Fallout 1 remake

ObsidianFan123

Hiya!

I would like to ask the employees of Obsidian about how they feel about the prospects of continuing work within the Fallout franchise. As we've already seen with New Vegas, it is possible. Or atleast was, at that time. The first thing that comes to my (and probably everyone else's) mind is ofc another fallout game in the style of New Vegas, but what I would like to enquire more about is the possibilities of seeing a remake of the original Fallout game on let's say New Vegas engine (havok was it?). I felt that New Vegas had a lot more "authentic" fallout feeling to it (probably because I played 1&2 before 3 =) so that's why I think that Obsidian would be a better choice for this instead of Bethesda. And ofc if the stars and planets magically align just right, then maybe inXile could collaborate on it aswell. But that's just me fantasizing about how things would go in the perfect universe that I have constructed up in my mind. So without further ado, please let the bombs fly and drop me down back to earth with the harsh realities of the current situation on this subject. Cheers.

Pronto!

Ghamarro, on 28 Oct 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:Ghamarro, on 28 Oct 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hiya!

I would like to ask the employees of Obsidian about how they feel about the prospects of continuing work within the Fallout franchise. As we've already seen with New Vegas, it is possible. Or atleast was, at that time. The first thing that comes to my (and probably everyone else's) mind is ofc another fallout game in the style of New Vegas, but what I would like to enquire more about is the possibilities of seeing a remake of the original Fallout game on let's say New Vegas engine (havok was it?). I felt that New Vegas had a lot more "authentic" fallout feeling to it (probably because I played 1&2 before 3 =) so that's why I think that Obsidian would be a better choice for this instead of Bethesda. And ofc if the stars and planets magically align just right, then maybe inXile could collaborate on it aswell. But that's just me fantasizing about how things would go in the perfect universe that I have constructed up in my mind. So without further ado, please let the bombs fly and drop me down back to earth with the harsh realities of the current situation on this subject. Cheers.

Honestly? I would prefer if New Vegas was ported in Fallout 2 engine instead of the other way around...

Edited by Malekith
  • Like 6

Ghamarro, on 28 Oct 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:Ghamarro, on 28 Oct 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hiya!

Honestly? I would prefer if New Vegas was ported in Fallout 2 engine instead of the other way around...

Absolutely.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

"Word on the street is they didn't like being forced into that engine by Bethesda."

Word on the street is they weren't forced into anything. They are an independent developer who signed a contract with a publisher to develop a game based on that contract. That's what they did. There was no force. If they didn't like the terms they shouldn't have signed the contract.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The worst part of New Vegas is Bethesda's engine and the type of gameplay it provides. Bloodlines has better gameplay and that game is clunky as hell. If they were to make another Fallout first person game, it would be better if they went down the Bloodlines/Deus Ex route, Human revolution probably does it best. The original Fallout is already the best Fallout game, it makes no sense to remake it with the worst parts of New Vegas.

"Bloodlines has better gameplay and that game is clunky as hell"

\

\No. And, I like Bloodlines but not ebcause of its gameplay. NV had wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better gameplay.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Word on the street is they didn't like being forced into that engine by Bethesda.

How on earth could they possibly have been "forced" when Bethesda approached them, offered to license it to them so they could make a game, and Bethesda would've clearly explained the conditions in advance?

I just don't see how this could be realistic in the slightest since anyone with half a brain could've expected Bethesda would've wanted a title similar to Fallout 3 in style.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I have a faint recollection of Sawyer (or someone else from the team) making a comment on that a few years back that there would've been problems with the developement timeframe (18 months) and the scope of the game if they had chosen to use another engine and build a game from scratch. That's what is probably meant with the often popping up "forced to use Bethesda's engine (and assets)". I may misremember, of course...

Anyways, there's absolutely no need to FPSify the old games; it would only do a disservice to what they were and tried to achieve

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."