POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

IE games didn't have "rest anywhere" by default, mods added that, but yeah, it's easy to do, so I added it to the list.

>a list should be made for everything IE that's missing from PoE and have it put in the game

I was thinking of making a trello list (cause they're pretty cool) and getting people to vote for issues that they think should be addressed first, but then I remember the number of downloads and the consequent fact that it'd look pathetic with 2-3 votes. icon_lol.gif

We could use Google Docs, possibly. 

Bit of a bug with using this, it's a great mod but I'm adding cash to buy custom adventurers but the game won't save and freezes up when I leave the Inn or go upstairs.

Tried relogging and loading the autosave, it will allow me to save in the Inn, but only before I remove the BB members from my party. Gah!

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

That's a bug with the base game, not the mod @Ashen Rohk

I reported it myself on the very first day the beta v392 was out

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69751-392-party-manager-breaks-loadingtransitions/

Try killing the BB Characters as a workaround. Doesn't always work (sometimes you get a black screen after hiring adventurers) but sometimes it does.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

That's a bug with the base game, not the mod @Ashen Rohk

I reported it myself on the very first day the beta v392 was out

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69751-392-party-manager-breaks-loadingtransitions/

Try killing the BB Characters as a workaround. Doesn't always work (sometimes you get a black screen after hiring adventurers) but sometimes it does.

Huh, never encountered it before. Seems to be something to do with either the BB Wizard or the number of party members...

Will try good old fashioned murder.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

• 3 weeks later...

IE game mods that I'm happy to see and would like to see. Some might be hard or impossible but seeing the draggable U.I. has renewed my faith that some things might just be doable.

Implemented with the Tick option:

Coloured circles for NPCs

Inventory in Combat unlocked

No engagement

Disable excessive highlighting when hitting the TAB button.

Partially implemented but would like to see the Tick option:

Draggable U.I.

Unlimited Rest supplies

Wish List:

Vertical Portraits on side of screen

Unlimited gold for Merchants (exit and re-entering a shop resets the Merchants gold anyway. Give merchants unlimited gold or at least a LOT of gold to avoid resetting it all the time).

Map Transition anywhere on side of map.

Drop items on ground.

Stealth for individual party members. Be nice to select all party members (currently in game) and hit stealth or just one party member and select stealth.

Male or Female portrait option at Character creation.

Option to remove penalties from Armour.

Healing Spells and Potions to cure Health.

• Like 3

This is amazing! Everything I have seen on this thread looks like a healthy dose of awesomesauce -- it's just a shame that they're not options that are going to be incorporated into the release :-). 

Also, making the circles yellow would just fill me with dread...

>Option to remove penalties from Armour.

This one is particularly interesting to me, since I want to play a wizard and I hate the fact that it's better to play a naked wizard, than a robed one right now. IE games didn't have any penalties on robes, and it's just ridiculous that a naked mage's recovery time is faster than a robed one. I want my wizard to have a robe for god's sake, he's a wizard, not a nudist.

It's doable.

>Unlimited gold for Merchants (exit and re-entering a shop resets the Merchants gold anyway. Give merchants unlimited gold or at least a LOT of gold to avoid resetting it all the time).

I'd much prefer merchants' gold not being reset and having them accumulate it gradually when you leave, than them always having heaps of gold. I hope they'll fix it themselves.

I know that's not how it was in the IE games, but that's how it was in the Fallout games :3

Anyway, merchants with unlimited gold may simply break the economy of the game. Would have to play the entire game to have a solid opinion on this option.

>Vertical Portraits on side of screen

Doable.

>Map Transition anywhere on side of map.

I wouldn't do it, for quite a few reasons. It's difficult to do, it may be game breaking in certain areas (we don't know, we need to see the entire game), and it just makes more sense to travel by road. Plus, some encounters might be set up this way (between you and the road), as well as some other things. Some areas, quests or situations may be specifically designed assuming you can't transition anywhere.

>Drop items on ground.

Doable.

>Stealth for individual party members.

No idea if it's doable.

>Healing Spells and Potions to cure Health.

Doable.

>Unlimited Rest supplies

It's just cheese, isn't it? I'd like to see an option for "rest anywhere" though. Anyway, both are doable.

I'm not working on the mod right now though, so I'm unlikely to do any of it. The mod is open source, so anyone willing to step up will be able to add these things quite easily.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 7
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I'm not working on the mod right now though, so I'm unlikely to do any of it.

OH NOES!!1!one

How come?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm not working on the mod right now though, so I'm unlikely to do any of it.

OH NOES!!1!one

How come?

Why would he? He's pretty much worked out what is and isn't possible to do, and the game is currently in beta. No sense keeping up with continual development until release, really. At the very least, why do it with v392 when the next (and likely last) beta is around the corner? He'd just have to redo stuff.

t50aJUd.jpg

whew ... thought he meant to say he had dropped work on the mod for good :)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How come?

As with all things, the interest wanes eventually. I'll update the mod for the new game versions, but I most likely won't be adding anything new. I already spent around 2 months worth of full time work on it, now the modding framework is available for anyone willing to mod and there are plenty of examples in the code of how to do various things, and I'm always available for questions if somebody is interested in giving it a try.

I do have other interests, lol.

• Like 6

Does seem like good work, blue NPC's definitely is a must.

Little confused about people talking about always on rings being BG1 only, IIRC BG2 was the same, PS:T had no circles under the feet by default (which felt odd coming from BG2) unless paused, and of course a UI worse than the BG's... bottom, not IWD2 bad, but I can sense a bit of a trend here. Can't really recall the IWD's too much.

No talk of the yellow "routing" color of the IE-games. Is that forgotten, or is there simply no instance of such to find in PoE?

I also agree that no popping off names on tab is good. Can't commend on collorisation in combat, not being in the vid and not recall seeing it in the playthrough someone did a few versions ago.

You already knew about engagement, and was used to BG1's way of 'inventory unpauses' making the BG2 version feel rather stupid and much too forgiving.

But just that it can all be modded is a good sign, hopefully we can see plenty of these mods after release, if not various good ideas ingested in the main game already...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Windows version for v435 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/iemod-435.zip

Unlocking combat inventory also unlocks combat lockpicking. Otherwise, no changes other than that.

In case you were using custom UI and have moved the party bar, your portraits will not be attached to the party solid background initially, so hit "Use Default UI", reload the game, and then move things around like you want, everything will be ok.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 6

Somebody sent me a macos assembly, so here's the modded version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/iemod-435-v3-macos.zip

Also there's been a little update, so

Windows: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/iemod-435-v3-windows.zip
Linux: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/iemod-435-v3-linux.zip

About the update: Disable Engagement has been reworked and what was an experimental feature is now an actual fully functional mod. Godawful thick circles are removed from the game entirely. Arrows will not be displayed if you tick disable engagement. Enemies now change targets correctly and the overall dynamics are the same as in vanilla.

Also since the devs have made circles even thicker now, I made a console command that allows you to change the thickness to your liking. I'd prefer to make a slider in the options, but I'm limited in time. So the console command is SelCircWidth 0.03 (the range of numbers is probably somewhere from 0.01 to 0.05... experiment and see what suits you best...) The thickness will be saved between plays, so you only have to configure it once.

Oh yeah, I've also made it thinner by default, so you may not want to change anything.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 8

Fantastic! Thanks, Bester :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bester, that sounds like a really great progress you've made. Would it be much work to create a double circle with negative space in between so you might have like a .1 to .5 distance in between the circles? I feel like that negative space would help give context in the word with a stronger contrast vs using a very thin or very thick circle under the target.