Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I just don't want the romance to be forced a la ME3.

"Thanks for the help, Iron Bull!"

"Oh, You are WELCOME, Inquisitor <3 <3 <3"

"Ok, then?"

"YES, OK. LET'S LAY DOWN AND I WILL GIVE YOU PLEASURE. RESPECTFULLY"

"I'm just beeing grateful, you know."

"YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL. COME ON HERE"

"NO, WAIT. I DONT--"

"OH YES"

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

All I know is that Skyhold will need some palisade-class double-beds, coz that Iron Bull will break the bed, not to mention rupture all sorts of inner organs.

:lol:

That made me laugh, I appreciate how you are adopting all the considerations around Romance, we will make a proud promancer of you yet :biggrin:

Bruce, weren't you vocally opposed to Bioware "romances"?

Edited by TheChris92

Well, they're allowed some terrible lines. "STEEEEEEEVEEE!" (followed by the deadpan "You sure?"), for example.

In retrospect, the cringeworthy of that scene might have stemmed from the awkward delivery and audio direction rather than the writing itself. It might have helped had they worded it differently, like "Are you sure?" or something entirely else, but the way that Meer phrases the line makes it sound unintentionally hilarious -- Either Shepard was pulling a very inept con or the dialogue assignment was ****ed. 

Edited by TheChris92

Well, they're allowed some terrible lines. "STEEEEEEEVEEE!" (followed by the deadpan "You sure?"), for example.

In retrospect, the cringeworthy of that scene might have stemmed from the awkward delivery and audio direction rather than the writing itself. It might have helped had they worded it differently, like "Are you sure?" or something entirely else, but the way that Meer phrases the line makes it sound unintentionally hilarious -- Either Shepard was pulling a very inept con or the dialogue assignment was ****ed.

Well meant generally terrible lines, but yes that line was due to some awful voice direction, like with Ashley's...uh...reaction. Jacob had a good ones in ME3 as well. But anyway, that's aside.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Will Mark Meer voice anyone in DA:I?

I think he's currently down as "additional voices" (as is jennifer hale), he tends to do vorcha/darkspawn type stuff outside of his more recognizable work.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Great gif just above ^ :lol:

Anywhoo. Here's the latest Twitch stream gameplay with Mike Laidlaw, which is a guy I really like. His cool somehow.

This is but part 1. Click on link at end of vid, and then you get to see part 2. :)

They play a dwarven warrior, and they talk about crafting and crafting rune slots, etc. You get to name items you craft. How cool is that?

EDIT: You start with a basic set of companions. To get to the rest, you need to find them by doing quests and progress. And apparently they are not "super hard"

to find.

EDIT 2: The party is level 5, and just like in Skyrim, they see a Dragon fly by over the foggy horizon in Storm Coast. Also, an elven warrior that Bioware calls the Murder Queen rigs the camp like a beachhead before you arrive with your Inquisition party.

EDIT3: OMG!! The water and the surf and the beach and the boulders and the rain and the trees, they all look fabulous in Storm Coast. Wow!

EDIT 4: The geographic variety is at least on par with Kingdom of Amalur's, and that one was great. Also the map's are bleeding hugh! This means murder to any social life you were planning. I intend to cancel X-Mas and New Year's and then pretend to be sick. In reality, I've locked the door to my gaming cave, and then I'll play till my eyes and fingers bleed.

EDIT 5: Laidlaw is right! Planning tactics for each encounter is like American football. Hehe!

EDIT 6: A giant and a dragon having a go at each other. That certainly beats Skyrim, and you can disengage from encountering one of them beasts in level 5, but you will most likely die trying.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hm, haven't googled but maybe one of you knows - are they doing some social media integration so you can see what choices everyone else playing the game made? Noticed that in DFC and it does seem like a thing bigger studios do.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Noviere: Hah! I just saw those distinctly pointed ears and no beard (I'm an old D&D'er), and assumed she was a short, but very murderous wood elf! :w00t:

Also, is Harding by any chance an evil nod to Tonya Harding? :devil:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Got a question for you guys.  I can't decide on whether to get the pc or PS4 edition of the game.  I have an AMD Phenom X4 at 3.2 ghz, with a 8 GB of ram, and a Nvidia 750 ti.  While the graphic card and ram are fine enough, and the CPU easily covers the minimum requirements, it's quite far from the recommended.  I played Origins on the pc, but not DA 2, so no worrying about continuation of choices, if they look at previous saves.  

From gameplay perspective, both seem to control decent enough and they both look pretty similar as well graphically speaking.  What would you guys go towards in this circumstance?  I understand this is typically a pc forum, but I know I also read some people are also getting the PS4 version.

Holy moses! That staggering number of choices was exhausting! It was pretty awkward to use at times, but I managed to endure the whole thing. It certainly brought back memories of DA:O. DA2, I just picked those options I saw fit during the slide show and let the rest of the tapestry fine pickings slide.