Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Why they don't just upgrade the original game instead of creating a new one that look much like other popular games? I cannot understand why they must changed it drastically since DA2

For good or ill, Bioware has always been a company that listens to what its fans say about their games, and adjusts their future releases accordingly. 

This leads to plenty of improvements ("gee, it would've been nice if the NPCs in BG1 had more going for them than a stat sheet and a half-dozen 3-second audio clips!"), but also to lots of cheesy fan-service ("My favorite dumb joke from ME1 MUST be reprised in ME3!!!").

• Like 1

Why they don't just upgrade the original game instead of creating a new one that look much like other popular games? I cannot understand why they must changed it drastically since DA2

For good or ill, Bioware has always been a company that listens to what its fans say about their games, and adjusts their future releases accordingly. 

This leads to plenty of improvements ("gee, it would've been nice if the NPCs in BG1 had more going for them than a stat sheet and a half-dozen 3-second audio clips!"), but also to lots of cheesy fan-service ("My favorite dumb joke from ME1 MUST be reprised in ME3!!!").

For me it's all hipocrisy, they didn't listen to fans, they appear to be just because they listen to particular group of fans who love to kiss their ass and make them feel high and mighty...the result is DA2 and Mass Effect 3

Once, i posted a suggestion to give weapon sheath, i compare with Skyrim weapon sheath mod, they say "we lack resources", but yet look at the game now, they can make all those things shown but "lack resources" in making weapon sheath? That's BS

i also asked why Qunari the demon headed red monster being called "militant Islamic borg" and Ottoman Turk, when i keep asking that i got banned, but others who smeared the name of my religion stay in the forum, thread not locked and not banned

I also ask why DA2 theme is "War on Terror"? It's about religious fanatics monsters running amok because of someone stole their holy book, and then anther semi-religious crazy mage blow up building and start the war...the result is i got banned, but others don't...others who defend them not banned

Okay, i actually just want to point out that BioWare make a huge mistake when they made the fans their enemy, and they play favorite, just look at BSN...and any other Bioware forum. How many got banned just by giving critics? How many threads being locked just because the mods don't like it? The mods play favorite too, and they mark people, those who kiss their ass remain, those who critics banned

Is that what being called "Bioware listen to fans", only certain fans, yes...

Edited by Qistina

well, am gonna wait at least six months to a year to play the latest da:i, but we will note that bioware is relative reactive to fan feedback. am suspecting that the main reason why so many obsidian boardies and codexians loathe bioware is precisely because bioware listens to the Average Gamer.  folks who post frequent at this place is not the average crpg purchaser. regular posters at obsidian is a bit more hardcore than the Average Gamer. codexians is even more removed from average-- is gaming luddites. 

am not sure what the Average Gamer is, but the biowarians seem to think they know. some kinda frankenstein monstrosity combining bruce, vol and the ubiquitous short-term posters who show up here and ask for obsidian's next game to be more like skyrim or who is puzzled by the lack of special fighting animations in PoE?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My sentiment toward Bioware not just because of what they done to their game i once loved, but what they want to show in their games recently

For example, DA2 is about "that what you got when religion mess up things", it's about the world going into destruction because of religious people or people with religion, an atheist propaganda, that is what Bioware game have become. I don't say this as a Muslim, just generally

If you guys aware most mages girls in DA2 wear head scarf similar to Muslim women, and then cut scenes showing Templar slaughtering them...isn't that remind you of Crusades?

So now the world is in chaos because of these religious fanatics from all races and kind going out of control. Mage vs Templar war started because of crazy semi-religious mage blowing up a church because he think he's doing the God's command, the religious military order going beserk and consuming even powerful drug, and fanatical "militant Islamic borg" want to conquer Europe...all these lead to demons coming into the world for the lulz

I ask the devs what actually they want to show in their game? That is my last question before i got perma banned

Edited by Qistina

. some kinda frankenstein monstrosity combining bruce, vol and the ubiquitous short-term posters who show up here and ask for obsidian's next game to be more like skyrim or who is puzzled by the lack of special fighting animations in PoE?

HA! Good Fun!

I had to laugh at the thought of that, a Frankenstein monster combining Bruce and Volo...what would this type of  fan want ?  Well for one thing he would expect all Romance dialogue  to consist of only " No, Yes and LOL"

Nothing more complicated than that :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think you are reading too much into this. their writters have too poor imagination to try pulling off something like that. I's just cliche, one oppresive organization and another rebellous and oppressed, that sometimes taps into illegal stuff.

