Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

"*shrug* its been 4 years since ME2

there aren't that many RPGs around"

Lots of RPGs around so you don't have to play such a crappy game like DA3.

"Gaider isn't pushing  a homosexual agenda"

Yes, he is.  It doesn't bother me nor do the gay romances but don't make stuff up. Gaider most certainly has an agenda here. Let's be honest about it.

"You are missing something fundamental about the strategic business  direction that Bioware has now taken and  I can understand why you would miss this because you don't seem to follow SJ issues"

BIO has no 'strategic business direction. EA does. And, EA is anti SJ and efeminists. They aren't supporting your precious Gawker at this time. <>

Being pro equality is anti feminism and anti SJW.

TRUE STORY.

Back to DA3: Game is coming soon. Should be fun. Hiopefully, I'll finish it unlike ME3.

It should be pointed out that romances - gay, hetero, or otherwise - probably don't have as big an effect on the BIO bottom line as many think They play such a minor part of their games and the players/custiomers WHO MUST HAVE THEM avery likely a miniscual minority.

"Davin/Miria in Fallout 2. 

(Who were allso sophomoric and poorly written, for what it's worth.)"

Nah. They were written fine but they were such a throwaway part of the game it doesn't matter. The actual writing was fine.

"Temple of Elemental Evil is supposedly the first game to allow for a homosexual romance of sorts."

AS others have shown, that's not true. And, if it was, it could be argued that's why the game must have bombed. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"*

Yes, he is.  It doesn't bother me nor do the gay romances but don't make stuff up. Gaider most certainly has an agenda here. Let's be honest about it.

"You are missing something fundamental about the strategic business  direction that Bioware has now taken and  I can understand why you would miss this because you don't seem to follow SJ issues"

BIO has no 'strategic business direction. EA does. And, EA is anti SJ and efeminists. They aren't supporting your precious Gawker at this time. <>

Being pro equality is anti feminism and anti SJW.

TRUE STORY.

How exactly is he pushing a gay agenda, its not like you are confronted by homosexuality all over the game. Its only in Romance and one or two lines of dialogue that allude to it

Don't be afraid of gay people Volo, they are just like you and me. They aren't big monsters who are now  going to eat you just because there is some attention paid to them in Bioware games

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm not afraid of gay people. Don't put your hatefulness upon me. Did I not say it did not bother me. So, why are lying about stuff again?

Oh, yeah, you need to paint me as hatefully anti gay to make me appear to be your make believe monster of the white male gamer full of hate. But, heh, that's the SJW way. Make up lies to smear people's reputations. Good thing I don't have a reputation for you to smear  which your bold face blatant lies since I'm alreayd hated here. HAHAHAA!

But, claiming he doesn't have an agenda is just baloney. Gaider and his bosses have admitted to their agenda. Just a matter of fact. Nothing wrong with having an agenda either.

Nice try though. btw, Most gay people aren't like you. Most of them are as hateful, paranoid, and want all white people dead like you. They are good people. Your feminist SJW kin are not like that.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's illuminati...look at Inquisition logo, it's all seeing eye

Lets talk about the game for a change here?!!??!

After watching some more streams, the effects and camera that is way too close (in both tactical and standard) make the combat barely readable. Similar to how we complain PoE is at the moment.

At least there is no engagement mechanic and the gameplay involves both positioning, moving during combat and a bit of kiting from time to time.

I must add that I don't like it how each hit does damage (well this has been a problem from DAO) and battle management only comes down to reducing damage and rotating party cc abilities. That is boring MMO combat.

Normally I would not mention this but PoE is going to be using a similar system with its hit/graze system (with miss and critical playing a smaller role).

Edited by archangel979

Who doesn't talk about the game?

Like i mentioned, there was a change of policy in Bioware, that is why they become a bad company, with bad games and bad business practice. Most of us don't realize it becaue we thought BioWare now is BioWare before, it is not, it is a totally different company now after got infiltrated.

They have hidden agenda...I believe that is the real reason why 2 of their founder left...

DA:O is the last decent game the old BioWare made, after DA2, BioWare is just a shell...

And that he's part of said minority group is, coincidence? 

I'm not saying that there isn't a "good" business logic to it too.

Temple of Elemental Evil is supposedly the first game to allow for a homosexual romance of sorts.

the gay pirate? bio romances is terrible, but the biowarians ain't aiming to be insulting. the toee gay pirate were, at best, sophomoric. am suspecting that a troika developer lacking in maturity were angry 'bout having the toee brothel cut, so the gay pirate were added as a childish bit o' revenge 'gainst the publisher. is not as if we were particular offended by troika's efforts, but the gay pirate were not a well-written romance and it weren't funny neither.

as an aside, juhani were in kotor, yes? is our recollection that kotor were released a bit before toee.

HA! Good Fun!

Its possible that it was the first game where gay characters could get married (yet another pointless feature that amounted to nothing in the game itself). I read it in some article ages ago and my memory is fuzzy. The only reason I remember it in the first place is because of how silly it was and how out of place it seemed in a typical DnD romp.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

After watching some more streams, the effects and camera that is way too close (in both tactical and standard) make the combat barely readable. Similar to how we complain PoE is at the moment.

