What? Pillars game on eBay?

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Hi, I am from Germany but I never have had the idea to look for PoE in ebay.

As a cRPG collector I am at least twice a week browsing through the offered cRPGs to complete my collection.

This seller promises a delivery date by end of October...

Quote:

PC Spiel

Pillars of Eternity

neu

Bitte kurze Nachricht vor Kauf, dass ich Ihn sagen kann ob das Spiel vorrätig ist.

End of quote

This means this guy is selling 30  brand new copies of PoE. Before you buy - please send me a short message, so I can tell you if the game is on stock.

Afterwards is a lot of text explaining what kind of game PoE is and the similiarity to the IE games.

If you buy two copies you will get a poster of your choice he promises.

Really strange....

This means this guy is selling 30  brand new copies of PoE. Before you buy - please send me a short message, so I can tell you if the game is on stock.

I suppose if you send him the message he will tell you it's back ordered but he would be happy to take your money and deliver it as soon as he gets it "back in stock"

eBay seems to have mostly been taken over by arbitragers. Is it even possible to get a good deal there anymore?

I suppose if you send him the message he will tell you it's back ordered but he would be happy to take your money and deliver it as soon as he gets it "back in stock"

eBay seems to have mostly been taken over by arbitragers. Is it even possible to get a good deal there anymore?

A lot of the cRPGs I own are from eBay. But it is true: you have to absolutely be sure and - in a lot of cases - ask additional questions about the games you want to buy, especially if you want to get a game in near mint condition or a game that maybe contains something like the old Ultimas with all the goodies included like a cloth map, an ankh or what ever. Sometimes it is hard not get betrayed or feel like you got betryed.

Sometime you still can get a good deal there or it is the only chance to buy 10 -30 years old video games.

Regarding PoE in this auction: I will ask him about the delivery of this game and will post his answer here... just for fun.

• Like 1

Hi, I am from Germany but I never have had the idea to look for PoE in ebay.

As a cRPG collector I am at least twice a week browsing through the offered cRPGs to complete my collection.

This seller promises a delivery date by end of October...

I was actually looking for the PC Gamer magazine with Pillars on its cover, then just got sidetracked; there are a couple books and a CD with the same title, heh. I've also been considering going for a PAX Pillars of Eternity flask sometimes found on eBay, but maybe someone will do me a favor and buy the one currently up to save me the money. :D (I really don't need more useless stuff, honest.)

It really depends on what market you're looking at. Software, for example, is one of the riskier ones, especially if there's any activation involved. Another market I sometimes peruse is quite safe because the supply far exceeds demand. It also just comes down to knowing one's sh--. :) I've dealt with a lot of auctions in the $$$ range, including some foreign ones, and was cheated only once because I took a chance and didn't find a translator to fully check an auction for me before I bid, oh well. Lesson learned.

Regarding PoE in this auction: I will ask him about the delivery of this game and will post his answer here... just for fun.

2ibfd4k.jpg

• Like 3

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Almost forgot about this. :p Anyone by chance try to ask the seller a Q (in German, I guess)?

I don't know if Obsidian can or is inclined to shut that auction down, too...

Almost forgot about this. :p Anyone by chance try to ask the seller a Q (in German, I guess)?

Dear Douchetasche,

Stop trying to rip people off.

Thanks

I just reported the item as counterfeit. I will check in a few days to see if it is removed. If it isn't, I will try to elevate it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Like 2

I just reported the item as counterfeit. I will check in a few days to see if it is removed. If it isn't, I will try to elevate it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

But may be he was saying, You buy it now from me, when it comes out I will buy it and then send it to you.

Almost forgot about this. tongue.png Anyone by chance try to ask the seller a Q (in German, I guess)?

But may be he was saying, You buy it now from me, when it comes out I will buy it and then send it to you.

No.

There are several timing rules on eBay and with credit card companies that make what this seller is doing unethical, illegal, and just plain ****ty.

Now, I don't remember the timing rules off the top of my head, so some of these are estimates*, but you'll get the gist of the idea:

You have 30-45* days to file a refund/return request or file a complaint through eBay's buyer guarantee.

You have 60* days to leave feedback for the seller.

You have only so many days to dispute a charge with your credit card company.

Keep in mind that this game won't release for SEVERAL months beyond when that seller started posting.

Technically speaking, there is NO SUCH THING as a "pre-order" on eBay, under the definition that a buyer will not be charged until the product is actually ready for shipment (and in a number of cases can also be canceled before that point in time, like on Amazon); you're technically doing a PRE-PURCHASE.

But this is a common scam on eBay: Pretend to set up a preorder auction/buyout with a ship date several months out, then just take the money and run. The buyer can't even leave negative feedback by then. You are literally scot-free.

I don't know why there are such idiots out there who would fall for this trick, but there are! I never pre-order except from places like Amazon/whatever, and I never pre-purchase (e.g. lots of MMORPG expansions are sold this way, which pisses me off) with the exception of rare Kickstarters like this one---and then you have to think of it as a donation anyway.

So moral of the story: This is a completely BS scam. DON'T EVER "PREORDER" ON EBAY.

Edited by Ieo

So moral of the story: This is a completely BS scam. DON'T EVER "PREORDER" ON EBAY.

A commercial retailer with full contact information on that very page? I think stupidity is more likely than any intentional deception here.

Do note that he explicitly tells people to message him first to ask whether the game is actually available.

Also, keep in mind that this seller is subject to german trade law, which may differ from what you know.

Not that i'd suggest buying from him. He doesn't seem to put a lot of effort in his auctions for somebody who does this for a living.

Edited by Azrael Ultima

Oh, I didn't bother trying to read the details (since I can't), but if it's a...storefront of some kind, meh.

German trade law is a good point; still, eBay itself has its own selling rules that may or may not coincide with both retailer rules and other law. I doubt eBay's internal seller rules will differ too much, but who knows.