Shouldn't Health and Endurance Be Switched?

PrimeHydra

This is not remotely what is happening in this thread. Its like kids with ADHD chasing rabid squirrels.

Eh. Already devolving to the level of cheap barbs. 

I pointed out your mistake that the two pools as you claimed are not necessary for attrition. But instead of replying to that you are just blabbering. WHy should I take you seriously? 

But still, I will be generous. 

Any system that has unnecessary components is unoptimized. That is why I am, and I am sure, a lot of people in this thread find the two pool system pointless. Just dismissing them as "ADHD" people makes you simply the problem, not the solution. As I see it, al you have done is beat up some strawmen and ignored all the excellent argument made in the thread. 

• Like 1

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

Cheap barbs is all that the posts in this thread merit. There is no clear point being made, so why should anyone bother?

2 things:

1. You assume that anything that is unnecessary is unoptimized. This is false. You do not need lots of things in life but claiming that not having them makes your life optimal is stupid.

2. People have not proven anything "pointless" with regards to anything in this thread. The current system certainly has a "point." Again, having just 1 pool leads to clear loss. If you have 2 pools, one that can be healed in combat and 1 that cannot, then its easy to balance strategic health loss against short term stamina gain. You limit it to one pool and you end up losing that. Having just one pool would also drastically change encounter design since you cannot expect people to be at full stamina at each encounter if you were to get rid of stamina.

Your "fixes" would create a host of problems that would make the game worse.

Cheap barbs is all that the posts in this thread merit. 

Then get off the thread.  Let us discuss. There is not need for your stuff. 

• Like 1

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."