At least there is no engagement mechanic and the gameplay involves both positioning, moving during combat and a bit of kiting from time to time.

I must add that I don't like it how each hit does damage (well this has been a problem from DAO) and battle management only comes down to reducing damage and rotating party cc abilities. That is boring MMO combat.

Normally I would not mention this but PoE is going to be using a similar system with its hit/graze system (with miss and critical playing a smaller role).

Yes the endless ticking of the damage numbers in their hundreds is very much MMO style. And everything seems to take ages to die.

Temple of Elemental Evil is supposedly the first game to allow for a homosexual romance of sorts.

the gay pirate? bio romances is terrible, but the biowarians ain't aiming to be insulting. the toee gay pirate were, at best, sophomoric. am suspecting that a troika developer lacking in maturity were angry 'bout having the toee brothel cut, so the gay pirate were added as a childish bit o' revenge 'gainst the publisher. is not as if we were particular offended by troika's efforts, but the gay pirate were not a well-written romance and it weren't funny neither.

as an aside, juhani were in kotor, yes? is our recollection that kotor were released a bit before toee.

HA! Good Fun!

Its possible that it was the first game where gay characters could get married (yet another pointless feature that amounted to nothing in the game itself). I read it in some article ages ago and my memory is fuzzy. The only reason I remember it in the first place is because of how silly it was and how out of place it seemed in a typical DnD romp.

There was possibility to get married with same gender character for male and female characters in Fallout 2, but Temple of Elemental evil was first tittle under D&D license where it was possible.

EDIT: My first impression about DA:I after hour of gameplay is that game seems to be quite buggy at least on AMD's cards on PC and graphics can glitch so that you need to restart to game to continue. Performance is poorish, interface for PC is worst in series. Inventory system is absolute awful. Tactic view seem to be more joke than actually useful tool. Graphics are pretty when they work, although some reason character hairs shine like they are metal (although this don't necessary happen with all hardware as it don't exists in console version or Bioware's example streams for PC). Story seems to be typical epic Bioware story and npc's seems to have fun lines and good voice acting.

So for PC user I would recommend to wait patches and updated graphics drivers before buying it. 

Edited by Elerond

HA! Good Fun!

There was possibility to get married with same gender character for male and female characters in Fallout 2, but Temple of Elemental evil was first tittle under D&D license where it was possible.

trumpet-celebration-vector-238953.jpgtrumpet-celebration-vector-238953.jpg

...trumpet-celebration-vector-238953.jpgAchievement unlocked.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

This Frankenstein's monster of a game doesn't deserve a long review so I'll be extra quick.

Story? Calling it a brainfart is being generous (particularly because it’s a direct copypaste from TES4). Your choices from previous games? They don’t mean squat. Yeah, the Keep is just a form of copy protection and nothing else. But to be fair the choices you make in DAI don’t change anything either. Dialogues? Written by a bunch of illiterate morons. Combat system? Designed for consoles, ‘nuff said. Keyboard+mouse option was a last minute addition so on PC controls are awkward as hell. Graphics? They spent truckloads of money on it but most of the character models are nauseatingly ugly and animations are even worse. Performance? One word: stutter. Adding insult to injury on PC the game is encumbered with three different kinds of DRM - Origin, Denuva and the Keep - all at once.

They wanted to make Dragon Age: Skyrim and ended up with Dragon Age: Oblivion. And when I say "Oblivion" believe me I mean it. I hope Bethesda will sue them for such blatant plagiarism.

DAI is so terrible it makes ME3 look good. But the hype train of paid ads poorly disguised as "professional" reviews has been going at full speed for months so I'm sure they'll post record sales numbers soon enough.

EA never changes and Biobots never learn.

0/10

Better than skyrim. Great story, beautiful graphics, combat may feel a little old at first but you get used.

Skyrim is old and a cheap ass hack and slash game with a terrible story and looks like dog crap.

10/10

haha

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, the metacritic user reviews are polarizing to say the least. :D

This one is... different. He gave the game a 10 naturally. The comedy value is off the charts:

In my opinion, this is the best RPG in the modern gaming world. Excellent work, Bioware. Under the glorious enlightenment and guidance from EA, a game publisher with precise long-term vision in future game development, Bioware finally manages to make a RPG suitable for everyone, but not just a game accessible only to a minority of hardcore RPG players.

DA: Origins is an old-school and medicore game only appealing to a tiny market niche. DA II breaks the medicority, and introduces the popular mass effect decision tree and button-mashing mechanics, which attracts tons of Call Of Duty (COD) and action gamers around the world, contributing to its great success. However, it still suffers from a linear and small game world, and repetitive dungeons.

DA: Inquisition evolves from its predecessors by combining the best elements of 2 popular RPGs in modern era. It adopts the sandbox open world, lightweight RPG perspective and enormous fetch quest system from the highly praised Elder Scroll Skyrim, as well as the popular decision tree mechanism and the combat elements from another Bioware's master piece, Mass Effects 3.

