333 Quick Impressions Thread

Sensuki

+ Icewind Dale style loading screens (although not quite as good) rendered from in game 3D level

codex_is_for.png

I liked those too.:)

I also liked the level 1 talents they added for fighters. Being able to choose to reduce armor penalty was cool.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It's not level 1 talents - you choose your Level 1 starting ability

• Selection circles are thinner, and look much, much better - more like the IE games

• Starting Formation is now much close by default - good

• The area/character sharpness filter looks like it's been reverted to the v278 version, or something close to it. Would have to take screenshots to compare.
Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Is it just my machine or has performance/load times taken a bit of a hit in this build?

EDIT: I dig the new loading screens too but I think they need to put a background behind the tips to make them readable on some backgrounds. Also the ability to just keep levelling up characters until they're done is a neat new feature (albeit one the probably won't get much use in the final product).

Edited by MasterPrudent

It's a temporary icon.

There's a lot of new changes I don't like - such as Talents that heal health ... WAT. Why even have the Health system in the first place ?

Don't really like the new way that skills are gained, even though it's good that the focus on skill point assignment is taken away from the leveling up phase.

Edited by Sensuki

Ugly green filter when hovering over character model still there.

Enormous NPC backer icon still there along with yellow nameplate. I am usually the last person to use the word immersion but holy lol these have to go or at least make it a toggle.

Pathing is still complete garbage, most apparent when right clicking and pivoting the party.

Performance is worse, micro stuttering in combat.

Looks a bit sharper I guess?

Disappointing overall. Outside of cosmetic changes (ability icons, targeting indicators) doesn't feel like meaningful  progress is being made. Combat is still too fast and chaotic. When is that getting a pass?

• Like 1

There's a lot of new changes I don't like - such as Talents that heal health ... WAT

Seriously? Which class has this talent?

On a side note. tested the engagement mechanic.

Still no safe zone, you get hit by a disengagement attack the moment you move.

Also the enemy just managed to perform a knockdown attack on a disengagement attack. How does that even work??

The difficulty is now back, although there seems to be some very strange bugs where characters get stuck in strange animation loops and stand up and fall down on the spot, rather than doing what they are told, almost like they're falling through the navmesh and it cancels their actions ... weird

Seriously? Which class has this talent?

The Chanter has two abilities right down the bottom, I haven't checked if they are universal yet. One is a big self-health heal, the other is a small health heal for anyone.

However I'm not sure how to use the ability as it does not appear in my action bar.

Edited by Sensuki

Quite a lot of changes in this update.

I said I was going to give this update a miss but the bestiary kill xp piqued my curiosity and how it was going to be implemented. I've made a bestiary kill xp chart highlighting all the enemies on each map, where they are, the amounts you receive and the most optimal routes in getting the Cyclopaedia pages. Interesting.

Also, character creation, skills, level up, talents, .... hmm.   :shifty:  o:)

Is anyone else having issues with some of the modal abilities? Now it seems like you have to re-enable them at the start of combat every time, and for some reason they are turned off sometimes. I enabled my Paladin and Fighter modals at the start of combat, but they turned off moments later, and it keeps happening.

Beetle placement in the Dyrford Crossing seems much better now, large groups hiding off to the sides - good stuff.

Yeah, although the A.I. is still exploitable as shown below.

Also, there seems to be a bit of a traffic jam with crossing the river. You can lure the beetles near the statue back onto the crossing with your BB Fighter and take them on one at a time while the rest of the beetles have to wait behind in a line. And your wizard can go to town throwing fireballs killing the ones at the back.

R5sLLmX.jpg

mhUzxIE.jpg

Are you finding that Stone and Adra beetles have more Stamina / Health ? 

The health dot display is bugged (they should change that to a health bar tbh), but they're not dying anywhere near as quick now. I also find I'm not doing as much Arbalest damage.