Pranksters troll food experts with "Organic" McDonalds

Oerwinde

http://www.kitchendaily.ca/read/watch-food-experts-pranked-with-organic-mcdonalds/

The video is in dutch, but there is subtitles. A couple of guys get some McDonalds, take it to a food expo, and dress it up as all natural organic blah blah blah. People who talk smack about how gross McDonalds is proceed to gush about how awesome it is.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Organic food is like a religion to some people. I've actually met people who act all high and mighty about eating organic food. They think, "It's natural; so it's better for the Earth." I try to explain how organic farming is horrible for the environment, but they don't really care.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Organic food is like a religion to some people. I've actually met people who act all high and mighty about eating organic food. They think, "It's natural; so it's better for the Earth." I try to explain how organic farming is horrible for the environment, but they don't really care.

I'm aware that organic farming takes up way more space and has no clear benefits besides feeding bugs and not poisoning bugs, but how is it horrible for the environment outside that?

I'm aware that organic farming takes up way more space and has no clear benefits besides feeding bugs and not poisoning bugs, but how is it horrible for the environment outside that?

Organic fertilizer and more water consumption.

Organic fertilizer comes from cattle; like cows. Oh, and composts and junk.

Cows are a major source of Global Warming.

Here are some other reasons.

http://www.science20.com/agricultural_realism/six_reasons_organic_not_most_environmentally_friendly_way_farm-110209

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Was it Penn & Teller whom had a young lady attend a "Green Earth" convention, asking participants to sign a petition against the chemical DiHydrogen Monoxide, and gained thousands of signatures. Strange how followers of fashionable causes turn off their minds when trying to indoctrinate themselves fully to their chosen cause.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Was it Penn & Teller whom had a young lady attend a "Green Earth" convention, asking participants to sign a petition against the chemical DiHydrogen Monoxide, and gained thousands of signatures. Strange how followers of fashionable causes turn off their minds when trying to indoctrinate themselves fully to their chosen cause.

Sounds like them.

It was, one of the funniest episodes of that show imo.

Organic fertilizer and more water consumption.

Organic fertilizer comes from cattle; like cows. Oh, and composts and junk.

Cows are a major source of Global Warming.

Here are some other reasons.

http://www.science20.com/agricultural_realism/six_reasons_organic_not_most_environmentally_friendly_way_farm-110209

Fertilizer isn't bad. You're gonna have cows for the meat industry anyway, methane is useful to the industry in general and compost is the best fertilizer and 100% good for the enviroment.

As someone who lives in an area where industry hasn't ruined everything and someone who has eaten food made from home-grown, natural produce, I can say that stuff from the marketplace has far less taste.

Heck, an aquaintance came to visit after 20 years in the US and gorged himself on the food here, saying there is no comparison.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Is it possible to have organic food now? As far as i'm aware we've been breeding and altering crops since agriculture began haven't we?

I mean as a child I loved gorging myself in the local farmers strawberry fields as much as any other child, not so much the beating when caught. Still i'm pretty sure that originally strawberry's were nothing like what we have today, farmers chose and bred specific genetically more attractive specimens and abandoned those that exhibited less attractive qualities. So that they could ensure a better harvest that was not so affected by the weather and functioned better in the environment, with of course proper fetilisation.

I may be wrong however, I freely admit i'm not an expert on agriculture.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Organic refers more to not using lab manipulated species and growing without chemical pesticides as far as I know. With selective breeding its still 100% plant, GMOs have like fish DNA and such. Not saying that's necessarily bad, as far as I know the only real difference between GMOs and Organic foods nutritionally is the lack of pesticide residue on organic food, and some organic ffruits do taste better, but I think its more that larger fruits don't taste as good as smaller ones, and GMOs tend to be larger

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Great, now if only McDonald's could hire those chef to train their every cook then I would have a greasy under cooked piece of plastic instead of a burger. And put  back the horse meat, that **** is delicious.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Great, now if only McDonald's could hire those chef to train their every cook then I would have a greasy under cooked piece of plastic instead of a burger. And put  back the horse meat, that **** is delicious.

I've never had horse meat, but I would like to eat 1 of every animal eventually.

• Like 1

I've never had horse meat, but I would like to eat 1 of every animal eventually.

Is really good, like a steak but with more flavor and a rougher texture. Is all muscle with little fat...damn it now I want horse again.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Organic refers more to not using lab manipulated species and growing without chemical pesticides as far as I know. With selective breeding its still 100% plant, GMOs have like fish DNA and such. Not saying that's necessarily bad, as far as I know the only real difference between GMOs and Organic foods nutritionally is the lack of pesticide residue on organic food, and some organic ffruits do taste better, but I think its more that larger fruits don't taste as good as smaller ones, and GMOs tend to be larger

Typically a tree with fewer, smaller fruit has fruit that taste better. It's particularly apparent with grapes, as low yield years tend to have best quality wines while bumper crops yield large amounts of lower quality wine.

As with most things the benefits of Organic produce really depends upon how they are produced- typically they still have a lot of the bad inputs of non organic stuff like reliance on fossil fuelled tractors and some of the organic chemicals used are pretty unpleasant even if they are 'natural' (an arbitrary distinction, copper based sprays are not really natural and not very good for the environment, but most organic schedules allow them).

On the other hand GMOs especially have some extremely dodgy PR claims as well. Roundup Ready crops, quite apart from locking farmers into cripplingly restrictive contracts to keep Monsanto's trademarked (but not longer patented) glyphosate herbicide relevant and make it extremely difficult to escape from Monsanto once signed, claim to lower the need for herbicides. Well, no, if you can freely spray a crop with herbicide that doesn't kill them but kills weeds you do so, if spraying will kill your crops as well you don't. With non roundup redy crops you can only spray once, with roundup ready you can drown them in roundup if you so desire.

(Somewhat peripherally, cows themselves are not really significant contributors to greenhouse gasses. They produce methane which is very effective as one, but is also unstable and does not accumulate. Their food, of course, comes from crops which are made primarily from... atmospheric CO2 so breakdown products of that are carbon neutral at worst, only transport costs and the like aren't)

• Like 1

I genuinely like organic red wine. It tends to be much beefier. But I have yet to find a good organic coffee.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I genuinely like organic red wine. It tends to be much beefier. But I have yet to find a good organic coffee.

One day I'll bring you a cup of good Cuban coffee.

village_idiot.gif

One day I'll bring you a cup of good Cuban coffee.

Cuban coffee is pretty nasty.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

To be fair, he specifically mentions that he doesn't get the outrage over genetically modifying foods through selective breeding, vs. those modified in a lab. He is a proponent of applied scientific research and sees modern food science as the next step up from Gregor Mendel.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You have, I assure you, unless you are a vegetarian. Even in Europe, where food regulations are harsher than in the US, a pretty large percentage of meat packaged as beef was horse meat, mostly from old neigh-sayers that were lying dumped along Romanian roads like road kill.

Oh, and all food is organic. I've always thought that this term is so misrepresentative.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***