By having a cohesive reasonance of 2 best elements from 2 outstanding RPGs, and adding tons of creative elements, this game simply becomes one larger than the sum of all parts. You have a large world to explore, tons of item collection and FedEx quests to play with, and the best button mashing mechanics to finish off your opponents. Skyrim and this game is great because they both remove the annoying character stat building mechanism. Stat is now only granted from equipment, how amazing and creative, isn't it? In addition, this game adopts the perfect RPG gaming style of Skyrim, i.e. explore first, just forget the plot, which removes player's frustration to recall memory about the main quest and story line. This is just like a great and sincere invitation to all COD fans and action gamers, as well as any potential causal gamers. It caters for the taste of all gamers around the world via greatly enhancing its accessibility. It is a master of everything rather than a jerk of all trade. This is a game for everyone!

You may worry about that the return of the old-school tactical view from the mediocre DA:Origins may ruin your fantastic game play experience. Don't worry about that, it is just implemented for those hardcore players for their happiness in pausing the game all the time, breaking the pace of combat. This game can be handled easily by controlling your own character only under an action game style. The tactics setting of companion is simplified to an user friendly level for further accessibility. In contrast to DA: Origins, you can’t set up some complicated tactics for your companions, but this is unnecessary anyway. Friendly fire is disabled by default, so just forget your companions, and let them either fight or fall. You can handle fights easily by charging upfront and having high reflex in right timing of attack, dodge and button mashing. You can enjoy a fluid flow of combat all the time!

Overall, by removing the complexity and annoyance from old-school RPG, adding the best elements from 2 most famous modern RPGs, and introducing an exciting button mashing combat mechanics to the game, this game has reached the highest height of RPGs that none in the world could ever reach. This is a milestone of RPG development, and should be referred to in future development of RPGs. Today is an important day that marks the beginning of revolution in RPG history! A new era of RPG has come! From now on, we can step forwards and forget about all classic RPGs in the old-school days. Everyone, express your praise and gratitude towards our beloved developers, and join us to have fun in this master piece of art now!

In case if there are expansions or sequels for this gift from god, which are highly probable considering how successful this game is, we really hope that first-person shooting mode, QTEs and the mechanism of climbing tower to reveal map can be implemented. This will further induces passion from every gamers, because these elements are universally regarded by every gamer as the best features that have ever existed in shooter and action games!

By the way, I am looking forwards to see at least 1000 DLCs for this game, because its scope is so huge, and with so much potential to further expand on. Don't keep us waiting, our wallets are ready! We hope that our beloved developers will listen to our suggestion and request, and release the DLCs and expansions ASAP for us. ;)Collapse

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

As somebody who knows very little about game engine mechanics, is there any chance that somebody will figure out and release a mod that lets you pull the camera back a bit further?  (I imagine that the DRM/anti-cheating measures are a complicating factor here, but that's as far as my expertise goes.)

This Frankenstein's monster of a game doesn't deserve a long review so I'll be extra quick.

Story? Calling it a brainfart is being generous (particularly because it’s a direct copypaste from TES4). Your choices from previous games? They don’t mean squat. Yeah, the Keep is just a form of copy protection and nothing else. But to be fair the choices you make in DAI don’t change anything either. Dialogues? Written by a bunch of illiterate morons. Combat system? Designed for consoles, ‘nuff said. Keyboard+mouse option was a last minute addition so on PC controls are awkward as hell. Graphics? They spent truckloads of money on it but most of the character models are nauseatingly ugly and animations are even worse. Performance? One word: stutter. Adding insult to injury on PC the game is encumbered with three different kinds of DRM - Origin, Denuva and the Keep - all at once.

They wanted to make Dragon Age: Skyrim and ended up with Dragon Age: Oblivion. And when I say "Oblivion" believe me I mean it. I hope Bethesda will sue them for such blatant plagiarism.

DAI is so terrible it makes ME3 look good. But the hype train of paid ads poorly disguised as "professional" reviews has been going at full speed for months so I'm sure they'll post record sales numbers soon enough.

EA never changes and Biobots never learn.

0/10

You probably should have prefaced that review with the following comment since they both come from the same person.  LOL

I never buy games that have DRM. Not for $60 anyway. Maybe later... someday when some kind of ultimate edition with all DLCs included is on sale for $10... maybe.

• Like 1

You probably should have prefaced that review with the following comment since they both come from the same person.  LOL

I wasn't born yesterday, mate, so I don't need to buy a game to rate it.

BTW Metacritic deleted my review. Nice, nice. I reposted it though. If they want to silence me they'll have to ban me. And they'll have to ban many others if they want to stifle the truth.

Edited by prodigydancer

So you don't have the game, but you're making reviews?

It's not about the game it's about sending a message.

By posting a non-review to a review site, knowing that it will likely be removed/banned? 

I guess if that's how you want to spend your day.  Vidyagames are SRS BZNS.

• Like 1