Stronghold options

For defense of the stronghold will we be able to place traps outside the walls. What defense's will be available, are there cannons?

Will the stronghold be able to have secret passages. Does anyone have other questions?

Under a black flab we compile.

My main question comes in regards to maintenance. Once we biuld it are we going to have to regularly pay fees to keep it in repair? Or monitor staff? Or feed soldiers? If so, how much player input will be needed or is it more or less automatically deducted from player resources?

Id like to know what happens when you successfully torture a captured NPC.

You probably get XP.

"Select target for Torture skill."... *click*

"Torture successful! +100XP!"

In all seriousness, though, I too would like to know how that affects things in the game. And/or what happens if you say "I COULD'VE tortured the crap out of you, and no one would've known. But I didn't."

Too often, not-doing something never gets you anything or changes anything.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

My question is what sense does it make that you can own a stronghold. Whats the political and legal framework in the game behind that and how much does the stronghold cost compared to a longsword and can you sell it and invest the money elsewhere?

^In case you haven't read the Stronghold update, you can see it here.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Stronghold they have been updating.

There are also guest hirelings and visitors who have much more dramatic effects on the stronghold's Security and Prestige so Dr Frankenstein  coulf be a soul researcher visting:)

My question is what sense does it make that you can own a stronghold. Whats the political and legal framework in the game behind that and how much does the stronghold cost compared to a longsword and can you sell it and invest the money elsewhere?

You can begin collecting taxes from your populace as soon as you gain the stronghold.

Special offers – Sometimes visitors to your stronghold will have rare items for sale, or perhaps they will offer you items in return for something else(ransom prisoner).

Under a black flab we compile.

You can begin collecting taxes from your populace as soon as you gain the stronghold.

Special offers – Sometimes visitors to your stronghold will have rare items for sale, or perhaps they will offer you items in return for something else(ransom prisoner).

^In case you haven't read the Stronghold update, you can see it here.

This did not answer my question. This answered the question what does it mean for me to own a stronghold. What I want to know is, what does it mean for everyone else living in Pillars of Eternitys gameworld that I own a stronghold? Obviously since you are just 1 person in that world, what it means to everyone else is far more significant.

Edited by Sheikh

My main question comes in regards to maintenance. Once we biuld it are we going to have to regularly pay fees to keep it in repair? Or monitor staff? Or feed soldiers? If so, how much player input will be needed or is it more or less automatically deducted from player resources?

I hope maintenance costs get automatically deducted from tax income and you'll get warned when the costs get larger than the income.

And that, if you do have to pay out of pocket, you can just 'donate' a large amount of money to a treasury so you won't have to worry about, say, the next ten payments.