RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I'd buy it. At least, thank god, they didn't call the N7 armor N10 or N11.

Me too, i could retire some hardware if that came out.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

For the fifteenth "extremely final" time eh

You do know where the name came from right? The creator had done a bunch of failed games and FF was his last try, if it failed he was leaving the industry, his Final Fantasy. Which turned out to be wildly successful so it didn't turn out the way he thought.

That's the joke

Well, now its a joke

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Team Fortress 2 with less arena shooter and more moba ability spam

Obviously they couldn't let Titan go down the drain without getting some money out of it

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Not my type of game but it does look cool.

Its now obviouse that Blizzard from certain point of time compltely rezigned on any other artistic style then cartoon :(

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

that's the main reason I don't play their games, not because they're unoriginal, but because they all look like a Disney animated movie, which is repulsing 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

cartoon graphics last longer without looking old

that said, there is an infinite variety in the way they can be done and I don't like the way Blizz does theirs either

in this game the thing I don't like, judging by the movie, is how the weapons feel, which is  a bit too much like toys

TF2 weapons may be more mundane but they're damn satisfying to use. UT had fantasy weapons but they were quite menacing. These look a bit too much like... pew pew

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Not to mention that stylized graphics almost always wind up being significantly less taxing on the hardware than striving for photorealism. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not like you can't add the game to steam manually either, then it's the same to most practical purposes as the situation now, launch a launcher to launch another launcher.

I am finding the butthurt generated absolutely delicious though. I may actually have to buy a Ubisoft game to compensate them for the entertainment gained.

Retailer-come-competitor though. So uh, probably betraying my lack of knowledge of the American retail sector, but it's like no longer selling Best Buy branded stuff at Wal-mart.

Toyota selling new cars at Ford dealerships so Ford gets 30% of Toyota's sales is the analogy I've always found illustrates why they don't want to do it.

Except that the Ford dealerships have much more exposure than the Toyota ones. Unless it's a game I'm actually following (of which there are very few, if any, Ubisoft ones) I'm bound to miss it (unless someone posts about it here). By ditching Steam I'm pretty sure they have seriously cut into the exposure of their lesser known games.

But hey, I guess they did the math and decided it was worth it.

Not to mention that stylized graphics almost always wind up being significantly less taxing on the hardware than striving for photorealism. 

Yes, that's true. 

I just wish they weren't so obnoxiously "positive" by design. As in: if you compare the original Starcraft zerg and the Starcraft II zerg, the latter look almost cute. As in WoW cute. The look of the first Starcraft, taking from its WH40K inspiration, is rather dark, almost horror like. The second one is practically WoW in space.

Cartoon graphics are like comics, you can use them to convey any atmosphere you like and the one they're predominantly used for is this extremely colorful, shiny, "everything is awesome" look which is so obviously made to appeal to everyone and ends up somewhat.. bland.

I should be impressed by Overwatch maps, they look very nicely designed... but I've seen all of it before already, across different games. The character designs are basically standard superhero action figures, muscleheads, chicks with huge ****, thin freaky guys etc. etc.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Not my type of game but it does look cool.

You know, there's a lot of something for nothing in that video.

In TF2 you have to sweat quite a bit to become a good rocket jumper with the soldier, to bounce enemies around, etc. Its not an easy skill to master.

Here, the rocket launcher character has a jetpack that they can presumably activate with a single button and something that looks like an ultimate ability where you basically spam an area with a dozen rockets.

Its a symptom of games giving up what used to be skill based gameplay in favor of whatever makes you feel cool with the press of a single button.

• Like 1

You know, there's a lot of something for nothing in that video.

In TF2 you have to sweat quite a bit to become a good rocket jumper with the soldier, to bounce enemies around, etc. Its not an easy skill to master.

Here, the rocket launcher character has a jetpack that they can presumably activate with a single button and something that looks like an ultimate ability where you basically spam an area with a dozen rockets.

Its a symptom of games giving up what used to be skill based gameplay in favor of whatever makes you feel cool with the press of a single button.

Or it's simply a different take on the genre, because not every game has to behave exactly like the ones they're imitating.

I guess it will be TF2 but more accessible.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess it will be TF2 but more accessible.

When i read accessible I for some reason connect it with dumbed-down, dont know why... (even tho I dont know how more accesible genre as TF could be)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I don't know if it will be dumb but there appear to be some extreme abilities in that game. There are also hard counters in TF2 and impossible situations for any of the classes but there are no "insta-win" special abilities.  Even the medic invincibility is manageable.

I don't like ultimate abilities that give you easy ways to cheese your opponent. 

Anyone able to explain why two Assassin's Creeds are coming out this year?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."