POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

from what I've seen they do it with 2 thick circles, I saw a version of a thin blue circle that was fine in POE, but because of the occlusion of the fx and party members along with the noise of the grass and background the extra circle just a tad larger or smaller would help. Or, even if it were single circle that animated slightly larger or smaller by .3 or so would help.

Although, I have similar feeling towards the way they are using the line fx now for the cones, lines, green and yellow circles, etc that look pretty hokey honestly. It's the worst visual fx in the game I've seen, and I hope it's only placeholder. Without having the game and playing it in context I can't say for certain, but every chance I've seen it I've winced.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

Yeah the UI for AoEs could definitely look better, but I disagree about selection circles. I prefer a single thin line. In the latest version of the IE mod you can change the selection circle thickness with a console command.

• Like 1

o_O

BG:EE does that but it looks _TERRIBLE_

The UI and associated changes is pretty much the primary reason I'm staying away from the "Enhanced" Editions. It looks absolutely horrendous. When I saw the out-of-place fat, bolded selection circles, I nope'd straight out of that.

t50aJUd.jpg

Ideally regarding AoE art, I like what DotA 2 did

Range Finder, plus nice looking AoE. Range line turns red at the point of when you're out of range, and indicates exactly how far you'll have to move to cast (edge of the green and red line)

example3.png

They don't have to go 'full retard' with the patterned see through color though, just changing the line art to look a bit nicer would be fine

neImbD9.jpg

• Like 1

Something that occured to me last night while playing the beta - is it possible to mod in an "obligatory" pause of 1-2 sec right after any character's action has ended during combat? I think this would slow down the overall pace of combat and make it much easier for a new player to tell what's going on and whose will be the next action.

I'm suggesting this in the mod thread because I the team has been feature-locked for quite some time.

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I really think that's a bad idea, I'm getting annoyed just by trying to imagine how it would be to play with that option. tongue.png

Maybe it is, but I'd be curious to test it. I have almost 60 hours with the beta by now and I can't get used to the pace of combat. And it's not like I started playing rpgs this year. I'd hate it if reviewers label the combat as an unmanageable mess, or point out that the ratio of time spent paused vs unpaused during combat is about 3:1 for beginner players.

My reasoning is thus: I noticed while fighting Medreth's group that when they are down to one last man/woman, the delay I get between chatacters' actions becomes similar to that in the IE games, which was fine with me. By that time I had lost someone from my group too, so this means 5 characters total were fighting 4 to 1 and the intervals between attacks were long enough that I could follow the battle without getting overwhelmed. I wish I could replicate the same intervals between actions when there are 10 characters fighting.

Anyway my question was if it's possible or not.

• Like 1

eFoHp9V.png

Another thing - is it possible to mod in a slider that would change the model scale during character creation? I wish I could create a bleakwalker paladin called Gregor who is a bit larger than average people (GoT reference confirmed ;) )

eFoHp9V.png

Something that occured to me last night while playing the beta - is it possible to mod in an "obligatory" pause of 1-2 sec right after any character's action has ended during combat? I think this would slow down the overall pace of combat and make it much easier for a new player to tell what's going on and whose will be the next action.

I'm suggesting this in the mod thread because I the team has been feature-locked for quite some time.

I agree with this.

Slow mode is nice and all, but looks "strange" in a way.

This game has combat speed closer to what you usually find in action games, and I just don't think it works well with RTWP.

Pausing every second just becomes a chore, really.

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour."

Weapon master,- Flail of the dead horse +5.

Everything you're discussing is possible of course, but I'm not going to be the one to do it, maybe someone else might implement it when modding picks up. I've been working on something else for the mod since yesterday, something a lot of people have been asking for. Will show soon.

• Like 7
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Everything you're discussing is possible of course, but I'm not going to be the one to do it, maybe someone else might implement it when modding picks up. I've been working on something else for the mod since yesterday, something a lot of people have been asking for. Will show soon.

wonderful :D

In-Development: Turn-Based cRPG, late backing OPEN!

realms_beyond_logo_360x90px_transparent_

In game screenshot of what I'm working on. Buttons on the left side are temporary, they'll be wider like in BG.

2015-02-22_00004.jpg

(just noticed... two characters have bright selection circles when only one is selected - it's a bug)

Edited by Bester
  • Like 14
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

This is something I'd like just because it would slow down combat and make it functionally turn-based, which would be a nice option to have. RTWP has always been sortof a hybrid format for me; I started with the old Gold Box games and as much as I liked the Infinity Engine I'd like a turn-based option even more.