New build coming soon?

ctn2003

So any news on a new build? people altho are happy their working hard to make the game great, taking their time to roll out the new system from what i understand i have a feeling peaple might be getting im tade inpatient. Many still haven't been abel to go threw the bete still with all the bugs and all. :bow:

I don't know, I expect they will release one in a week or so, I just hope they seriously considering shifting the stats around again.  Before they were weird but made some level of sense.  Now they are down right counter intuitive and many are so small or situational it is hard to validate taking any of them over just more perception, might, or int.

• Like 1

Is it time to begin asking "are we there yet?" again? Are we gonna impatiently begin questioning developer profesionality and compare them to other developers as we shift unconfortably in our chairs grumbling aloud?

But yeah, about three weeks since last update. Lets just assume its gonna be a monthly update thing at this point.

• Like 2

I expect this patch will take a bit longer for some reason, ...

Well it has been quite a bit more quiet ever since the delay announcement. But on the other hand Obsidian has the bad habit of often announcing things less then 24 hours before they hit.

• Like 1

I barely tried the last update, thanks mostly to Wasteland 2. I'm now playing my second WL2 runthrough with a Supreme Jerk party. So I don't personally see a huge rush for the next PoE update. Especially when you consider that the release has been pushed back. I mean, how many times can we really play the same small section of the game over the next 5 - 6 months?

Sensuki, don't answer that! :p

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I have a feeling a lot of people didn't play the last build that much ... with all the reports of "wow it's so much better!"

It's actually a lot more broken (but a lot easier) :p

I also have the Serpent in the Staglands to play and it's kinda funny but combat speed is already better than Pillars of Eternity, they even have the BG1 pulsing animation :)

• Like 1

Yes didn't play this build much at all as even more broken than the last, and i'm still waiting for a kickstarter update to tell me the game has been delayed, as i'm sure there are a lot of backers who don't know yet.

I'm guessing it will be a while before a new build with how much there is to fix and improve just to get the beta to a playable state. Then there is the improvements feedback to work on, it would be nice to get at least another 2 build before the holidays.

• Like 1

I've never been able to finish playing this build- the ogre didn't spawn (!) and Dyrford Ruins are bugged to hell and just impossible (I've had two game-breaking bugs there). Looking forward to actually finishing the game in the next build :)

Have a very nice day.

-fgalkin

• Like 1

I have a feeling a lot of people didn't play the last build that much ... with all the reports of "wow it's so much better!"

It's actually a lot more broken (but a lot easier) :p

It looked much better the first time I played it, but over time it became buggier and buggier (weird stuff too, like Druid shapeshifting resulting in weird stuff in the inventory and a naked character graphics).

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I've decided to put this on the back burner for now regardless if new beta updates come out. I won't be playing it anymore until around Feb and I've already put in over 50 hours.  :blink: The beta is getting old and stale for me. My views haven't changed that much and if anything, Josh's two posts confirms a lot with the ongoing development. I'll still read the updates and follow the forums now and then. Obsidian are probably a good 6 months away and there's just too many bugs to report. Having too much fun with Wasteland 2 and this will tie me up for the next few months. :yes:

• Like 2

Wait 6 months? i though it was coming out in early 2015? like Jan or feb?

Starting tomorrow, last half of Oct, Nov, Dec 2014. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr 2015. Approximately Six months. I doubt it will be Jan or Feb. I'm thinking more end of March or April at the earliest. Also have to consider the Christmas holiday season when most of the Obsidian staff are off. So yes, I'm expecting another 6 months.

• Like 1