RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

And you get to be pushed off a ladder by your idiot minions as they rush forth to die.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And you get to be pushed off a ladder by your idiot minions as they rush forth to die.

Siege and naval battles are the worst two aspects of M&B, also never fight a siege against vaegir marksmen.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not free but you get 75% off the whole series, I've never played these games. Should I buy them...how would  you describe them?

Sid Meier's Pirates! on dry land.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Siege and naval battles are the worst two aspects of M&B, also never fight a siege against vaegir marksmen.

Yeah, it's suicide trying to fight them. I like sieging Nords and Khergits, the former have no archers so it's lots of whittling and the latter you can just zerg as they suck at infantry fighting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Now that was a game I thought had potential. A bit more money and finesse with the combat design (and the design in general) and it would have been one of the best games in the last decade.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Now that was a game I thought had potential. A bit more money and finesse with the combat design (and the design in general) and it would have been one of the best games in the last decade.

If they fix the aforementioned problems and just add more options in general it could easily be so.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Hopefully these are things that will be addressed in Mount & Blade 2, whenever that comes out, and it won't simply be a prettier version of the existing Mount & Blade games.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dating is so much trouble you should just watch other people have sex. Or wait for the office holiday party.

Sure. But if the series keeps demonstrating that it can't hold his interest long enough to finish the game off, it seems he should aim to save cash and do what he does partly anyway (Youtube) or try to pay an percentage in line with the amount he will play.

Or he could just finish the games. :p

Why do I need to finish a game to find it enjoyable?  I've never finished a single Elder Scrolls game either.  Really the only games I tend to finish are Obsidian and Bioware ones.  

Usually I wouldn't even bother with watching the ending on youtube, but the AssCreed games are a bit of a guilty pleasure when it comes to the story.  It's terrible, but I can't help myself.  :p

Okay I relented and bought the Mount & Blade series on GOG, its an excellent price

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not free but you get 75% off the whole series, I've never played these games. Should I buy them...how would  you describe them?

It was free for a limited time. How would I describe it?

I get to fulfill my dream of world domination.

Mount and Blade was still free as of 10pm EST.    It's in my library right now.   :biggrin:

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

It was free for a limited time. How would I describe it?

I get to fulfill my dream of world domination.

Mount and Blade was still free as of 10pm EST.    It's in my library right now.   :biggrin:

I've also just added it, thanks for the reminder. I was wondering how I would get it for free

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why do I need to finish a game to find it enjoyable?  I've never finished a single Elder Scrolls game either.  Really the only games I tend to finish are Obsidian and Bioware ones.  

Usually I wouldn't even bother with watching the ending on youtube, but the AssCreed games are a bit of a guilty pleasure when it comes to the story.  It's terrible, but I can't help myself.  tongue.png

Well, is your money in the end, but seems you are overpaying for what you get if you just do it half way. One good thing about sales, wasting $9.99 isn't all that bad (as opposed to the $50 or so I wasted on GW2, argh).

I've also just added it, thanks for the reminder. I was wondering how I would get it for free

You can also get Witcher2 for free but you have to visit GoG every day for a week.  Most people already have it but it might be worth getting it for a backup.

• Like 1

I had my counter reset a few hours ago, I checked it yesterday only to see it didn't let me check the second box today. bloody GOG, they must be feeling my hatred towards TW2

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Please let this trailer (or game) not be complete BS

Please let this game come to the west

Diablo WHO?

It certainly looks cool.  What's the pedigree of the team behind this?  Have they made this type of game before?  Maybe more than any other type of game, a loot em up depends on an extremely fine tuned balance of classes, skills and abilities, enemy level scaling, and, most of all, compelling loot to give you motivation for the insane amount of grinding these games entail.  As a backer of Grim Dawn and a follower of that project, that game has had its balance tweaked dozens upon dozens (likely hundreds upon hundreds internally by the team) of times since the alpha first released to backers, and they're nowhere near done tweaking.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That game is really pretty, a pity its another Diablo clone.

The character looks exactly like Nightmare from Soul Calibur by the way.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Apparently, FarCry 4 review copies do not include a PC version. http://www.pcgamer.com/why-our-far-cry-4-review-is-delayed/

I expect serious optimization issues like ACU.

Considering that they made the statement that "FarCry 4 will run the same on PC and consoles on Ultra", yes I believe that's to be expected. At the very least we can hold hope since Farcry doesn't have a crowd generator. 

Ubisoft is really trying hard to be the worst company of this year, guess that's why Jade jumped ship.

@Drowsy Emperor: as long as they're not Diablo III clones then they have my support.

village_idiot.gif

a heist game with a 70s vibe that's less about shooty shooty and more about stealy stealy.

That was a funny trailer but I'm a bit suspicious at the complete lack of game info, is there more information elsewhere? I personally hope it's an old style fmv adventure game with a 70's heist theme. If they could keep that level of humour then I think it would do pretty well. You can never have too many stealth games though.

a heist game with a 70s vibe that's less about shooty shooty and more about stealy stealy.

That was a funny trailer but I'm a bit suspicious at the complete lack of game info, is there more information elsewhere? I personally hope it's an old style fmv adventure game with a 70's heist theme. If they could keep that level of humour then I think it would do pretty well. You can never have too many stealth games though.

I think it's going to work like a squad-based strategy game.  Here's a preview for it in Destructoid.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

This game has the potential to be one of the best games ever made:

If they give the procedural universe adequate context.

Regardless, it made my heart jump for joy, to see what used to be real sci fi in a game.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

This War of Mine, a non-zombie wartime survival game focusing on realistic depiction of civilian suffering is now available on GoG and Steam.

I'll let the highest rated Steam user review talk about the game experience:

Entered a building with other people.
The building's description had said "Danger" which ment hostiles. Bandits.
I grabbed my knife and was ready for those bandits.
I saw one bandit and after breaking in through a window, she ran calling for backup.
One guy showed up with a shotgun and chased me off but I waited.
He searched, and couldn't find me and then I got the drop on him.
We fought, he couldn't shoot, and three stabs later he fell.
I grabbed the shotgun and went inside. 
My friends needed food, and these bandits were killers. They deserved what they got.
I grabbed food, supplies, and another bandit showed up!
I fired at them with the shotgun, and they dropped with a gurgling scream.
One bandit ran after me! Surely they had a knife!
No... she ran past me to the man's corpse.
She was crying. She called me a murderer.
I fired again and she dropped.
There was silence then, and I had to hurry up and grab the rest of the supplies before more bandits showed up.
I opened a closet, and snagged the food.
But, the inventory of the closet said "Private"
Someone owned this wardrobe? 
I looked outside toward the other building, and between the two.. a garden someone built?
One guy had mentioned they were running low on meds.
This.... no.. it couldn't be. It just couldn't be!
This wasn't... this wasn't an abandoned building being picked clean.
This was another group's safehouse.
These people are.... were.... survivors!
...and "I" was the bandit.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding