Walk/Run Toggle?

meschert

Is there any possibility of adding a walk/run toggle to the game?

For my own roleplay style and immersion, I'd love to have a walk option.

Tried to find an official stance on this in the forum, but could not.

Thanks~!

Edited by meschert

You probably already know this, but you can speed up annoyingly slow parts (like waiting for your team to walk to the other side of town) by pressing "D" for double speed. If there were a run mode in addition to this, it might be too much speed and too many toggles...also, double-speed is nice for speeding up scouting in stealth mode.

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Thanks for the reply - yes indeed the D key is handy for that.  I actually meant that the default speed, where characters run about, is too fast for my liking.

The NPCs seem capable of walking, but my PCs do not. I'd like the ability to have them walk like NPCs seem to be able to do.

Thanks

• Like 2

Such a simple thing that neither PoE or WL2 get.What I mean by these devs just not getting it......in WL2 they give you option to walk inside of options screen.So you set to walk and then find that you want the characters to run in certain areas which means you must go back into options.Does it really take that much extra dev time to make this ability to toggle in game?

Edited by wolfstriked

Ah, I misunderstood...while I wouldn't use walk mode, it does feel kind of odd charging around town when everyone else is strolling leisurely. So I can appreciate the request. Not sure if this would require a host of new character animations.

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

don’t play the PoE beta, but perhaps it would have had been better setting walk as the standard movement, with the running only be available if you double-click for fast travel option from one corner of an already explored area to another corner of the map. So running only be available for travel movement like clicking on a fast-travel icon on the map. The walk could have two speeds, one (faster) for usual combat and one (slower) for stealth and no need for slow-motion (slow-motion would be cool though when recapping/reviewing a big fight you just won).