• 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-35
    • 36-40
    • 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56 or more
  2. 2. How long have you been a (computer) gamer?

• 5 yrs or less
    • 6-10 years
    • 11-15 years
    • 16-20 years
    • 21-25 years
    • 26-30 years
    • 31-35 years
    • 36 years or more

I played ASCII Star Trek

My brother played that when I was like 4! I remember watching him play it, and I thought it was awesome, but decided it was beyond my ability to play, heh.

My sister and I managed to get past the "age-check questions" to play Leisure Suit Larry, though I had no idea what a condom was or why I would want it in plaid.

I actually never played any of those games, ever. But, my cousin had some Freddy Farkas (spelling?) games. They were kinda halfway between King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, from what I can tell.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I've only played one Leisure Suit Larry title. Even worse, I've never played Betrayal at Krondor. :Cant's hiding icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Everyone should play Betrayal at Krondor. Because it's awesome. I started replaying it recently (grabbed it on GOG). I naturally dropped it halfway through and started playing something else, but MAN is it awesome, :).

Forgot a ton of stuff for the first bit of my playthrough. Like how clicking on enemies BEFORE starting combat allows your party to prepare for them, and possibly ambush them when you DO enter combat (based on Scouting and/or Stealth skills, I think? I don't have the skills list in front of me, so I can't remember.)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Okay, L, you've convinced me!  I can probably get it on good old games, so I'll play it sometime before the end of the year.  Just need to get a chance to finish off the last of bit of Wasteland 2, then I'm all in at Betrayal at Krondor.  Actually, we should have a thread to suggest GoG titles for youngsters and even oldsters like me who might have been busy serving overseas for a chunk of the late '80s/early '90s.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It may be in the manual, but there's certain stuff I seem to remember not being very clear, so definitely read a little about the mechanics. Things of note were the scouting (clicking on foes on-screen, within a certain range I think, before engaging them in combat), the AOE range on a given spell, etc.). There are a lot of little goodies in that game.

And FUN WITH RIDDLE CHESTS! :)