I doubt there will be any specific tablet support but I think they have mentioned it worked on a Windows tablet

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64489-project-eternity-and-surface-pro-2/

Steam and I think GOG's new Galaxy thingawhatsit would take care of the cloud service portion

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Just keep in mind they're not designing for touch screens. You'll still need external peripherals.

(And the tablet obviously must have a FULL OS, Windows or Mac or Linux, NOT a mobile OS like most tablets have.)

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not very knowledgeable on tablet specs, but aren't 4GB RAM tablets something of a rarity and expensive currently? 4GB RAM is the minimum requirement published on Paradox'
"buy PoE" page: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/pillars-of-eternity-pre-order

BTW they should update https://eternity.obsidian.net/buy with these requirements too :)

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• 8 months later...

I just wanted to give a short (although veeery delayed) update: I ran the game on my Tablet and it was... "playable". The input worked pretty well, touchpad "one-mouse-button"-functionality wasn't bad at all and the shared savegames via Steam worked smoothly, as well. But during battles the framerate dropped so low, that I ended up playing in on PC, anyway. I think this was mostly due to hardware restrictions, since my tablet only has 2 GB of ram, which was kinda expected, since I didn't even meet the hardware requirements.

In the end I'm not really disappointed that I wasn't able to make it work the way I originally intended. PoE is kind of a "PC-y" game anyway and is in my opinion enjoyed mostly in longer sessions comfortably seated in front of a larger screen.

Btw: PoE is probably going to end up being my personal GotY 2015 and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys at Obsidian are going to do with your IP in the future. :facepalm:

• 1 year later...

Just for curiosity's sake: will there be any support for tablets?

And on a side-note: are there any plans for a cloud-service, i.e. sharing your savegames for different PCs?

Thanks in advance! :)

I am thinking the same thing. I recently discovered playing BG2 EE across my desktop and Windows tablet (using only the touch screen and Touch Mouse Pointer when I really need a cursor). I like being able to play in bed or if I've got CNBC on and play lightly on the tablet. Then when I want to do a 3 hour grind on my desktop I'll load the cloud save onto the desktop and continue where I left off from the tablet.

It is nice to not have to depend upon a mouse and keyboard for the times I want to play casually. And it expands the market onto mobile gaming. There could be a huge market for Pillars if it went multi platform to mobile devices like Android and iOS.