Just look in DA2, they never show any good side of religious folks, they are all extremists. Religion is bad since DA2.

Templar - hate Mages to the extreme with no good reason, especially if The Warden is a Mage and mages who help against the recent war, the Blight. The religious military order want to take over politic of Kirkwal under Meredith

Chantry - their hipocrisy is to the extreme, do you see any decent priests in the game? Chantry feel threatened with Qunari religion and conspire to eliminate the religion from Kirkwal. The grand priest just close her eyes and ears about everything that happen

Mages - the one who are religious are abomination, Wynne (in DA:O) and Anders are both abomination. Are there any good mages other than Bethany? And because of being opressed by religion making them going into dark art to against religious people. The religious mage who blow up the church

Qunari - going rampage on a foreign city in a foreign country who provide them shelter and home because someone stole their holy book. Then want to force everyone to convert into their religion. What is the good side of Qunari? None shown.

City Elves - killing peoples with poison gas and want to blame it to Qunari because of many Elves converted into the Qun. Again it is because of religion

Meredith - religion justify the War on Terror or Crusade against Mages because the act of one person who blow up the Church. She even going crazy with religious chantings

And because of religion the world is turning upside down. The God didn't care, He even left and created The Blight in the first place to wipe out His creation, so all those religious peoples are just deluded fanatics

Edited by Qistina

I think you are reading too much into this. their writters have too poor imagination to try pulling off something like that. I's just cliche, one oppresive organization and another rebellous and oppressed, that sometimes taps into illegal stuff.

Just look in DA2, they never show any good side of religious folks, they are all extremists. Religion is bad since DA2.

Templar - hate Mages to the extreme with no good reason, especially if The Warden is a Mage and mages who help against the recent war, the Blight. The religious military order want to take over politic of Kirkwal under Meredith

Chantry - their hipocrisy is to the extreme, do you see any decent priests in the game? Chantry feel threatened with Qunari religion and conspire to eliminate the religion from Kirkwal. The grand priest just close her eyes and ears about everything that happen

Mages - the one who are religious are abomination, Wynne (in DA:O) and Anders are both abomination. Are there any good mages other than Bethany? And because of being opressed by religion making them going into dark art to against religious people. The religious mage who blow up the church

Qunari - going rampage on a foreign city in a foreign country who provide them shelter and home because someone stole their holy book. Then want to force everyone to convert into their religion. What is the good side of Qunari? None shown.

City Elves - killing peoples with poison gas and want to blame it to Qunari because of many Elves converted into the Qun. Again it is because of religion

Meredith - religion justify the War on Terror or Crusade against Mages because the act of one person who blow up the Church. She even going crazy with religious chantings

And because of religion the world is turning upside down. The God didn't care, He even left and created The Blight in the first place to wipe out His creation, so all those religious peoples are just deluded fanatics

So go on the BSN and bitch to, you know, the people that made the game in the first place. 

This is the Obsidian forums, if you didn't know.

• Like 1

Because a typical religious beliefs and mundane actions are boring. It's just easy to combine the two. Look that through out the history it was both, the ideological and through that also religious exremism that brought out the worst out of the humanity...

It starts in the ancient times, with various primitive religions (various sacrifices of animals and later humans), then a lot of voilence when the current major religons came into power (funnily all the three , jewish, christian, and muslm are basically referring to the same god and come from the same origin, just disagree on rituals and importance of certain prophets, mainly the j.christ - jewish do not recognize him at all, chirstians recognize him as the son of god, and muslims see him as just one of the prophets but the last prophet was Muḥammad)

Monotheisitc religions threw the peoples mentality to the dark ages in europe, was responsible for destruction of the great library during the late roman empire, was responsible for the stagnation in scientific development of arabic people, the ones who were the ones who were leaders in major inventions in the early middle ages post roman empire.

The same geos to all the ideologies, look at Japan and China, which suddenly stopped progress because the "traditions" stopped progress and were not really open to other views...

just because in the game you get wierd vibes, it's just because you are actively looking for them. I see only an oppresive idology that comes with prejudice and fear, and opressed, who also have members that give fuel to the prejudices and fear when they deal with illegal....

You can put anything you want into that. It's a cliche that can fit what you want....

Besides, no need to derail this topic further, it's about DA:I game features. If you want to get into ths further, go either to BSN, or create a topic in Off-topic section...

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

So I found this when searching Jesus toast: pareidolia, the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist. 

Everyone can do it, few take it to the extreme, droning on and on, and on and on, seeing Jesus in toast. Just cover it in creamy tuna and call it a day. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

So I found this when searching Jesus toast: pareidolia, the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist. 

Everyone can do it, few take it to the extreme, droning on and on, and on and on, seeing Jesus in toast. Just cover it in creamy tuna and call it a day. 

Well said.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I had to laugh at the thought of that, a Frankenstein monster combining Bruce and Volo...what would this type of  fan want ?  Well for one thing he would expect all Romance dialogue  to consist of only " No, Yes and LOL"

That would be an improvement.

Anyone else find it amusing that reviews are complaining about the story of DA:I? Where were these complaints about ME2, ME3, DA2 and yes DA:O?

And does this possibly mean I will like DA:I story?

Also spoilers the villain is:

Corypheus

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Religion portrayed as extremist is a common theme in the US and Canada. They can't put a preacher  (and its usually a christian one) in a movie if he isn't a frothing at the mouth lunatic, paedophile or somehow deeply flawed. You should know better than to expect a positive portrayal of religion from a company that pushes LGBT agenda through their game. Visceral anti-religiousness, gay "rights", preaching tolerance while suppressing all views but their own - that's all core liberal policy.... beyond Bioware.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Anyone else find it amusing that reviews are complaining about the story of DA:I? Where were these complaints about ME2, ME3, DA2 and yes DA:O?

Corypheus

I doubt it, their standards are likely to be far lower than yours.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Corypheus

I doubt it, their standards are likely to be far lower than yours.

Now that is a sad thought. Lower standards than me.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I have to applaud the animators at Bioware, her facial expressions perfectly align to drugged up dialogue and mostly: Look at mr. Inquisitioners face, that is the only normal reaction to those kind of lines.

So...DA:I is some kind of farce or something? I mean, I can't imagine what else would explain that dialogue or the voice acting.

Regarding the more reserved reviews, I think it's more likely they are trying to get out in front of the controversy this time around. They don't want to be overly negative just in case there is no DA2/ME3 torches and pitchforks but at the same time they want to hedge their bets just in case the anti-Bioware brigade does come out in full force

Or maybe not. We'll find out next week

EDIT- that was my 1000th post and it only took me 9 years. I kinda wish I had been sober and the post had been more profound.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Regarding the more reserved reviews, I think it's more likely they are trying to get out in front of the controversy this time around. They don't want to be overly negative just in case there is no DA2/ME3 torches and pitchforks but at the same time they want to hedge their bets just in case the anti-Bioware brigade does come out in full force

Or maybe not. We'll find out next week

EDIT- that was my 1000th post and it only took me 9 years. I kinda wish I had been sober and the post had been more profound.

I found that a lucid, level-headed, and well thought-out post.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Religion portrayed as extremist is a common theme in the US and Canada. They can't put a preacher  (and its usually a christian one) in a movie if he isn't a frothing at the mouth lunatic, paedophile or somehow deeply flawed. You should know better than to expect a positive portrayal of religion from a company that pushes LGBT agenda through their game. Visceral anti-religiousness, gay "rights", preaching tolerance while suppressing all views but their own - that's all core liberal policy.... beyond Bioware.

But Dragon Age:Origin is not like that, nothing against or pro-religion in that game, even in the Circle main quest and Mage origin are not about religion at all. You can play neutral all the time if you wish. There are some positive values you can see about religion in DA:O, such as Templars protecting innocents in Lothring, the Chantry become safe haven for the desperates in Lothering and Redcliffe. The knights defending Redcliffe are faithful and good. Chantry reward anyone doing their quests in helping people. And so about religion of other races, the Elves, the Dwarves, and Sten the Qunari. They are shown neutral through out the game. Even there is lore saying about war between Elves and Human, but that's history and have two different version, up to you believe which one or don't care. And also one of your choice may lead to Crusade toward dwarves but it is not shown in the game.

In DA2 the game push you to compare, but all comparisons are bad, there is nothing positive about religion or people with religion in DA2. what they want to show you is religion is bad, peoples with religion are bad people, religion bring destruction to the world. They shove it to you through out the game, you have nothing to compare except all negatives, the conclusion is religion is bad. Based on that they make DA:I world...where the world is in destruction because of what happen in DA2, that is religious people messed things up.

it's clearly an atheist propaganda, unlike DA:O

The way i see it is a "change of policy" in BioWare...

Edited by Qistina