POSSIBLE SPOILERS Modding thread: A simple mod and Console commands

Bester

We can probably include an option that changes NPC circles to yellow or something for people who play with the colorblind mode on and have blue party circles. I'm not sure which would be the most colorblind friendly NPC color. Someone who is actually colorblind could probably help me there.

Unless they have full-blown tritanopia colour blindness, Yellow should work. Blue is usually used because everyone can see it, but yellow shouldn't be mistaken for anything else anyway, I think. For reference: http://i.imgur.com/roggTPV.jpg

I still really wonder why they thought it'd be a good idea for all non-hostile NPC:s to show up as Allies. With Green for Allies, Red for Enemies, and Cyan for Neutral, all they'd have to do for a Colourblind Mode is to switch Allies to Yellow.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Lie to the attittude? Get over yourself.

And no, I made no assumptions of that kind. If I had done so, I wouldn't say that I would use those great looking mods on my second run to improve my experience.

I don't care how people play their games, you can cheat or mod all you want, I respect that completely. I just usually refrain from it, since I want to experience the product as I got it. 

EDIT: Your point about the game being created with limited time and ressources is correct. But playing the vanilla product gives me joy and appreciation in relation to that, which everyone who has ever performed a complicated, creative task on a deadline should be able to relate to.  

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1

thank you Sensuki and Bester for the work you're putting into making PoE more akin to the old games. Perhaps you are also considering removing endurance and leaving just health and adding healing potions/spells to the game? Perhaps also making spells/abilities per rest only and casting outside of combat e.g. for neutral spells? Thanks again.

Here's a video demonstrating most of the features of the mod, but I forgot to demonstrate a few of them such as TAB interaction with the ability tooltips

This is awesome beyond words and such small aesthetic changes makes all the difference for dat IE feel somehow.

• Like 1

Coming from a color blind person, as long as it is vividly distinctive from other colors it should be fine. A good rule of thumb would be to have the colors the farthest apart from each other as possible on the color spectrum. It should work for all but the very most color blind (mine is pretty bad and this would more than likely be fine for me). If you want to make sure feel free to send me pictures and I can give you some feedback.

As a rule, in color theory typically red, blue, and yellow would be primary colors that have strong contrast. Then complementary colors with strong contrast would be red/green, blue/orange, and yellow/purple. I think if you wanted to have the most contrast from what I've seen in the game, you would probably not want to use green circles at all to avoid a loss of contrast against the background. Blue would be a good, red, and yellow/gold would be most useful. 

I'm wondering how hard it will be to add new companions to poe. I hope it won't be too difficult.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm wondering how hard it will be to add new companions to poe. I hope it won't be too difficult.

Relatively speaking, I foresee it being rather easy.

Now, adding good companions, though... I don't see that ever happening.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

Relatively speaking, I foresee it being rather easy.

Now, adding good companions, though... I don't see that ever happening.

Because GOOD often implies customized assets, dialogue and whatnot. just adding a randomized NPC won't cut it...

• Like 1
In-Development: Turn-Based cRPG, late backing OPEN!

realms_beyond_logo_360x90px_transparent_

Yeah, you can click and drag any of the elements and put them where you wish. Vertical portraits is not currently supported though as that ... would be very tricky given the way how things are done presently.

Also the move to Unity 4.6 would potentially allow modders to create their own new UI with the Unity 4.6 UI which is much easier to work with than NGUI.

Bester sent me a preliminary version before he went to bed as it's not ready for public release yet.

Edited by Sensuki

thank you Sensuki and Bester for the work you're putting into making PoE more akin to the old games. Perhaps you are also considering removing endurance and leaving just health and adding healing potions/spells to the game? Perhaps also making spells/abilities per rest only and casting outside of combat e.g. for neutral spells? Thanks again.

I'd also like to see removal of camping supplies and rest anywhere like the IE games. Better yet, a list should be made for everything IE that's missing from PoE and have it put in the game. The 'Infinity Engine Mod'. And I love how it's an easy menu option with ticking or un-ticking whatever you want.

I always thought when people said 'mods will fix it', it was a joke. Well it looks like not only will mods be needed but will be required to fix the game for us that want the game to play like an IE game. Because Obsidian sure aren't fixing it.

• Like 2

Rest Anywhere is an easy one to do. I'm sure that can be included soon (for the likes of yourself, Gfted1 and others that want it) and I believe mutonizer modded that in himself back in v278. I was actually hoping for campsite rests in this game so that completing dungeon levels was actually a tense resource management game, unfortunately they went with camping supplies instead, which isn't quite the same thing.

Edited by Sensuki

IE games didn't have "rest anywhere" by default, mods added that, but yeah, it's easy to do, so I added it to the list.

>a list should be made for everything IE that's missing from PoE and have it put in the game

I was thinking of making a trello list (cause they're pretty cool) and getting people to vote for issues that they think should be addressed first, but then I remember the number of downloads and the consequent fact that it'd look pathetic with 2-3 votes. icon_lol.gif

• Like 3
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Alright, two things:

1) Forget motion capture lol, it's not something that produces final animation files. As far as I know, half of them end up being unusable, the other half needs serious work. You can make animations easily yourself in Maya, you don't need to buy all that motion capture crap for that.

2) If you want to modify current animations, try to export .fbx files with disunity, get them into maya and modify them, then I can attempt to hook them up to the game and replace current animations with them.

• Like 3
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link