Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

Can't we all just get along?

Old thread.

Any interesting developments, or are we all just here for the drama of bickering at one another? I haven't kept up with subculture discussion in some time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A girl has the audacity to have a different opinion!

Quickly, she needs to be re-educated, she has been brainwashed by the misogynists!

• Like 10

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

GamerGate is tainted with sexism. There are people with valid concerns about game journalism. But They are doing themselves a disservice by associating with the sexist of GamerGate.

As long as this association continues the concerns can be easily brushed aside.

• Like 2

GamerGate is tainted with sexism. There are people with valid concerns about game journalism. But They are doing themselves a disservice by associating with the sexist of GamerGate.

Sure, please point these people out and state their sexism. Nothing from Gawker and Vox media please, since they have been proven not to be neutral.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Feminism is tainted with sexism. There are people with valid concerns about hateful people. But They are doing themselves a disservice by associating with the sexist of feminism.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 6

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Interesting. Which ones are sexist? Are the accounts used by verifiable people, or are they under tags like "chatterwhiteman" or "I0wnzu242"?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She is probably a man who had a sex change!

And racial minorities just colored their skin, they're actually white dudes.

Feel the call of the neckbeard, my patriarchal brethren.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is true. But hard to avoid, given how easy it is to troll a hashtag, either the opposition or a third group.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This needs to be said again, as was stated at rpgcodex:

We come back to sincerity. One of the reasons people don’t like Anita is because they doubt her honesty. In one video she claims that she has been gaming since she was a kid. In another video she says she doesn’t play games. Which is it? Zoe Quinn says cheating is rape, and then cheats. Which is it? Brianna Wu is a developer that has deplored the depiction of female bodies in gaming, then makes a game with big-titted Barbie Dolls. Which is it? Phil Fish whines about the nastiness in gamer culture, then goes on Twitter rants where he ****s on everyone. Which is it? Leigh Alexander decries the current culture of nastiness in the gaming media, and then goes on to bully both men and women on Twitter, threatening to end their careers? Which is it? Jim Sterling claims to have received thousands of threats via social media, but a 10 second search reveals that he got exactly none. Which is it?

Why is it so hard to get the straight dope from these people?

Why is everyone so full of ****?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/worst-thread-ever-general-gaming-sjw-dumping-ground-currently-airing-gamergate.90469/page-367#post-3542787

I am still waiting for more entertainment from Wu. Has she been on Oprah yet?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

To Bruce from like 5 pages ago: The idea that someone need to leave the room whenever someone enters that behave poorly (instead of just ignoring them or stating that you don't condone their actions) is ridiculous, again suggest something that actually can happen, cause no one can keep track of jumping from one hashtag to another every ten seconds when a random troll types "I'll kill you lol" or the likes. I said this before and I'll say this again, if you want us to deal with harassment in others ways than we're doing, suggest ways we can actually deal with it, I'm not even asking that you hold yourself to your own impossible standards, or whatever sane standards you could possibly come up with, I'm saying that you either come up with a way we can deal with the issue that isn't worse than what we're doing, and isn't just effectively us shutting up and waiting for all trolls to vanish from the face of the earth.

Gamer culture is a zit. It is being popped.

That is all.

Thanks Walker.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gamer culture is a zit. It is being popped.

That is all.

No such thing. Instead there are random people enjoying RTS-games, driving simulators, RPGs, enjoy combative online shooters and so on. But suddenly some journalists claimed that they were one single culture, a sexist one, morphed into one race of white people who failed at life and this culture should die. Then the entertainment started.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

We come back to sincerity. One of the reasons people don’t like Anita is because they doubt her honesty. In one video she claims that she has been gaming since she was a kid. In another video she says she doesn’t play games. Which is it? 

She's been playing games since she was a kid. She also doesn't play the games she usually mentions in her videos. I fail to see the contradiction.

As for the gamergate's association with the MRA crowd, I'm pretty sure that whichever clown tweeted this has to be quite close to them.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

This is true. But hard to avoid, given how easy it is to troll a hashtag, either the opposition or a third group.

The first step would be to stop using that hashtag. When evidence of corruption in game journalism is presented it is important to state that you oppose sexism, threats and violence against feminist and gemedevs. Trolls must be starved.

Man, Volo is on his "A" game today. :thumbsup:

Yeah, he's back on my ignore list now. I don't want to waste even the tiny amount of time and energy required for scrolling through his posts on him and the meaningless noise he provides.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The first step would be to stop using that hashtag. When evidence of corruption in game journalism is presented it is important to state that you oppose sexism, threats and violence against feminist and gemedevs. Trolls must be starved.

True, I find that exceedingly silly though - prefacing comments or just randomly condemning what may or may not be present at the time. The bar for proof is so low I can just send Wu a nasty message and it would be attributed to #New_GamerGate, one can be invented or one can claim. Better to just tackle it person by person.

Heh, likely.

She's been playing games since she was a kid. She also doesn't play the games she usually mentions in her videos. I fail to see the contradiction.

Console games likely. Disgusting.

• Like 1

Lets go one further and provide a signed statement containing all the bad things in the world we stand against any time we speak up about anything?

How about I just speak about what I want to speak about and if some other person says a thing you don't like about a subject I'm not speaking about you go to them and not to me.

• Like 1

Man, Volo is on his "A" game today. :thumbsup:

Yeah, he's back on my ignore list now. I don't want to waste even the tiny amount of time and energy required for scrolling through his posts on him and the meaningless noise he provides.

Disagreement doesn't necessarily = noise.

And I wasn't dissing him with that comment. I like watching him smack stupid posts around.

• Like 4

We come back to sincerity. One of the reasons people don’t like Anita is because they doubt her honesty. In one video she claims that she has been gaming since she was a kid. In another video she says she doesn’t play games. Which is it? 

As for the gamergate's association with the MRA crowd, I'm pretty sure that whichever clown tweeted this has to be quite close to them.

That's preeeeetty thin.

Who are those two? and I see no gamergate tag.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That's preeeeetty thin.

Who are those two? and I see no gamergate tag.

You've never heard of DUCK ENLIGHTENMENT! Have you been living under a rock man! He is huge in the world of anons you've never heard of.

• Like 2