Next Backer Patch 10/22/2014

BAdler

Hey, everyone. We are still working on the next patch. There is a weird problem with the build right now where load times have gotten much worse. The programmers are on it and we are hoping to release the patch sometime this week.

• Like 11

Thanks for the update!

In the future it would be nice to see a weekly status blurb. A little post goes a long way toward appeasing us, your voracious fans.

Edited by PrimeHydra
  • Like 5

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Hey, everyone. We are still working on the next patch. There is a weird problem with the build right now where load times have gotten much worse. The programmers are on it and we are hoping to release the patch sometime this week.

I hope you're able to locate and iron out that bug quickly, cause I'm really excited to see the progress the game has made this past month.

Anything I could do to help your programmers with their work? Praying to a god of their choice? Wishing on a star? Screaming at them in german?

• Like 3

I hope you're able to locate and iron out that bug quickly, cause I'm really excited to see the progress the game has made this past month.

Anything I could do to help your programmers with their work? Praying to a god of their choice? Wishing on a star? Screaming at them in german?

I discovered today the power of sport beans in boosting productivity. I was coding like Cornholio all morning.

That's right, eating jelly beans is now an athletic activity!

• Like 1

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Thanks for the update!

In the future it would be nice to see a weekly status blurb. A little post goes a long way toward appeasing us, your voracious fans.

This isn't a bad idea. I will try to do a better job of posting build status updates for you fine folks.

• Like 23

Maybe burn some incense and sacrifice a goat?  Hell, if sacrificing the goat doesn't appeal to their pagan faith, nothing will.  ...And we can always say, "you don't want to end up like the goat, do you?  I'd hurry if I were you!"

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yep, although I'm sure they can CLUAConsole:CreateItem("") some Freedom scrolls for themselves once they've finished their work :p

Yeah, but only once per rest. MAKE IT COUNT!

Thanks for the update!

This isn't a bad idea. I will try to do a better job of posting build status updates for you fine folks.

Yeah, we're well aware you guys are extremely busy, but we don't even need any amount of elaboration or fancy full-fledged choreographed and polished update or anything. Just a little "Hey guys, It's What's New Wednesday!, and here's What's New!:

Loading taking too long. Stop. Toiling diligently. Stop. New build out ASAP."

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Talking of updates.
I love how you are answering to every post in the bugs support forum, and I believe it's an incentive to beta testers.

Still, a small suggestion. A colored dot (or a color blind friendly symbol) near the thread title could tell the readers the status of the issue (e.g. green=reported, red=need extra data, yellow=wtf why would you do that).

• Like 5

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Thank you for the update. I also want to extend my compliments and Obsidian's decision to extend development. I am in agreement that it was the right choice. I'm happy to see that Obsidian understands the gravity of this product and have committed even further.

I'd also like to say that while I may be among those that disproportionately extend critical skepticism, that I do enjoy the game even in its current incarnation. Every update has been a significant improvement, and I have no reason to expect anything else from your company (that's why I backed). You guys are forging the keel of a gaming renaissance! Hats off to you!

"This week" is about to end. Hint, hint, it's time for another update, good, bad or indifferent. ;)

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

"This week" is about to end. Hint, hint, it's time for another update, good, bad or indifferent. ;)

I think one update a week is probably fine. I mean, if they hoped to release it this week, but failed to, then obviously it's going to be not-this-week. And they're not going to spontaneously release it without an update. The lack of further update defaultly means "we're still working on it."

And I'd hate to see it come down to daily "Okay guys, we're hoping it's today!"/"Hmmm, all right, it's not going to be today, but we're hoping it's tomorrow!" pairs of updates. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think one update a week is probably fine. I mean, if they hoped to release it this week, but failed to, then obviously it's going to be not-this-week. And they're not going to spontaneously release it without an update. The lack of further update defaultly means "we're still working on it."

And I'd hate to see it come down to daily "Okay guys, we're hoping it's today!"/"Hmmm, all right, it's not going to be today, but we're hoping it's tomorrow!" pairs of updates. :)

The update should have been something along the lines of "we're still working through issues and won't meet our goal of releasing by the end of the week. We'll have more to share next week."

Sure, by not communicating anything at all, we figure it out. Silence is certainly a way to communicate, but it's not the kind that engenders good will from your fans.

But no big surprise. OE just isn't great at the whole communication thing. Happily, they're good at other things.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

The update should have been something along the lines of "we're still working through issues and won't meet our goal of releasing by the end of the week. We'll have more to share next week."

Sure, by not communicating anything at all, we figure it out. Silence is certainly a way to communicate, but it's not the kind that engenders good will from your fans.

But no big surprise. OE just isn't great at the whole communication thing. Happily, they're good at other things.

New update is now live. See we did make it in by the end of the week. ;)

• Like 1