RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Well, if even Bethsoft is canning it due to its quality, then it probably was bad.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've considered this a dead project for years now.  When a project goes through the setbacks, wholesale changes, and rumors of cancellation that Prey 2 went through, the chances of it ever seeing the light of day are slim.  It's probably for the best, since the few projects with these kinds of troubled histories that have eventually released do not have a good track record of quality.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And the japs really need to move their teenagers beyond gay version of James Dean.

A part of me wants to say the graphics are pretty but I'm so worn out on pretty graphics that all I see is tedious running around.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The world looks pretty, but they definitely have some work left to do on that running animation.  That animation looks pretty bad, he looks like he's having a seizure while running.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, if even Bethsoft is canning it due to its quality, then it probably was bad.

Maybe, that was the game where the developer claimed that Bethesda were deliberately trying to bankrupt them by arbitrarily failing milestones and not paying them so as to buy them out cheaply, so there were definitely two sides to that story.

Maybe, that was the game where the developer claimed that Bethesda were deliberately trying to bankrupt them by arbitrarily failing milestones and not paying them so as to buy them out cheaply, so there were definitely two sides to that story.

Wait just a minute.  Are you suggesting a big publisher threw their weight around in an attempt to forcibly acquire a development studio?  How dare you, sir?  How dare you besmirch the good name of big publishers?

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

How did this drama end? Anyone taken to court?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Don't think there was any legal action though I'm not certain, a quick search suggests not. HH had no money to spare (which is one of the complaints about constructive bankrupting, the victim pretty much by definition has no money to make legal complaints with) and Bethesda... well, it's probably telling that despite HH refusing to work and seemingly quite clearly breaching contract by working on other titles there was no legal action from them despite their reputation for litigiousness.

(Or in other words it ended with both sides walking away from the contract, the work reverted to Beth and HH had no further obligation to them)

Edited by Zoraptor

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm really glad I didn't pledge to this game.  I mean, I hope it turns out to be great and will buy it in the future if it does, but I can't shake the feeling that Chris Roberts is biting off way more than he can chew here.  The track record of games that have tried to be jacks of all trades is not very good.  There are exceptions, of course, but more often than not when you tackle multiple game types at once you wind up with some, or all, of them being not very good.  Here's hoping I'm wrong.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

For the fifteenth "extremely final" time eh

You do know where the name came from right? The creator had done a bunch of failed games and FF was his last try, if it failed he was leaving the industry, his Final Fantasy. Which turned out to be wildly successful so it didn't turn out the way he thought.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm really glad I didn't pledge to this game.  I mean, I hope it turns out to be great and will buy it in the future if it does, but I can't shake the feeling that Chris Roberts is biting off way more than he can chew here.  The track record of games that have tried to be jacks of all trades is not very good.  There are exceptions, of course, but more often than not when you tackle multiple game types at once you wind up with some, or all, of them being not very good.  Here's hoping I'm wrong.

If this fails Roberts will be a hunted man :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It would be interesting if they had gone the way of crowd sourcing as well, having several thousand people participate in making the game as well. A true 'by gamers for gamers'. Then they could achieve this level of ambition (if they could handle the work flow). I hope to see something like that within my life time.

As it stands I to remain very sceptical about their chance of success. Or at least their chance of reaching the level of excellence they seem to be striving for (and selling the game on). I'm sure it'll be a great game on a lot of merits, but too many subpar aspects could destroy the overall experience.

Fortune favors the bald.

All the details are present in fashion throughout European history, just not in those particular combinations.

The 19th century military style was nothing if not pompous though, so I'm sure they would approve.

British Hussar (winter edition)

d8e775941dedfe353db65d9d34783b22.jpg

The traditional job og the hussars was to harry the enemy behind the lines. Surely they needed the extra edge provided by a ridiculous costume-uniform. Probably wouldn't wear that into battle though, what if it got damaged. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Dyack is at it again with Eternal Darkness Successor -- though he got the brilliant idea of wanting to make a tv-series and film alongside it.

I thought the concept they'd shown in their KS looked promising. Either way it appears that this is another company than the one that tried get the game funded through Kickstarter last year, Precursor Games seems to have "disappeared": http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/29/4782924/shadow-of-the-eternals-put-on-hold

Edited by marelooke

On one hand I'd love faithful remakes of old games in new engines, because honestly a lot of old games are aesthetically very difficult to play today.. on the other hand I find it deeply lazy of developers to do.

Hmm.. 

Fortune favors the bald.

Suck it up and deal with the old graphics. :p

It's a bit jarring sometimes (SMAC, Pharaoh and X-Wing are the ones for me), but eventually it fades. Nothing like being stuck with old tech for years and years to stop caring about graphics that much :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's not graphics, it's aesthetics, which is why I made the distinction. I love playing SMAC, pharaoh etc precisely because they are aesthetically very well made - a lot of old games (especially early 3d ones) aren't however and for them I would probably buy the remake.

Fortune favors the bald.

On one hand I'd love faithful remakes of old games in new engines, because honestly a lot of old games are aesthetically very difficult to play today.. on the other hand I find it deeply lazy of developers to do.

Hmm.. 

I'm not as harsh on video game remakes as I am movies, it's easy to watch a movie from 50 years ago compared to the effort of making a ten year old game work properly.  Most of these remasters are genuine classics so at the very least it puts them back in the public eye and maybe generates interest in gameplay styles that got bulldozed by first person shooters.

• Like 1