Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Can we not edit our character's names?

Nope. Make a new char (as its not like you have to level it).

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I had to repeatedly check the wiki for Dragon Age II choices. I seem to have blocked parts of it from my memory.

I don't recall a Dragon Age 2, so I assume I blocked the entire thing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I had to repeatedly check the wiki for Dragon Age II choices. I seem to have blocked parts of it from my memory.

Maybe you renamed it "Dragon Age: Dread of the Roof-Dwellers" in your subconscious.

• Like 2

Maybe you renamed it "Dragon Age: Dread of the Roof-Dwellers" in your subconscious.

I do vaguely recall playing some generic ARPG where waves of enemies would drop from the ceiling while the PC shouted "ANOTHER WAVE!". Could be DA2.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I am looking forward to this. It looks pretty and it has a huge world for you to explore. Mix that with Bioware's storytelling and you have yourself a deal.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I am looking forward to this. It looks pretty and it has a huge world for you to explore. Mix that with Bioware's storytelling and you have yourself a deal.

What, like the storytelling in Dragon Age II? Or the storytelling in Mass Effect 3? How much of it have you played, that you can state with certainty that the game world is huge and explorable?

Edited by AGX-17

We can complain about the keep not importing our wardens correctly now right Alan? (Just kidding)

Lol

But that's not an option anyways. We only get Achievements and possibly first names from what I can tell. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

It's supposed to import the character's appearance too but there are still some teething problems. I like the program though, a checkbox would be quicker but it's nice to see all the artwork and get a reminder of what happened in the previous games.

Edited by Serrano

What, like the storytelling in Dragon Age II?

It was ok.

Or the storytelling in Mass Effect 3?

The ending was bad but the rest was ok, certainly not great but still entertainting.

How much of it have you played, that you can state with certainty that the game world is huge and explorable?

It sure looks like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDh6z-56eo

Here's an interesting little read from EuroGamer:

By Robert Purchese Published 10/10/2014 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-10-solo-dragon-age-inquisition-has-200-hours-of-content):

"Finishing everything - literally completing - Dragon Age: Inquisition will take between 150 to 200 hours, BioWare reckons. The main story, however, will take 20 to 40.

That's what producer Cameron Lee told Polygon. "We're just making more. More and more and more," he said. "And it's all entirely up to the player. It's your world, your game."

"Dragon Age games have never been small, although DA2 was far more constrained that Origins. But DAI offers an open-world and more freedom of choice in how you want to navigate and influence it. The same is true of The Witcher series and next year's new instalment, The Witcher 3. That game also boasts a huge open-world and freedom of exploration, with a 50-hour main quest and 50 hours of side-quests."

"Role-playing games have never been short, BioWare's vintage catalogue included. But more recently, a focus on a cinematic presentation - and a focus on a console audience - has clipped their lengths. Until Skyrim, that is."

"Staggeringly, Bethesda's technically-infinite open-world fantasy adventure has sold more than 20m copies worldwide - a figure mentioned by Bethesda earlier this year. To put that into perspective, The Witcher series (all games combined) has sold 6m copies (accurate as of autumn last year), Dragon Age: Origins has sold more than 3.2m copies and Dragon Age 2 more than 2m. Those are official and old Dragon Age numbers; DAO could be close to 5m."

My comments:

So, the DA:I game is huge. When I played through Skyrim in my thorough first playthrough, it took like 110 hours altogether, but the main story was just like 10-15 hours (perhaps less).

I remember Bioware congratulating Bethesda on Skyrim and that they wanted to make something that open too, and of the same kind of humongous scope. Let's hope DA:I will be a much better CRPG, and if so, that they will sell millions and millions.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

"they will sell millions and millions."

It'll sell between 3-5 mil. 2 mil if it 'bombs' and no more 6mil if they are very very 'lucky'.

BIO just doesn't have the audience to sell Skyrim numbers no matter how much they try to and it has nothing to do with quality (since ES sucks).

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BIO just doesn't have the audience to sell Skyrim numbers no matter how much they try to and it has nothing to do with quality (since ES sucks).

Skyrim's sales have a lot to do with it's engine which is not the best, but still very modular. I doubt that Frostbite 3 will be anything similar to Gamebryo 1.5 the Creation Engine.

Edited by Cat Food

What, like the storytelling in Dragon Age II? Or the storytelling in Mass Effect 3? How much of it have you played, that you can state with certainty that the game world is huge and explorable?

I agree, Bioware took a huge dip in quality. DA2, TOR, and ME3 were all disasters that looked semi promising and got good reviews from critics.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3

I would stay away from DA:I until a month or two after it's release, then check it out. Hope it turns out good.

Now drop your shield, perfect.

So I'm confused, how can you save both the keep and the town in DA:A? I don't remember you being able to do that.

Play therapist to all companions and upgrade the keep fully.