Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I tried to read the thread, but i can only find Qistina raging and people raging back, so i have to ask directly instead: What's the score of this baby? better than DA2? better encounter design(no enemies jumping out of thin air), an ending more than having to kill every one in a different order? Does it need a special edition ending? So many questions...

Consensus is better than DA2, but you'll be forgiven for still being wary.

There's not much known about the ending and I hear it's, at best, okay. 

Cool. I am currently enjoying Divinity: Original Sin so maybe it will be patched up and great by christmas.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Most people don't realize what is the issue actually when playing DA2...the real issue is about immigration and the problem caused by it. You guys know that DA2 original title is "Exodus"? They changed it later (become just Dragon Age 2)...

"Exodus" means moved from one place to another, migrate or immigration, historically it was Jews who migrate from Egypt to Philistine and take over that place become Judea.

Why they remove that title? Because it is obvious

To add, one of the achievement is "Mass Exodus"

Edited by Qistina

"I see..."

No.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Apparently its a new DRM by the same people that made SecuROM. I guess that makes it a bargain bin purchase. A pity

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Apparently its a new DRM by the same people that made SecuROM. I guess that makes it a bargain bin purchase. A pity

Denuvo is it's name, funny thing is that the console versions of the game were out for download 2 days ago.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Streaming. Spoilers, obvs. Link in sig.

For those of us who'd avoid spoilers: is it any good?

Full disclosure: I liked DA2, was extremely displeased with DA1, am generally willing to overlook gameplay issues, but am sick to the death of "save the world" narratives.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Denuvo is it's name, funny thing is that the console versions of the game were out for download 2 days ago.

Denuvo is not the DRM on the game, it's the anti-cheat.

The DRM is Origin.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Manufacturer info

What is the Denuvo Anti-Tamper solution?

Denuvo Anti-Tamper technology prevents the debugging, reverse engineering and changing of executable files to strengthen the security of games. It is not a DRM solution, but rather, Denuvo Anti-tamper protects DRM solutions, such as Origin Online Access or the Steam license management system, from being circumvented.

What is the difference between DRM and Anti-Tamper?

A Digital Rights Management (DRM) system binds the game to a legitimate user account and allows the game to be played whenever and wherever the consumer wants to download and execute the game.

Anti-Tamper stops the reverse engineering and debugging of the DRM solution, but has no effect or limitation on the legitimate consumer. Anti-Tamper is completely transparent to legitimate game buyers and does not in any way impose activation limits, install drivers, or require a gamer to be "always on."

Fifa and Lords of the Fallen use it and have not been cracked so far.

It is likely that all further EA games will use it.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

I'm not a big fan of the keyboard and mouse controls. Considering just plugging in a controller

How bad?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Its likely that the negative review score embargo (deal with publisher to delay negative reviews) has been lifted. Two really negative reviews have appeared on metacritic today.

http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/11/dragon-age-inquisition-pc/

The other one is german

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/PC-CDROM/Test/32927/80791/0/Dragon_Age_Inquisition.html

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Manufacturer info

What is the Denuvo Anti-Tamper solution?

Denuvo Anti-Tamper technology prevents the debugging, reverse engineering and changing of executable files to strengthen the security of games. It is not a DRM solution, but rather, Denuvo Anti-tamper protects DRM solutions, such as Origin Online Access or the Steam license management system, from being circumvented.

What is the difference between DRM and Anti-Tamper?

A Digital Rights Management (DRM) system binds the game to a legitimate user account and allows the game to be played whenever and wherever the consumer wants to download and execute the game.

Anti-Tamper stops the reverse engineering and debugging of the DRM solution, but has no effect or limitation on the legitimate consumer. Anti-Tamper is completely transparent to legitimate game buyers and does not in any way impose activation limits, install drivers, or require a gamer to be "always on."

Fifa and Lords of the Fallen use it and have not been cracked so far.

It is likely that all further EA games will use it.

I give it until the end of this month and I wouldn't be surprised if it's cracked by tomorrow.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

59/100. As far as I understand (my German is far from perfect) they criticize BioWare for mindlessly copying elements from Skyrim (mostly open world) and thus diluting the story-driven gameplay of Dragon Age series for no tangible benefit.

Edited by prodigydancer

The german review is quite long and it rips the game to shreds.

Here is the conclusion (google translate)

BioWare attempting a balancing act between its own narrative virtues and an open world à la The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - and the rotten compromises between them are very painful. Instead of expanding the traditional strengths, we took its cue from the successful competition of Bethesda and much of Skyrim copied without reaching its suction. It has moved away from the situational role-playing game with a dramatic script to open a huge playground. The looks wonderful, lures with size and diversity.But the core is either ordinary, unpretentious or as terrible as static in many online role-playing game. Since this fascination is neither novel nor playful felt that we have to wait to Baldur's Gate Dragon Age: Origins was transferred. Should there have been progress in terms of character behavior in the last twenty years, you will not find them here. The few really good quests go under the overused Get and Put.Because of the contradictions between the narrative and the experienced also created very early a distance to the game world and its actors. Why should I collect iron as a herald of the Inquisition or hunt Aries? The own hero? Morally hardly malleable! There are few dramatic moments when the old BioWare flashes, because screenplay and story go during the scavenger hunt under and over again. Yes, you can drift for 30 to 80 hours in an endless tag-completion and flow: There's so much fighting to liberate, to pick, to tinker and also to decide - only that this little on the history effect. The exploration potential charms of beautiful landscapes are stifled early by the spoiler card and much is terribly obvious distributed for collectors - finding secrets by direction pulse is the silliest thing Canadians have been developed.Finally, the combat system is neither one thing nor friends for Action for break tactician, but still offers combo stimuli in brilliant battles. It is ultimately kidnapped in a crowded fantasy world, the animated one for weeks with all their odds and ends for surfing on the surface. Since a shard, still a mile and maybe even include a crack here. The really good role playing are as dives. But BioWare will not want to explore that depth -. As floats too little audience .. (to test only the PC version was in front of us we could not play online, the ratings for the other systems we deliver to Anm.d.Red. .)

"Apparently its a new DRM by the same people that made SecuROM. I guess that makes it a bargain bin purchase. A pity"

Says the guy who has endlessly bashed BIO for years. Why are you even considering buying/playing any of their games. They suck. Move on, and play something fun and enjoyable.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So it is competently transparent for legitimate game buyers by obscuring what executables are doing. So it is program in you computer that can give ability to virus and malware writers to hide their software from virus scanners and other security tools. Sounds absolute harmless like their previous protection that give same virus and malware writers ability to use rootkit to hide their programs from operating system and virus scanners.

I need to check it more closely before I buy the game (or any other game from EA or any other company that uses it)

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

"Apparently its a new DRM by the same people that made SecuROM. I guess that makes it a bargain bin purchase. A pity"

Says the guy who has endlessly bashed BIO for years. Why are you even considering buying/playing any of their games. They suck. Move on, and play something fun and enjoyable.

After skipping DA2 and ME3 I was wondering if they changed anything this time around. Why do you care?