333 Quick Impressions Thread

Sensuki

Figured out one of the reasons why the Medreth fight is harder - THE MONK GUY

Yeah on path of the damned he does +100 damage if he gets a clean hit.

I have a video where he drops 3 of my characters in 3 shots :grin:

I think he activates some kind of ability.

Edited by Cubiq

Figured out one of the reasons why the Medreth fight is harder - THE MONK GUY

...I want that man's head. He has handed my backside to me far too many times this build!

Item comparisons are in :)

Finally! I was wondering when this was going to be implemented!

• Like 1

My Blind Journey through the Beta. Join my transgender Paladin as I struggle to get to grips with the game and its mechanics. Well, I never said my first journey into an isometric RPG would be smooth, now did I?

My Adventure through Baldur's Gate. Inspired by my play of PoE, I decide to pick up a much fabled game of the genre. Join Solana as I delve into this world of weird, wonderful and annoying people.

The Medreth fight is giving me issues (on Hard) but not because it's difficult or the Monk, but because the damn boar won't die!

Max out the fighter's deflection with shields and abilities and send him in (Def 70) to chat to Medreth, once he attacks then Druid drops tanglefoot, the mage drops grease (or what ever it's called) and the priest Interdicts the group who've all targeted the fighter.

The mage boosts his accuracy by 50 then drops a few fire balls while the Priest and Druid use seals or Gust to keep the enemies back if they try to change targets. AOE spells when the Mages Acc is 80+ and everyone is hobbled tends to clean things up nicely, unfortunately as the sacrificial pawn the fighter get's KO'd, still the enemies are all down so that should be the fight. Except the bloody boar pops back up again keeping the fight going and stopping the fighter from recovering. So kill the boar again (it doesn't attack just stands there), and again and again and combat just doesn't end because of the immortal boar...

Also the effects really do need to be worked on, can any one work out what's happening in this SS or how many enemies are still alive...

post-41355-0-85209900-1414337834_thumb.png

They've also got the shadows playing up as you can see, the shadow appears to be being rendered as a low saturation version of the character model with an offset, however the offset is incorrect depending on the angle and strength of the lighting leading to the low colour clone effect you see in the screen shot.

Spell FX are way too over the top. Chanter invocations even turn the screen dark ... whoever thought that was a cool idea needs a slap in the face tbh :p

I'm destroying Medreth as long as I have multiple melee characters.

• Like 3

vyxyqD7.jpg

Item comparisons are in :)

That's nice and all, but ideally, and especially for noobs and just for better feedback, each stat on the window for the unequipped item compared should have a green +2 or a red - X % next to it, so you see at a glance which stuff that gets affected. 

• Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

^what, more hand-holding?

Choosing between Might and Perception is just confusing and really bad design. I hope they make some kind of change to accuracy/hit system, because right now it sucks.

Edited by Seari

^what, more hand-holding?

No. More information clarity and better feedback, there is a difference. Having exclamation marks above quest givers head is hand-holding, but having a concise and nicely written journal is info clarity and good feedback. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I don't know about everyone else, but I would find the aforementioned feedback really annoying.

I and others requested the feature because it's handy for comparing items on the fly. The IE game mouse over scroll only showed the item name. The stock PE one showed some basic stats of the item. May as well go all the way and compare them to equipped as well like most ARPG games do these days.

You can still right click inspect.

• Like 2

What I meant is that I don't want the game to tell me which item is better. I'm fine with how it is in the beta, as long as the game doesn't show which item gives more +% or whatever.

edit:

That's nice and all, but ideally, and especially for noobs and just for better feedback, each stat on the window for the unequipped item compared should have a green +2 or a red - X % next to it, so you see at a glance which stuff that gets affected.

This is what I was referring to.

Edited by Seari
  • Like 1

Continuing from my previous post with the critter locations on each map, I give you the Lle a Rhemen ruins beneath Stormwall Gorge.

You can kill the two Shades and four Spectres in the room to the NW of your starting location and then go down to the room (with the 6 spectres) and draw two Spectres out to complete your bestiary page. You don't need to kill the other 4 in the room as they yield no more xp and the loot is trash. And the A.I. is exploitable in the 6 Spectre room in drawing two out.

The Cean Gwla will summon a Shadow and her summons doesn't appear in your bestiary. Presumably Shadows will be added at a later date as the Pwgra's Rain/Earth/Flame/Wind Blight summons (from the other maps) are in the Bestiary.

gj7skNk.jpg

There's also an exploit with the bottom of the map with receiving xp, bestiary pages and a special ingredient. :)

Major spoilers.

Exploit with Nidrek and his spiders. You can have them all go fight each other in one big royal rumble and they'll all kill each other without you lifting a finger against them. There will be one Crystal Eater Spiderling left for you to kill though and he's no trouble at all. You get the xp rewards, the bestiary pages and it will also show enemies defeated added to the totals - as if you killed them. You also get Nidrek's Vithrack Brain which will go into your ingredients stash.

najBOfq.jpg

89cERGW.jpg

yXjrmC8.jpg

There's a lot of new changes I don't like - such as Talents that heal health ... WAT. Why even have the Health system in the first place ?

I havent played the last two builds but Health, like actual Health, or Stamina?

Sweet baby jebus let it be Health.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your follow-up responses. WoooooooHooooooo! I hope every class has that!

• Like 1