well.

Either it's  permaremove or no roster limit.

I have two little requests to make:

1. if it's possible, can you swap the order of item properties and description text in the item description window?

2. I know it only takes a click to skip it, but can you cut off Paradox' logo just for to fun of it? wink.png

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I think maybe its about time we start familiarizing ourselves with Unity rather than inundating a single modder with requests...

I'm pretty sure I'll pass. Too much IRL stuff to keep me busy. I wish luck to anyone who goes into it though. And it's never a bad idea getting proficient with Unity. You can start getting job offers at some point, if you are into this kind of work.

eFoHp9V.png

Im a 35 year old soon to be father. I own a home and have a great job. I am not looking to change careers.

What I am saying is I often modded the old IE games to do crap I wanted them to do. I fired up nearinfinity myself and made my own kits, items, spells, abilities, etc. I didnt make a wishlist and hope someone else would do it for me. People doing that is what made the IE modding scene good.

• Like 2

Updated the mod for windows. Linux and mac won't be available for this version. Added functionality to hide buttons background so they'd fit into Karkarov's Ui very well. Custom buttons were drawn by Karkarov, but that's for the next version. As for the frames, I only included the new KarkarovB I think, KarkarovA is the old one, but Karkarov's updated it I think and maybe even sent it to me, I just lost it in all the fuss (sorry). It's only 1920*1080 for now anyway.

1. if it's possible, can you swap the order of item properties and description text in the item description window?
2. I know it only takes a click to skip it, but can you cut off Paradox' logo just for to fun of it? wink.png

1. Doesn't sound important, so I'll have to say no. Swamped with other mod related things right now.

2. It's supposed to be a mod that improves game experience, it's not for little pranks. I would cut out Activision out of VtM:B's logos because they ruined Troika, but Paradox did nothing like that to anyone, as far as I know.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 3
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Updated the mod for windows. Linux and mac won't be available for this version. Added functionality to hide buttons background so they'd fit into Karkarov's Ui very well. Custom buttons were drawn by Karkarov, but that's for the next version. As for the frames, I only included the new KarkarovB I think, KarkarovA is the old one, but Karkarov's updated it I think and maybe even sent it to me, I just lost it in all the fuss (sorry). It's only 1920*1080 for now anyway.

Ok, ok... no huge priority for me either. I don't know how much effort is needed is all.

Edited by Gairnulf

eFoHp9V.png

Anyone's who wants to get some new content, I recommend you type UnlockBestiary (if you're not using the mod, type in "Iroll20s" first) in the console and then check out a bunch of pencil art (stylized to look like it) that they drew for each type of monsters (Journal -> Cyclopedia -> Bestiary), and a bunch of descriptions (scroll down for those).

Edited by Bester
  • Like 2

Anyone's who wants to get some new content, I recommend you type UnlockBestiary (if you're not using the mod, type in "Iroll20s" first) in the console and then check out a bunch of pencil art (stylized to look like it) that they drew for each type of monsters (Journal -> Cyclopedia -> Bestiary), and a bunch of descriptions (scroll down for those).

Don't have to give specifics, but does it look like there's a fair bit of diversity of creatures in the game?

Made a "Drop Items" button in the inventory. Found it annoying that I couldn't get rid of items unless I could find a container. Now you can just drop stuff on the ground and pick it back up if you want. Or just leave it there if it's junk.

Will be available in the next version.

drop-items.jpg

Don't have to give specifics, but does it look like there's a fair bit of diversity of creatures in the game?

I guess. It's more down to earth kind of thing, no creatures from other planes or stuff like that. Lots of stuff that I guess you could find in swamps and caves... Not a big fan of that, but I can't say that it's not diverse.

There ARE lots of types of spiders unfortunately. I'm somewhat arachnophobic and there are 8 types of spiders out of 70 types of creatures (LOTS of which are repeated a lot... like skeleton mage, skeleton rogue, skeleton this and that...). So many spiders. Ugh.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 12

Yes, it uses the default mesh.

I really hate the default mesh. It's pink and looks like a 3 year old kid in blankets.

This is the next thing that I want to experiment with. I want to scale down the default loot mesh and give it a brown tint to see how it looks.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 6

@bester

Make sure u can't drop quest items not to break the game by accident.

Lul I did send it to you but fear not I kept it handy.  For those who want an updated karkarovA layout (what I like the call the default layout since everything is basically close to the same place it is in the default Obsidian UI) here is a link to download the clean version of the file that you can drop into the mod. 

http://i4.minus.com/ibkz4ZAW1N3pS1.png

Instructions on using the file!

Rename it to: karkarovA-1920x1080.png

Drop it into the iemod folder located in your steam games at "Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed/iemod"

If prompted to overwrite a file.... do so!

I will be working on different resolutions and layout options in earnest now that I am happy with how the UI's look.  So be on the lookout for that.  For those who want a peak of what the Kark A UI should look like properly aligned and set up....  Here you go!  Can't wait until those custom buttons can be modded in cause it will be even better!

ibfuOzENQmq3iQ.jpg

• Like 8

Amazing stuff!

And THANKS Bester for making loot droppable—THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

FTR there are a couple of bugs in this version of the mod atm 

• If you open the menu before you type BB into the console to use the custom hud buttons, it will break the buttons, and you'll have to exit to the main menu to reset it (we only figured out what was causing this last night, been a bug for several builds)
  • If you increase the combat log height, the auto resize "button" won't work, so you'll have to decrease it to ~200 px height to see the selection for it
  • Sometimes the menu will randomly shift left after a save/load if you're using the custom HUD

For droppable loot they should probably just turn into a loot bag, that would be the best way to solve it.

Edited by Sensuki

Hey 1440 resolution players out there who like this mod and want to use a custom UI, I need your help!

What I am looking for is a image of the in game UI elements.  Specifically I would like someone who plays in 1440 to go in game, turn on the default Obsidian UI, hide all the elements the mod allows you to hide, push the screen into a solid black zone, select BB Priest as your active character, then move the hud buttons and the party window out into the center of the screen away from everything else and do a print screen on that.  Then open a decent image editor like Gimp or Photoshop, paste it in as a new image, and save it as a high quality png.  Then just add it to a rar file, or something similar, post it to a file sharing site, and send me a link through PM on these forums.

I am asking for this so that I can get the best quality image possible to testing purposes when I scale the final versions of my UI's to 1440 for those who play at that resolution.  I would do it myself but my monitor does not support 1440.

When done your image should look like this.... except in 1440 resolution obviously.  Again huge thanks to anyone who can assist me with this, I will mucho appreciate it.

irq2rea2hlTBL.png

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

FTR there are a couple of bugs in this version of the mod atm 

• If you open the menu before you type BB into the console to use the custom hud buttons, it will break the buttons, and you'll have to exit to the main menu to reset it (we only figured out what was causing this last night, been a bug for several builds)
  • If you increase the combat log height, the auto resize "button" won't work, so you'll have to decrease it to ~200 px height to see the selection for it
  • Sometimes the menu will randomly shift left after a save/load if you're using the custom HUD

For droppable loot they should probably just turn into a loot bag, that would be the best way to solve it.

Fixed all of these internally. One was a longstanding bug since the first version actually, was extremely hard to track down because it didn't throw any errors, but Sensuki found the exact way to reproduce it and that solved it. Others were the result of the transition to v480, it was a difficult one.

• Like 7