Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

You don't understand, he's also French. Weep with him brethren, cry bitter salt tears and rend thy clothes.

Edit: I'm awful, sorry.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

ph3qZjf.png

Okay I'm following this drama only barely, so who's this guy and what's his role? I've looked up his twitter and the only thing I've been able to confirm is that he has some form of personality disorder or a mental illness or somesuch.

ph3qZjf.png

Okay I'm following this drama only barely, so who's this guy and what's his role? I've looked up his twitter and the only thing I've been able to confirm is that he has some form of personality disorder or a mental illness or somesuch.

An editor at Mother Jones. Essentially he is just some **** who likes to throw his poop at people.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Another day another failed hashtag attempt:https://archive.today/WaXgK

No games for one whole day! Such a task must take an incredible amount of willpower.
It's *online* games. Also, count me out of it. I am still addicted to Dark Souls 2 and I like to coop the bosses with other players after a hard workday that has me out of the house for 12 hours. I need my chillaxing in the evening at the moment and I'll do it with playin' all em geams, yo. :> #IdontCareBoutYerAllIssues

Dude, that's even weaker. I'm wondering how much of an impact it will have, as I assume we will see less tragic due to Halloween hangovers anyway.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What a load of ****. Nobody's coming to take away his video games. I support GamerGate, but that's just overdramatic nonsense. That's not even on the table. The mythical "SJW" doesn't have that power, that's why they rely on journalism to spread misinformation and push anvilicious, moralizing games. The fact that most reviewers still give GTA games super high ratings shows exactly how powerless they are against the capitalist machine. Leigh Alexander may be holding a megaphone, but if she takes on the Steam train she'll get just as splattered over the track as the guy who doesn't.

She is not holding a megaphone, she is a megaphone.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

ph3qZjf.png

An editor at Mother Jones. Essentially he is just some **** who likes to throw his poop at people.

I get the sense these morons think by such Tweets they've joined some cool club, and they'll garner the adoration of females. Manginas, yes, that's the term I'm looking for.

• Like 1

Not even that. It saw a hot button issue where it could offend people for some easy publicity. It's a scavenger. A subhuman creature. :lol:

What a load of ****. Nobody's coming to take away his video games. I support GamerGate, but that's just overdramatic nonsense. That's not even on the table. The mythical "SJW" doesn't have that power, that's why they rely on journalism to spread misinformation and push anvilicious, moralizing games. The fact that most reviewers still give GTA games super high ratings shows exactly how powerless they are against the capitalist machine. Leigh Alexander may be holding a megaphone, but if she takes on the Steam train she'll get just as splattered over the track as the guy who doesn't.

She is not holding a megaphone, she is a megaphone.

I know what she said and considering it is completely stupid I've elected to restructure it. She is not an object, as much as she literally objectifies herself. Don't see me saying "I am a candle" do you? I can't believe someone who will say that can hold a job as a writer. It must be easier than I thought.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Another day another failed hashtag attempt:

https://archive.today/WaXgK

We now go live to the TF2 community for their immediate reaction to this breaking news:

ph3qZjf.png

I get the sense these morons think by such Tweets they've joined some cool club, and they'll garner the adoration of females. Manginas, yes, that's the term I'm looking for.

I hate to throw my hometown under the bus like this, but iirc Mother Jones is stationed in San Francisco. Can't deny that this train of thought does seem to be based in and around the Bay Area.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

On the tech industry in the Bay Area and subsequent culture clash. http://www.npr.org/series/251652256/income-inequality-in-the-san-francisco-bay-area

At the risk of generalizing, it seems a certain mindset has become prevalent there. Sam Biddle is mentioned as well. He's been dribbling verbal diarrhea for some time.

Edited by licketysplit

Another day another failed hashtag attempt:

https://archive.today/WaXgK

I really don't understand people. Well ok, not like I ever did, but we live in the present.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On the tech industry in the Bay Area and subsequent culture clash. http://www.npr.org/series/251652256/income-inequality-in-the-san-francisco-bay-area

At the risk of generalizing, it seems a certain mindset has become prevalent there. Sam Biddle is mentioned as well. He's been dribbling verbal diarrhea for some time.

Well I haven't been back to SF in a long time, but the SF I left was a highly diverse little city and that's what made it so beautiful. It houses every kind of thought, every kind of person and every kind of political stance. SF has super high rates of both homosexual and disabled citizens, which is kinda cool because it means those two receive representation they simply won't realistically achieve anywhere else.

But when you include everyone, you include EVERYONE. Unfortunately that means these people too...

On a side note, I will be playing TF2 tomorrow in celebration of their "protest," and I will be playing it with a French Canadian girl I know with an outrageous french accent who happens to have DD boobs of justice. No, I'm not making this up, and that's what makes it so awesome. :p

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Check this **** out:

https://twitter.com/davidpakmanshow/status/528238603487682560

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/528228545588654080

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/status/528247803995488257

GEE I WONDER WHY THEY'RE NOT SAYING YES GUIS THIS IS PRETTY ODD I WONDER WUT IT CULD MEEN???

Check this **** out:

https://twitter.com/davidpakmanshow/status/528238603487682560

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/528228545588654080

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/status/528247803995488257

GEE I WONDER WHY THEY'RE NOT SAYING YES GUIS THIS IS PRETTY ODD I WONDER WUT IT CULD MEEN???

I think it says a lot when they refuse to take tough questions while Milo, TB, and Jennie were more than able to and felt fine answering them. Edited by KaineParker

I think it says a lot when they refuse to take tough questions while Milo, TB, and Jennie were more than able to and felt fine answering them.

Maybe they just don't wanna go because it would involve combing their hair.

I'll be here all week, folks.

I think it says a lot when they refuse to take tough questions while Milo, TB, and Jennie were more than able to and felt fine answering them.

Maybe they just don't wanna go because it would involve combing their hair.

I'll be here all week, folks.

I think you would need more than a comb to fix that monstrosity.

More seriously, I think that acknowledging the people they've demonized have legitimate concerns and that they haven't been ethical would be too embarrassing for our self-appointed moral guardians. Their current tactics of poopflinging behind impenetrable walls of ignorance is working in the sense that they don't have to acknowledge any wrongdoing on their part, but is making them look more like **** to observers who look more than 5 minutes. Unfortunately for them, starving the beast tactics employed by GG may result in them being unable to stay in the ignorance fort.

I'm so tired of this. Whenever they actually have to talk to anyone, they either pass or claim it's a hit piece. Come on.

Because with a reasonable host, they'll lose the debate. 

I don't see where I asked why. I know exactly why, because they're intellectually dishonest cowards who are so insecure in their opinions that they don't want to risk anyone forcing them to actually think about it. That doesn't make it any less frustrating.

• Like 2

I had a video pop up in my recommended videos just now.

It's titled "cultural marxism: a CIS story" and involves an overweight woman who is completely topless arguing with a butch lesbian about privileges and stuff because - and don't quote me on this because much of the "discussion" is more of a screaming match with the two yelling and accusing each other of needing to stop marginalizing each other's opinions and other weird ****ing terms I'm unfamiliar with - but I think it's about how the lesbian was upset because there was some women's meeting to discuss issues effecting women or whatever and transgender women were protesting that they were not allowed at said meeting, and the argument involves the lesbian arguing with the topless lady (and a couple other flaming gay dudes) about whether this is discrimination or whether the transgender women simply do not belong with such a meeting.

This is the best circus I've ever seen.

Pretty sure that the hair has become aware.

I'm a poet and didn't know it.

That rhyme should be a crime.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1