Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Who's the publisher anyways ?.  Don't tell me I need Origin. I don't know if it really merrits having more digital downloads stuff on my computer. I also don't know if it's going to retain any of the 'so bad it's good' of Origins. 

I think it's time for Leilana's song. Been a while. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-reviews/11221041/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-review.html

Instead, you can have a score of quests to carry out and the luxury of an open-ended time frame in which to achieve them; there’s little explicit consequence of your dallying and neither is there the potential for your behaviour to sculpt the shape of the Inquisition, outside of siding with one group or another. When the time finally does come for the Inquisition to wield its power and pass judgement over those that have wronged it you’re presented with a man whose most heinous crime is flinging goats at your keep. No, really.

0G5peLa.gif

Never change, BioWare.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Never change, BioWare.

The funny part is that they have changed. No wait... it's the sad part.

---

Oh, and the protagonist in DA:I is an amnesiac prisoner who gets released because only (s)he can close the gates of Oblivion. Now where have I seen this before?

Edited by prodigydancer

That's the first I've heard like that, but I actually really like the idea of standing judgement over a goat flinger.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can you romance the goats?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I been watching the streams a bit, and gameplay sucks. No tactics needed, especially with ranged characters. You just control one, spam autoattack and some spell on cooldown. No tactics or strategy except on deciding when to use healing potions LOL. Now I understand why they implemented this healing system as they understood the crappyiness of the game.

After crappy gameplay of ME3 I didn't know Bioware could do worse lol. At least you can equip your character unlike DA2. 

And I read how most quests are MMO style, I am not sure what is here to play. So far the game is not even worth pirating for me. 

And that protection will not survive long. People who break these protection don't do it to play games for free but as a challenge for their knowledge and intellect. And they are hell more motivated and have more time than people that create these protections. 

At best EA/Bioware will buy a few day and MAYBE get a bit more sales from people that would normally pirate the game but don't want to wait for crack.

"After skipping DA2 and ME3 I was wondering if they changed anything this time around. Why do you care?"

Why do you  are about why I care about you caring?

You go on and on how horrible BIO kis yet you are going to buy/play their game.  That is simple foolishness. Surely, there are other more fun and enjoyable games to play.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not terribad but it plays smoother with a controller imo

Tends to happen when the game is made for a controller, not to mention that the m+k was an afterthought.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Well, shoot.

This game is basically a much, much bigger and more complex Origins. The tactical camera is a lot more stable and it feels like it actually has weight. Assigning orders is a lot more fun when you can accurately see who you are setting up to be attacked by whom and with what. It's like Fantasy Clue. 

And the writing. Dear lord. Especially Sera. I thought Sera would be the worst character. She's amazing. She's incredibly spastic, which is honestly going to be the dealbreaker for a lot of people. 

Alas, my friend's Korean citizenship is up, as they do have Real World things they need to do before the actual USA launch tonight at 9pm.

But darn. Gosh darn.

Can you play the whole thing in tactical view?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"After skipping DA2 and ME3 I was wondering if they changed anything this time around. Why do you care?"

You go on and on how horrible BIO kis yet you are going to buy/play their game.  That is simple foolishness. Surely, there are other more fun and enjoyable games to play.

I knew True Blood was bad, but I couldn't stop watching it. Kinda the same thing.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Its likely that the negative review score embargo (deal with publisher to delay negative reviews) has been lifted. Two really negative reviews have appeared on metacritic today.

http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/11/dragon-age-inquisition-pc/

The other one is german

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/PC-CDROM/Test/32927/80791/0/Dragon_Age_Inquisition.html

I personally wouldn't call that first review "very negative". It seems a lot of the "issues" he brings up are things that are to be expected when trying to make a game with some sort of complex political system. I was personally more worried about the gamey quests some other people in this thread brought up than about the factions being too complex (I was more worried about them being DA2 style simplistic: here's two bad choices, now pick one!)

The slow starting narrative might be a bummer for a lot of people, but if the gameplay is engaging then biting through that shouldn't be too bad, at least for me.

All in all, judging by the reviews and the feedback I've seen DA:I is a decent game, not groundbreaking (but who realistically expected that?) but well enough executed. Sounds like somewhere in the B-range (which I interpret as being somewhere in the 80% range) is about right score-wise.

That said, it's not on my to-buy list simply because my backlog is already filled with quality RPGs (WL, D:OS soon The Witcher 3), but I'll definitely be picking this up either when my backlog gets reduced to a reasonable size or whenever there's a reasonable sale (whichever occurs first), as a bonus it'll have the most pressing issues resolved by then.

Edited by marelooke

Oh, and Twitch totally banned me.

?? 

Why?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*shrug* its been 4 years since ME2

there aren't that many RPGs around

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

That's the first I've heard like that, but I actually really like the idea of standing judgement over a goat flinger.

Game would be better if the player character had the option of flinging goats, instead of being a victim of said crime.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I guess having a fling with a goat has already been covered by Arcanum, so that option is out

The way Gaider blatantly pushes for homosexual romances because he himself is one pretty much tells me the extent of their political sophistication. 

You are missing something fundamental about the strategic business  direction that Bioware has now taken and  I can understand why you would miss this because you don't seem to follow SJ issues

Gaider isn't pushing  a homosexual agenda , he is simply including certain minority groups in some gameplay components that previously they wouldn't have been able to identify with

I believe Bioware was the first mainstream development company to offer Romance outside of the normal heterosexual type and it was a watershed moment, I truly salute Bioware for taking this risk. 10 years ago this type of implementation may have backfired on them.

Its a brave new  world of inclusivity but I will say there are definitely extremist elements in the SJ movement. But I distance myself from them :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And that he's part of said minority group is, coincidence? 

I'm not saying that there isn't a "good" business logic to it too.

Temple of Elemental Evil is supposedly the first game to allow for a homosexual romance of sorts.

Temple of Elemental Evil is supposedly the first game to allow for a homosexual romance of sorts.

the gay pirate? bio romances is terrible, but the biowarians ain't aiming to be insulting. the toee gay pirate were, at best, sophomoric. am suspecting that a troika developer lacking in maturity were angry 'bout having the toee brothel cut, so the gay pirate were added as a childish bit o' revenge 'gainst the publisher. is not as if we were particular offended by troika's efforts, but the gay pirate were not a well-written romance and it weren't funny neither.

as an aside, juhani were in kotor, yes? is our recollection that kotor were released a bit before toee.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just out of curiosity, is there any sort of lore explanation given as to why mages can't heal anymore, or do they just ignore it? I might be able to forgive it if there's a lore reason (like, say, all the Fade craziness is causing magic to misbehave, so it's not safe to cast healing, and basically every mage is a D&D-style wild mage now), but if it's just for gameplay reasons with no explanation, that's not really acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

the gay pirate? bio romances is terrible, but the biowarians ain't aiming to be insulting. the toee gay pirate were, at best, sophomoric. am suspecting that a troika developer lacking in maturity were angry 'bout having the toee brothel cut, so the gay pirate were added as a childish bit o' revenge 'gainst the publisher. is not as if we were particular offended by troika's efforts, but the gay pirate were not a well-written romance and it weren't funny neither.

as an aside, juhani were in kotor, yes? is our recollection that kotor were released a bit before toee.

HA! Good Fun!

Davin/Miria in Fallout 2. 

(Who were allso sophomoric and poorly written, for what it's worth.)