Old player, new to Forum

Hey all.

Figured I'dintroduce myself in the the vague hopes of finding someone to show me the ropes. I've played a lot of RPs including, both pen and paper and computer including, of course, the old classics Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights and so on. However I've never really gotten huge into the forum communities, not since forum based RPGing was a huge thing and I stopped playing regularly on NWN RP servers.

So, little about myself. One, I'm a historian (predominantly military). Two, I used to teach Western Martial Arts for a living and have studied several medieval and renaissance manuals. Three, like every RPGer on the planet I've been a GM for countless games (even briefly professionally) over the last 14 years. Four, I've just finished my Masters Thesis and now have a lot of time on my hands which I figured I'd commit at least a portion of that to investing in a community of something I love (RPGs) coupled with something else I love (something vaguely resembling human interraction). Recently I applied for work with Valve as a historical consultant (because hey, I've got to bring all this historical knowledge to the community somehow), so I'm hoping that maybe I might be able to find a way to become useful somewhere along the line.

I'm going to take my time exploring this forum and learning the ropes, but if anyone happens to want to take on an internet protege and or point me in the direction of threads I'd like/might be useful to, please feel absolutely free. It's a little daunting to try and join an already active internet community, especially when you're not sure if everything you have to offer is already catered for, but hey, can't hurt to try.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forums :)

You'll probably want to check out the armour and weapon designs thread:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65175-armour-weapon-designs-part-v/

(It's currently on part V - 4 previous threads reaching the forum limit of posts - and focuses on weapons and armour that are historically accurate or at least plausible within that frame of reference).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: