[333] My Beloved Druid Shell Maiden

"She's unstoppable! How can she kill our brethren with such ease?"

Oops! Wrong game.

Anyhow, I have already worked out a simple tactic that is working more than fine in PoE BB 333. In fact, it can't be stopped, at least not on the two outdoor maps.

Well, I decided to try a druid this time.

I called her Creepa, and she was a fast-healing, almost regenerating Nature Godlike.

She transforms into a huge cat when angry.

Nothing strange about that. Well, I maxed accuracy and might, and then I added some talents to add resistances and damage to her.

Finally, my eye caught a fantastic 3rd level spell: Shell Beetle.

K6kF7r.jpg

Look at the stats! It last 30 seconds, so in her shapeshift form she can then cast it and get stuff like +1,000 Accuracy, and become virtually invulnerable.

My tactics? Let Creepa the Shell Maiden run up on the fron line alone and put all the best of tanks to shame! The rest of my party gets to go range on the baddies, back stab, and even better boost or even cast AoE spells over her - since she's almost invulnerable in her 30 s shell.

w6Lg3Y.jpg

Merdeth and his gang not even 30 s later, all kaput.

ER5bbZ.jpg

More Ultimate Tank Tactics Druid Shell Maiden Style:

WQIPDE.jpg

3SxJAs.jpg

Right now, my Druid Shell Maiden is a beast in battle, with a chitin dome on top. :w00t:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Lord Vicious: Yeah, I know, otherwise I'd have reported it as a bug. You can cast it on baddies too. I tried it on one spider, and that poor arachnid was locked away from our battle until we had time for it, so it works both ways. It's a very handy spell, though. :)

Good thing is  - the shell appears instantly and it works every time, and it can be cast while shape-shifted, and you can cast spells while inside IIRC.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***