RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

So glad I abandoned that ship with 3. The hearbreak would have killed me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My advice with the AssCreed series is to just not get all of them, but instead skip around.  Play one every couple of years.  You avoid the burnout of the series milking its fanbase for every drop, and you can pick and choose the best ones and skip out on the duds that way.  You kill two birds with one stone.  The only possible down side to skipping around is story continuity, but the story in that series is ludicrous garbage anyway, plus there's always Youtube for that.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My advice with the AssCreed series is to just not get all of them, but instead skip around.  Play one every couple of years.  You avoid the burnout of the series milking its fanbase for every drop, and you can pick and choose the best ones and skip out on the duds that way.  You kill two birds with one stone.  The only possible down side to skipping around is story continuity, but the story in that series is ludicrous garbage anyway, plus there's 

I think killing Desmond and ending that story thread was a huge mistake that the series' overarching plot won't recover from. Not that the new games will be bad, I'm sure they'll be amazing, but I'm in the camp that thinks they should just focus on the historical plots and not bother with Abstergo at all. Which sucks, because I actually was more interested in Desmond and co. than Ezio at times and it was frustrating that the series always seemed to tease that they'd do something interesting with those characters 'next time'. I mean I get the character wasn't popular but for God's sake, if you make all of his sections the dullest levels in the game then of course people will respond badly to the character, then in AC3 it's like they finally teased that they with going to do it right with some of the actual missions Desmond went on and then they pulled the plug. Twats. I'm still bitter.

The ending where civilization is destroyed and Desmond becomes the Messiah and is regarded as a god figure thousands of years later would've been a fitting way to end the series.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I actually just installed AC4 Black Flag after sitting on it for a year.  AC3 burnt me out pretty good.

I also never finish these things.  I just get about halfway through and watch the movie on youtube to get the rest.  They really turn into a grind around hour 30.

I actually just installed AC4 Black Flag after sitting on it for a year.  AC3 burnt me out pretty good.

I also never finish these things.  I just get about halfway through and watch the movie on youtube to get the rest.  They really turn into a grind around hour 30.

Hope that you don't have gamer OCD

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hope that you don't have gamer OCD

I definitely do.  I prefer games in the 20 hour range, that's the only way I'll finish them regularly.    

I thought you meant the game engine. I was all, what happened. Should be meteoritic fall, I think, if that's even a word. 

Meteor could apply if you think of hail

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Anyone able to explain why two Assassin's Creeds are coming out this year?

Essentially, its still early for the Current Gen systems, and the Last Gen systems still have a huge audience, so they had Unity focus exclusively on the current gen likely so they have an engine for further sequels, and they did Rogue for the massive audience that still exists on 360 and PS3. For all the single dollars.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Then I just don't understand why are you still spending money on these games O.o

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

SelJRK8.jpg

Triple-A.

If that's an attempt to put us off Romance....it almost succeeded :blink:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

SelJRK8.jpg

Triple-A.

If that's an attempt to put us off Romance....it almost succeeded :blink:

How dare you, Bruce?  How dare you look down upon, shun, and deny the same rights for love and romance to skinless people?  These poor skinless people suffer abuse and persecution every day and you, of all people, are going to add to their stigma?  That's it, I'm revoking your SJW card.  You are no longer welcome to drink the blood of murdered freedom at the weekly SJW meetings you traitor!  Now I want you to think about what you've done.

I'm also going to set up a Patreon account.  While this Patreon account is going to funnel money directly into my personal bank account, I want you all to rest assured that all the money from the account will be used to further the cause of helping skinless people advance their standing in society and will in no way be used to pay for my drinking habit and the services of prostitutes...  multi-ethnic, transgender, prostitutes naturally.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Been anxiously waiting to do viking raids for a while now. I'm still hoping that they will fix M&B system; a bunch of men trying to pass a small entrance isn't my idea of fun, it might be for some but not me...I need to cut down on the gay jokes they're bumming me out.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Then I just don't understand why are you still spending money on these games O.o

30 hours of entertainment is a great exchange for my money.  I'm not sure why that is hard to understand.  

Now I do tend to wait for them to go on sale, because I'm not really a fan of the yearly release model.  But that's because I simply don't have time to devote to one franchise, particularly one that is good but not great.

Well, if you get bored of the game, seems like you should stop bothering and watch it all on Youtube. Or wait for a deep sale.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, if you get bored of the game, seems like you should stop bothering and watch it all on Youtube. Or wait for a deep sale.

Dating is so much trouble you should just watch other people have sex. Or wait for the office holiday party.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Mount & Blade was (is still?) free on GOG.com.

Not free but you get 75% off the whole series, I've never played these games. Should I buy them...how would  you describe them?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes the vanilla Mount & Blade is still free, the expansions (Warband etc) are all 75% off.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Dating is so much trouble you should just watch other people have sex. Or wait for the office holiday party.

Sure. But if the series keeps demonstrating that it can't hold his interest long enough to finish the game off, it seems he should aim to save cash and do what he does partly anyway (Youtube) or try to pay an percentage in line with the amount he will play.

Or he could just finish the games. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra