Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Skyrim + Oblivion

In Oblivion, portals show up everywhere, we need to close it. DA:I is about that, closing up portals that will show up everywhere

In Skyrim we kill dragons everywhere

Dragon Age have lost it's originality, a rip off from many popular games

Are you serious?

"WE do some similar things in game so that means Game A obviously stole everything from Game B"? Like, seriously? "In one game, you kill dragons. In another game, there are dragons."

I am serious

Why the Fade tearing must be "portals"? And through these portals demons coming into the world, in Oblivion, Daedra coming into the world through portals, It is an obvious rip off

Yes we have dragons in Dragon Age : Origin, but it's original, sadly in DA2 the dragons are just there for the sake of must have dragons. And now it's Skyrim dragons with shouts and can talk

The Inquisitor is a member of secret organization, in Oblivion the hero have dealing with secret organization, and it's the main quest. In Skyrim, the hero is a Dragonborn, i am not suprised if the The Inquisitor is a descendant of Old Gods whatsover...or maybe a product of experiment making him/her a dragon hybrid...based on trailer i watched it does seems like that

All of these are classic story tropes.

And what else would you call an opening that people enter and exit from? For the record, in DA3, they don't call them portals. They call them rifts. So even by your own logic, you're wrong.

• Like 1

And what else would you call an opening that people enter and exit from? For the record, in DA3, they don't call them portals. They call them rifts. So even by your own logic, you're wrong.

It is unoriginal.

Changing terms doesn't make it original. You can name a thing differently but it is still the same thing.

Why The Fade tearing must be in a form of portal opening? The Fade is a dream realm, Mages going in through dreaming, but they can recognize The Fade. Everybody going into The Fade when dreaming. So now why it suddenly become a realm of different dimension like Oblivion?

Originally demons only can come to the world through abominations, but there are some cases where demons appearing when the veil is thin, but there is no portals in original game

It is because they lack original idea, they make it so just to put some monsters in the game, and those monster come from The Fade portals, it is as easy as that. They want to create a new threat and solution for the threat, that is demons come from The fade portals the solution is close the portal.

So when demons can come through the world through portals, why they don't do it earlier?Why must possess mages to become abomination?

Is funny how there are still people trying to make sense of BW writing as if they don't just do whatever they feel like at the moment and disregard their canon.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Elerond & Orogun01: Your avatars are suspiciously similar. Could it be? No, or.... Well, perhaps. Nah! Mr Smith and Elrond are one and the same!! LotR is part of the Matrrix, I knew it!

They are both portrayed by Hugo Weaving if that's what you mean.

Duh! ;)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, it was old when Jason and the Argonauts had to sail around to 50 islands in the Aegean to close Hades' Porticos.

• Like 2

Elerond & Orogun01: Your avatars are suspiciously similar. Could it be? No, or.... Well, perhaps. Nah! Mr Smith and Elrond are one and the same!! LotR is part of the Matrrix, I knew it!

Duh! ;)

Well yeah, duh, but your comment didn't seem to imply any prior knowledge so there.. :S

The combat looks like button mashing crap and enemies seem to take forever to die.

When will they understand that its impossible to transform pared down RPG combat that hinges on a very limited set of attacks and abilities (with damage numbers jumping out above characters lol) into a fluid action game?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The combat looks like button mashing crap and enemies seem to take forever to die.

When will they understand that its impossible to transform pared down RPG combat that hinges on a very limited set of attacks and abilities (with damage numbers jumping out above characters lol) into a fluid action game?

It's still RTwP, isn't it? So why mash buttons?

because you can get away with it

pausing the game really comes into play when you have to manage your party, which only happens when they're in real danger and you need to optimize to win

Why optimize when you can just barge through it without consequence? I don't think I practically ever took control of squad mates in ME. In KOTOR and NWN, you could auto attack your way to victory. etc. etc.

Bioware combat hasn't been about that for a long time. The first DA was the only time they've done that in years and they  backpedaled on it as soon as DA2.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Why optimize when you can just barge through it without consequence?

Seriously, have you ever play DA2 on Nightmare? Trying to barge through templar assassins was a sure way to get your ass kicked in no time.

DA:O on Nightmare was much, much easier than DA2.

Edited by prodigydancer

Duh! ;)

Well yeah, duh, but your comment didn't seem to imply any prior knowledge so there.. :S

No worries! I was just playing stupid for once, instead of being it. :biggrin:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

One of his conclusions seems to be that this game reminds him a lot of Assasin's Creed. And I have to say that I completely agree with him. I have asked this maybe 2-3 times on the Bioware forums but never gotten a direct answer as to why this or if my intuition about this is correct. 

As for the exploration and the visuals, I have had a fear - or intuition - that Bioware wanted to turn the DA franchise into some sort of skyrim game e.g. Bioware wanted to take several clues from Skyrim for inspiration when they wanted to make DA: Inquisition. And it certainly seems that I was correct. Statements from lead devs. have confirmed this. Sadly - however - it seems like Bioware's thinking at the moment is this: Skyrim sold 20 million copies. If we, Bioware, make a game that looks and feels and plays similar to Skyrim, we will sell, maybe 5 or even 10 million copies. Since a lot of people played Skyrim as their first rpg...it must therefore followt hat  they want something like this in a rpg from Bioware. However, Im not so sure about this. 

Bioware rpgs have always been strong in story and characters where Bethesda's rpgs always have focused on exploration. They are two distinct - adn different - ways to make an rpg. And I'm not so sure that Bioware will sell between 5-10 million copies of this game.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Well, I'm buying it but I'm going to wait a year or so until all the digital content is released. Then with they come out with the Gold, platinum, whatever edition I'll get it. I HATE buying stuff piecemeal. I did that with Civ 5 (which I just bought) & Skyrim and I'm convinced that's the way to go, Besides, it will have been patched a few times by then and have a nice crop of mods too.

Plus that will give me plenty of time to see what y'all think of it.

Actually EA doesn't seem to be selling Ultimate Editions anymore(or at least I couldn't find them for ME2 or 3). Also the engine isn't mod friendly, so you may be disappointed on that front.

There is an edition out where you buy ME1 to ME3 in a bundle. I know because last weekend I was visiting my local gamestop shop and they had this edtion of all the ME games. No DLC though. Also Aaryn Flyn has asked what we'll like to see in final (ultimate) edition of the ME games released so far...

There is also an ultimate edition available on EA's Origin DA: Origins which contains Awakening all the dlc...

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Do you guys think the deluxe edition is worth it? Also, do you believe the deluxe edition will be available after release? Probably going to get it for the PS4 after release to read some reviews and due to getting GTA V due to being a game I can play easier right now. What I mean is I won't have long periods to time to play each time I play until after the holidays and GTA you can get in and get out without worrying too much about story. Lol

One of his conclusions seems to be that this game reminds him a lot of Assasin's Creed. And I have to say that I completely agree with him. I have asked this maybe 2-3 times on the Bioware forums but never gotten a direct answer as to why this or if my intuition about this is correct. 

As for the exploration and the visuals, I have had a fear - or intuition - that Bioware wanted to turn the DA franchise into some sort of skyrim game e.g. Bioware wanted to take several clues from Skyrim for inspiration when they wanted to make DA: Inquisition. And it certainly seems that I was correct. Statements from lead devs. have confirmed this. Sadly - however - it seems like Bioware's thinking at the moment is this: Skyrim sold 20 million copies. If we, Bioware, make a game that looks and feels and plays similar to Skyrim, we will sell, maybe 5 or even 10 million copies. Since a lot of people played Skyrim as their first rpg...it must therefore followt hat  they want something like this in a rpg from Bioware. However, Im not so sure about this. 

Bioware rpgs have always been strong in story and characters where Bethesda's rpgs always have focused on exploration. They are two distinct - adn different - ways to make an rpg. And I'm not so sure that Bioware will sell between 5-10 million copies of this game.

Well let me put your fears to rest, a BW style Skyrim isn't likely to happen. The amount of content and testing that is needed for an open world game would leave little time for BW core mechanic, the romances.

Although is very possible that if they do decide to go full open world that they will reuse a lot of assets from previous games; they've done so with Inquisition, freeing their time to focus on the storytelling and ****ing over 3d artist that need to feed themselves.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Well let me put your fears to rest, a BW style Skyrim isn't likely to happen. The amount of content and testing that is needed for an open world game would leave little time for BW core mechanic, the romances.

Although is very possible that if they do decide to go full open world that they will reuse a lot of assets from previous games; they've done so with Inquisition, freeing their time to focus on the storytelling and ****ing over 3d artist that need to feed themselves.

Mass Effect 4 will feature open-world romances. In fact, the plot revolves around exploring the universe and ****ing almost anything that you come across.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Mass Effect 4 will feature open-world romances. In fact, the plot revolves around exploring the universe and ****ing almost anything that you come across.

Concept art is already out

Scan95.jpg

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Concept art is already out

Scan95.jpg

Liked for The Boys insert.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Do you guys think the deluxe edition is worth it? Also, do you believe the deluxe edition will be available after release? Probably going to get it for the PS4 after release to read some reviews and due to getting GTA V due to being a game I can play easier right now. What I mean is I won't have long periods to time to play each time I play until after the holidays and GTA you can get in and get out without worrying too much about story. Lol

I stuck to the regular edition.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition_Deluxe_Edition