Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

DA2 I recall awarded XP when combat ended, all in a bunch.

DAO was probably the same, but DA2 was flashier with how they handled it, so I remember it more clearly.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does DA:I award kill xp? :biggrin:

I think somebody confirmed it in the last thread. Hack and slasher rejoice over this regression from beautiful PNP style quest xp to farming ;)

The previous games in the franchise featured quest xp? Interesting, I didn't know that.

I had an "IIRC" moment re: DA2, but looks like I was wrong. I think my views re: the mission/quest exp model are well known. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So..

aj6gj0w_700b.jpg

The only explanation my mind can accept for that is a mistranslation... Like, your character meets a person who is struggling with your language and it's played for comedic effect. Or something.

Edited by Noviere

The only explanation my mind can accept for that is a mistranslation... Like, your character meets a person who is struggling with your language and it's played for comedic effect. Or something.

Dirty Orlesian Phrasebook.

I had assumed this was a hoax before realising the ESRB stuff was publicly accessible on their website, so er, yeah. Maybe they installed some mods from the Nexus? :ninja:

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Time for changes in the writers' pit. Keep Kristjanson and Weekes.

Edit: Patrick Weekes wrote Iron Bull, to whom I suspect that quote is going to be attributed. Oh dear. BSOD.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

Time for changes in the writers' pit. Keep Kristjanson and Weekes.

Edit: Patrick Weekes wrote Iron Bull, to whom I suspect that quote is going to be attributed. Oh dear. BSOD.

I haven't really followed the game much, much less visited the Website, but seriously, Iron Bull sounds like the ingame version of a Blooming Rose "Champion"

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

All I know is that Skyhold will need some palisade-class double-beds, coz that Iron Bull will break the bed, not to mention rupture all sorts of inner organs.

:lol:

That made me laugh, I appreciate how you are adopting all the considerations around Romance, we will make a proud promancer of you yet :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I hope you are happy, Bruce. You have your romances. The dialog in this game will be hilariously bad. I hope it's not Varric that says those things. I know my other two companions won't be the ones saying it (Vivienne and Cassandra).

• Like 2

The dialog in this game will be hilariously bad.

While the example used is, indeed, hilariously bad, I'm not ready to go quite that far just yet. :p

Does DA:I award kill xp? :biggrin:

I think somebody confirmed it in the last thread. Hack and slasher rejoice over this regression from beautiful PNP style quest xp to farming ;)

There is no "regression". This would be status quo. Kill xp isn't going anywhere... unless maybe you're playing PoE.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

The dialog in this game will be hilariously bad.

While the example used is, indeed, hilariously bad, I'm not ready to go quite that far just yet. :p

It was really bad in the "Inquisitor & Followers" trailer,

They still can't get me to cancel my pre-order no matter how hArd they try. I really want an rpg for my barely used PS4.

Well, they're allowed some terrible lines. "STEEEEEEEVEEE!" (followed by the deadpan "You sure?"), for example.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope you are happy, Bruce. You have your romances. The dialog in this game will be hilariously bad. I hope it's not Varric that says those things. I know my other two companions won't be the ones saying it (Vivienne and Cassandra).

I  am happy but I still want to see the actual implementation of Romance, I don't want to see the whole  "yes I love you because you gave me a present " concept which did undermine the credibility and believability of Romance on certain levels

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just don't want the romance to be forced a la ME3.

"Thanks for the help, Iron Bull!"
"Oh, You are WELCOME, Inquisitor <3 <3 <3"
"Ok, then?"
"YES, OK. LET'S LAY DOWN AND I WILL GIVE YOU PLEASURE. RESPECTFULLY"
"I'm just beeing grateful, you know."
"YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL. COME ON HERE"
"NO, WAIT. I DONT--"
"OH YES"

• Like 3