[301] Grimoire cooldown triggered by leveling up?

PrimeHydra

Question

Leveling up just prior to talking to Medreth, as a result of finishing dialog with him, locks out my wizard's spells once combat starts. In the tooltips for his spells I see "Grimoire Cooldown Active". Sure enough the little cooldown bar over his head prevents me from casting anything until the recovery time finishes.  Leveling him up does not reset the cooldown. You have to wait till it expires.

To reproduce this, load this savegame and talk to Medreth, completing the quest to level up the BB Wizard. Try casting a spell as soon as combat starts. Nope, gotta wait for the cooldown!  BB Priest can immediately cast spells after leveling, so I assume this isn't by design.

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

1 answer to this question

On a related note, it plays strangely to get the XP (and possibly level up) before finishing your fight with Medreth. Shouldn't the quest be completed only once you've dispatched him and his brigands? (In the case where they go hostile on you.) Leveling up your dudes at the start of a fight is a bit awkward.

It's like, if you lie convincingly and they leave, I can understand getting the XP then. But if you fail to do this, the battle should be an additional condition of completing the quest.

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)