Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So how old are you people then?

age poll gaming

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Age of PoE forum dwellers (266 member(s) have cast votes)

How old are you?

1. 15 or less (1 votes [0.38%])

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

2. 16-20 (10 votes [3.76%])

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

3. 21-25 (53 votes [19.92%])

Percentage of vote: 19.92%

4. 26-30 (90 votes [33.83%])

Percentage of vote: 33.83%

5. 31-35 (51 votes [19.17%])

Percentage of vote: 19.17%

6. 36-40 (22 votes [8.27%])

Percentage of vote: 8.27%

7. 41-45 (21 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

8. 46-50 (11 votes [4.14%])

Percentage of vote: 4.14%

9. 51-55 (3 votes [1.13%])

Percentage of vote: 1.13%

10. 56 or more (4 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

How long have you been a (computer) gamer?

1. 5 yrs or less (4 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

2. 6-10 years (20 votes [7.52%])

Percentage of vote: 7.52%

3. 11-15 years (47 votes [17.67%])

Percentage of vote: 17.67%

4. 16-20 years (73 votes [27.44%])

Percentage of vote: 27.44%

5. 21-25 years (59 votes [22.18%])

Percentage of vote: 22.18%

6. 26-30 years (38 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

7. 31-35 years (18 votes [6.77%])

Percentage of vote: 6.77%

8. 36 years or more (7 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Busmumrik

Busmumrik

Bounty Hunter of the Obsidian Order

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm 24 years old.

My first game was Wolfenstein 3D which my dad and I played when I was 4.

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2060 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Interesting to see that there are plenty folks around who┬┤ve been for a waaays longer time than others whole livetime!  :w00t:

I thought that was common in... earth... no? :p

Trogdor

Trogdor

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm 25 years old, thought the government claims I'm 33.

First gaming experience I had must have been when I was around 4-5 years old and played on my fathers Commodore 64. As I got older it was the Nintendo Entertainment System all the way...  was in ~91-92 or so my father got a 486 DX2 66 Mhz and I forgot all about that Nintendo. The graphics, gameplay, music, the story... it was all leagues ahead of consoles at the time. Gaming companies such as Sierra, Microprose, Origin and Bullfrog became instant favourties. First 'modern' computer rpg I played must have been the adventure-rpg hybrid series Quest for Glory. Got into Dungeons & Dragons in the late 90's by playing the paper and pen version with buddies... getting Baldur's Gate after that was a no brainer, and the rest is history..

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts

25. I first started gaming at about '95 when my mother had to take me to her office after picking me up from school. As you might imagine, I was bored out of my mind at that place and had too much pent up energy. So she went to one of her younger co-workers, who happened to have Marathon and Wolfenstein 3D clandestinely installed on his work computers that helped keep me occupied.

Another big formative gaming influence was my uncle who was (and remains) as big a gaming enthusiast as me. After he had played through some games he'd give them to me as gifts for Christmas or my birthday. Quite a few of them were combat simulators like Jane's F-15, Longbow, and TIE Fighter, but there were also some cRPGs among them like Betrayal at Krondor and the original Fallout.

Edited by Agiel, 12 November 2014 - 02:20 PM.

EvLokadottr

EvLokadottr

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I was scared of Grues.

I played ASCII Star Trek 

I played Tass Times in Tonetown a bit later, which like 3 other people in the world remember.

My sister and I managed to get past the "age-check questions" to play Leisure Suit Larry, though I had no idea what a condom was or why I would want it in plaid. 

I think our first machine was an Apple II.

Loarth

Loarth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

1400 baud was lighting fast when I started gaming ...

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I played ASCII Star Trek

My brother played that when I was like 4! I remember watching him play it, and I thought it was awesome, but decided it was beyond my ability to play, heh.

My sister and I managed to get past the "age-check questions" to play Leisure Suit Larry, though I had no idea what a condom was or why I would want it in plaid.

I actually never played any of those games, ever. But, my cousin had some Freddy Farkas (spelling?) games. They were kinda halfway between King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, from what I can tell.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
I've only played one Leisure Suit Larry title. Even worse, I've never played Betrayal at Krondor. :Cant's hiding icon:

Lephys

Lephys

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Everyone should play Betrayal at Krondor. Because it's awesome. I started replaying it recently (grabbed it on GOG). I naturally dropped it halfway through and started playing something else, but MAN is it awesome, :).

Forgot a ton of stuff for the first bit of my playthrough. Like how clicking on enemies BEFORE starting combat allows your party to prepare for them, and possibly ambush them when you DO enter combat (based on Scouting and/or Stealth skills, I think? I don't have the skills list in front of me, so I can't remember.)

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Okay, L, you've convinced me!  I can probably get it on good old games, so I'll play it sometime before the end of the year.  Just need to get a chance to finish off the last of bit of Wasteland 2, then I'm all in at Betrayal at Krondor.  Actually, we should have a thread to suggest GoG titles for youngsters and even oldsters like me who might have been busy serving overseas for a chunk of the late '80s/early '90s.

Lephys

Lephys

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
It may be in the manual, but there's certain stuff I seem to remember not being very clear, so definitely read a little about the mechanics. Things of note were the scouting (clicking on foes on-screen, within a certain range I think, before engaging them in combat), the AOE range on a given spell, etc.). There are a lot of little goodies in that game.

And FUN WITH RIDDLE CHESTS! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age, poll, gaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users