RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

These Gaider tweets are all brilliant. So, thanks for the entertainment? :)  If I were to be in his shoes, I'd troll over-the-top bitching and moaning in a similar fashion.

• Like 3

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

He's 100% right on those definitions. And, let's admit it guys, pretty much all of us were guilty of being THAT guy (or gal) at least once. :p

Not really, I just reasoned that their games weren't for me anymore and I didn't get DA2.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

These Gaider tweets are all brilliant. So, thanks for the entertainment? :)  If I were to be in his shoes, I'd troll over-the-top bitching and moaning in a similar fashion.

Its not brilliant, its sad. He makes games for these people so he must either like the treatment or he'd have jumped of a cliff a while ago. Or he's considering it and using twitter for therapy.

In either case, all I see is a man in need of a career change.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Its not brilliant, its sad. He makes games for these people so he must either like the treatment or he'd have jumped of a cliff a while ago. Or he's considering it and using twitter for therapy.

In either case, all I see is a man in need of a career change.

Gaider is a lot more smart and a lot more knowledgeable than the people who try to explain his job to him. And there's the funny gap, you see, which breeds the jokes like he tweeted. High balls of concentrated stupidity are coming his way all the time, now he simply strikes back some of those. Compared to the number of high balls of stupidity whizzing past him every single day, this is just a coffee break project, not a big deal.

I don't care about BioWare, I was never a fanboy, I have no intention of playing the next DA, never played Mass Effect (I read the story on a wiki to decide on playing), and I found their incoming co-op thingy also rather lackluster; and I have no love for Gaider, but he's not a fool. The people who are all over BioWare's games being NOT THE WAY I WANT THEM, now there we have a delicate cuisine of fools. Gaider simply enjoys the meal that is before him. Again, I would do the same. Change of career? He's fine, and having a great day writing tongue-in-cheek tweets. :p

---

There is only one proper punishment if you don't like what Gaider does: don't buy the games he's involved with. Everything else is chaff. :)

Edited by Endrosz
  • Like 4

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

"Its not brilliant, its sad. He makes games for these people so he must either like the treatment or he'd have jumped of a cliff a while ago. Or he's considering it and using twitter for therapy.

In either case, all I see is a man in need of a career change."

Why? Does the truth hurt you that bad?

\Just ebcause he keeps a job he';s had for over a decade doesn't mean he likes the abuse of scumbag posters such as ourselves. He likes making games, likes working for old/new bosses, likes the paychecks, and likes the oppurtunities.

You are one of those whiny douchebags he refers to. You proved him right YET again.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Its not brilliant, its sad. He makes games for these people so he must either like the treatment or he'd have jumped of a cliff a while ago. Or he's considering it and using twitter for therapy.

\Just ebcause he keeps a job he';s had for over a decade doesn't mean he likes the abuse of scumbag posters such as ourselves. He likes making games, likes working for old/new bosses, likes the paychecks, and likes the oppurtunities.

You are one of those whiny douchebags he refers to. You proved him right YET again.

QFT

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its low for a man to criticize his own audience, even when he's right about at least half of them. On the other hand, everything he listed on the tweets can, in fact be legitimate criticism. Sometimes a plot hole is a plot hole, a cliche a cliche and a cliffhanger a cliffhanger.

@Endorsz: as for his work, I don't think Gaider has been among the best talent in the industry since ToB. In fact I haven't bought anything he's worked on since NWN because of the way Bioware's writing has fallen into stereotypes. The "soft spoken reasonable Carth Onasi" comprises 80% of BW character stable. Sometimes the characters are so similar in the way they "behave" you could swear they're the same person. Of course that's not the case, its just the same pen writing them but being unable to give them a distinct voice.

I don't know or particularly care whether its Gaider's "fault" and it doesn't matter in the long run anyway. He may not be a fool, and the Biofans may be majorly annoying (my own stay on the Bioboards extended to three whole days, so maybe I don't know what the man has been through) but he's not proving to be any better by complaining about it on Twitter.

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"Its low for a man to criticize his own audience, even when he's right about at least half of them."

Nope. It's honest. You can't handle honesty. Something you have in common with feminists and SJWs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Its low for a man to criticize his own audience, even when he's right about at least half of them. On the other hand, everything he listed on the tweets can, in fact be legitimate criticism. Sometimes a plot hole is a plot hole, a cliche a cliche and a cliffhanger a cliffhanger.

I'm not sure he's criticizing his audience, he's criticizing the ones who aren't his audience but insist on crapping everywhere his work comes up. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Maybe there is some reason why these people are not his audience ;)

You either make fun of these people or try to listen to their comments, which might or might not be constructive and you get a chance to have broader audience, or you just make the fun out of them and might lose few loyals who think that some of these comments are constructive

Really hard to guess which choice is better for business :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You either make fun of these people or try to listen to their comments, which might or might not be constructive and you get a chance to have broader audience, or you just make the fun out of them and might lose few loyals who think that some of these comments are constructive

Yeah, trying to appease everybody always works.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I never felt like audience factored into it. It seems to be a sardonic criticism of people using words to mean things they don't.

I guess reading between the lines could produce some ideas about who or why, but that's not seeming to work out all that well, is it?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, trying to appease everybody always works.

where did i wrote about appeasing everybody? :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC now -- Not sure I'm gonna get it again but still awesome.

Holy ****, that's great news!  I never thought I'd see this on a non-Sony platform.

Edit:  Here's a non-Gawker link: http://www.pcgamer.com/valkyria-chronicles-may-be-coming-to-the-pc/

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC now -- Not sure I'm gonna get it again but still awesome.

Japan continues to bow to the wave of the future and tries to get a foothold on the PC master race. Is a glorious age.

Edit: Pc gamer is also on the BlackList last I checked.

Edited by Orogun01
  • Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra