visual wishes

Hello!
Unfortunately I have no time to read the forum. Maybe my wishes have been expressed, or will be changed soon, if so, sorry for this post.

Most issues of mine are about the optics that break the immersion.

Please change the textures for the doors, is ugly.

69xX7r.png

Also, please add animations for opening and closing the doors when you enter them.

QFYBx3.pngibrpqs.pngb0I5FX.png

The Characters are standing too far apart.
This can be a problem on a bridge or narrow paths. Opponents can slip through these gaps and attack the mage.
I personally do not like the yellow icon when you click somewhere with the characters. The colour and pattern look out of place.
nhogak.png

I would replace the magnifying glass with the golden question mark of the infinity engine games. The magnifying glass reminds me of some sort of adventure game.
L4Z6Tj.png
Please replace the icon for lockpicking with the old symbol or a higher resolution. It doesn’t fit the art style of the other icons.

I would like to be able to leave the place from any point at a levelborder and not only at a handful of locations. Please also return to the gearwheel again, or revise the compass icon.

I am very pleased with the information texts for items in the game, but I would also like to see sketches of them.

2W6X4D.png
Why do the amulets and capes share a slot? This should be changed.

Also, more information about “classes” would be great, like which attribute has exactly what specialization in the class. And I also want to roughly know which kind of skills I can unlock. Not like now, where you don’t really know what you’ll get. For example, I would really like to know which attributes I need to skill to get a tank. Or which attributes I need to skill for two handed fighting. And not only skilling damage/health.  The same problem in the skills. I do not know what I get, if I put my points in Lore for example.  A rough preview or note function would be great.
mVzvEp.png0kOGdk.png

In addition to all these things the Hud needs to be redesigned. It seems that you tried to copy the Hud of Icewind Dale 2, but badly. Bind the skills bar directly over the static portraits. Or place the portraits perpendicular to each other and the bar next to it. Then you can also take advantage of the space and sort the spells by class directly. Right now it’s annoying with the constant moving skills for each character

• Like 11

You can change the party spacing so they stand closer together. Only issue though that the click location is off center.

• Like 2

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

You can change the party spacing so they stand closer together. Only issue though that the click location is off center.

Yeah this is really annoying.

It isn't that big a deal, you get used to it after a hour or so.

My wish is that they don't go overboard with spell FX.

You mean 
?

Oh yes, this is very important! I hope the old come in or something better.

I will answer why amulets ane capes share th same spot, they both clasp around ur neck area. Well thats my personal opionion and u know what they say about opionions :)

Say that to Mr. T : 212344.jpg

Thanks for the tip! I did not know that.

When I press on scouting button, then all characters sneak with me.

Is that a bug?

Is there an option, when you click on the character's icons that you go automatically to the character?

erlSgk.png

I know the system with the double click on the character portraits.

But I think that would give the little icons more sense.

Edited by Heinrich Bhaal
  • Like 2

I would like to be able to leave the place from any point at a levelborder and not only at a handful of locations. Please also return to the gearwheel again, or revise the compass icon.

I thought we already could. o_O

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

This sort of comment makes me think you haven't played the beta. No, you can't transition anywhere on the side of the map to another map. It's not like the IE games where you can click on any part of the map edge to go to another map. There are only certain points you can transition and your party has to walk up to one of those points. Similar to WL2.

While it works for WL2 because there's usually only one entrance/exit, it feels out of place with PoE. It doesn't make sense that I have to walk alongside the edge of the map, up to the transition point. There's no cliffs or anything along the edge of the map. It should be like the IE games and I click on the side of the map to transition to another map, unless there's something blocking my way like a cliff, water, etc.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II
  • Like 3

I haven't gotten to play a whole lot of the beta, so I haven't really tested that particular thing out. But, when I did play, if I moved my mouse cursor to the edge of the map (in a lot of individual locations along the edge of a map), it turned into a different, world-map-looking icon. I didn't know why it would do that, unless to suggest the change in function a mouse-click would have at that point in time... the function being indicated by the changed icon. Kind of like how mousing over a hostile shows a sword.

Was this, perhaps, in an earlier build? Or, perhaps the icon simply changed to tell you that was the edge of the map? (Weird, but okay.)

Also, I ask because I remember Josh (or someone -- Josh is usually the one sharing tidbits with us) commenting on this very thing, if not answering a question about it directly. I'll try to find the quote. I'm pretty sure someone asked if we'd have to transition only at certain points, and he was all "Nah, it's just map edge." *searches for quote*

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It's never been any different since the beta went live. The gorge map is a prime example of this. Nothing on the left or right sides of the map but you have to walk to one of these transition points. I'm wondering if it would be better to have these invisible locations become visible like with WL2. I'd like to know where these transition points are so I can run to them. But I'd like it to be like the IE games. For example, if I'm running away and out of sight of enemies, I'd like to be able to click on the side of the map and transition. Not for the game to tell me I need to now walk halfway down the side to transition.

Also, I'd like to be able to split my party and be able to keep some party members outside of houses while the rest of my party is inside. You can do this with WL2. In fact, you can have party members in different areas with WL2 such as the cave under the Prison and the first lot of Red Scorpions you meet outside at the start of the prison map. I think the WL2 dev's made the cave as a 'house' which is why you can have party members in it while having other party members outside, even though you could have come through the cave first which is what I do.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

No I don't mean spell sounds. I don't want over the top shinny NwN2 style spell particles/animations, that clutter the whole screen.

Oh, that you mean. These Asian Style? Everything explodes and is overloaded with effects? I do not need. Only the high level spell, it would underline in their effects.

Yes exactly. Maybe in a parallel universe. Where EA for each own franchise brings out a very good game.

It's never been any different since the beta went live. The gorge map is a prime example of this. Nothing on the left or right sides of the map but you have to walk to one of these transition points. I'm wondering if it would be better to have these invisible locations become visible like with WL2. I'd like to know where these transition points are so I can run to them. But I'd like it to be like the IE games. For example, if I'm running away and out of sight of enemies, I'd like to be able to click on the side of the map and transition. Not for the game to tell me I need to now walk halfway down the side to transition.

Also, I'd like to be able to split my party and be able to keep some party members outside of houses while the rest of my party is inside. You can do this with WL2. In fact, you can have party members in different areas with WL2 such as the cave under the Prison and the first lot of Red Scorpions you meet outside at the start of the prison map. I think the WL2 dev's made the cave as a 'house' which is why you can have party members in it while having other party members outside, even though you could have come through the cave first which is what I do.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I hope they remove the portrait in the inventory on the left side. And use the space for something useful. We have the small pictures on the right side.