What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Alongside Amnesia, I've been playing some Mirror's Edge which I received as a gift a while back.

It's... cool. It's quite fun when things click and the adrenaline is up. But I must say that most of the time it feels more like I'm fighting the controls than working with them. Perhaps I just need more practice.

I remember feeling the same but by the end of the game I was throwing Faith around like a ninja  :biggrin:

Beat The Evil Within yesterday. A very enjoyable experience overall, a solid 8/10 for me. It's also worth noting how long the game is, it took some 18 hours or so to complete.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

It's the first "enhanced" edition of a game that I can say I one hundred percent approve.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So had a hankering to replay NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. Installed it, BSODed when Steam was doing its Microsoft NET Framework and DX9 malarkey. Finally got to character creation and couldn't hear myself think because the game still makes computers run stupidly hot.

Just let out a big sigh from that.

Sad. What a horribly inefficient engine.

So had a hankering to replay NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. Installed it, BSODed when Steam was doing its Microsoft NET Framework and DX9 malarkey. Finally got to character creation and couldn't hear myself think because the game still makes computers run stupidly hot.

Just let out a big sigh from that.

Sad. What a horribly inefficient engine.

Unfortunately, I am having a similar experience with Wasteland 2. My rig handles games such as Metro 2033, Alan Wake and The Witcher 2 smoothly, but when it comes to Wasteland 2 my graphics card fan starts roaring like a jet engine. I hope Project Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera are better optimized, because...you know...Unity!

Edited by Cat Food

Unless I'm just not seeing how, the CoD leaderboards are terrible.  I can't sort any of the categories, and I can't even see what my friends' current stats are for CoD.  Previous installments you just went to leaderboards, then scrolled through to find whichever category you wanted to compare.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm up to chapter 11 in Bayonetta 2.  If this game has as many chapters as the previous one, then I should be almost 2/3 of the way through the story.  The best part is that once I finish the story there's tons more game left.  A nice touch is that for tag climax, the co-op challenge mode, you can use a CPU partner as well as a human partner.  Not enough games include that option.  They pretty much thought of everything for this game.  They even improved the weird one-off levels which served the purpose of breaking up the fighting, but were frankly not very good.  They're much better in the sequel.  

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I used to be good at CoD MP.  Modern Warfare or Modern Warfare 2, I dominated.  Apparently I've forgotten everything I used to know about shooting in FPS.

Can't find a gun I feel comfortable with, can't seem to find any places on the map I feel comfortable with.  And maybe it's my imagination, but the newest CoD seems to encourage run and gun.  The long range weapons (ie. sniper rifle, assault rifle for range rather than quick shooting) seem useless.

Might just go play the SP campaign and not bother with the MP.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's not just the exo suits (though they don't help).  It's the map designs.  They seem to cater more for people who just like to run around full speed and hip fire at people.  You can't "hold down" sections of the map anymore because each building or room has a million entrances you can't cover.

Once in a while I like to use the sniper rifle to cover my team from afar.  But I find these latest CoD games are unforgiving if you play as a long range shooter.  Either the map has too many obstacles to give you a large view of the map from any particular vantage point, or the places to set up have way too many access points to safely set up as overwatch for your team.

Or maybe I just suck now.

I'm up to chapter 11 in Bayonetta 2.  If this game has as many chapters as the previous one, then I should be almost 2/3 of the way through the story.  The best part is that once I finish the story there's tons more game left.  A nice touch is that for tag climax, the co-op challenge mode, you can use a CPU partner as well as a human partner.  Not enough games include that option.  They pretty much thought of everything for this game.  They even improved the weird one-off levels which served the purpose of breaking up the fighting, but were frankly not very good.  They're much better in the sequel.

Man, I seriously need to buy myself a Wii U. It has great games, it's backwards compatible with the original Wii(Metroid collection, Skyward Sword...I have my eyes on you two!) and it has Bayonetta 2. I had so much fun with the original Bayonetta. It was hard but even after dying many times you were still tempted to give it another go.

• Like 1

Man, I seriously need to buy myself a Wii U. It has great games, it's backwards compatible with the original Wii(Metroid collection, Skyward Sword...I have my eyes on you two!) and it has Bayonetta 2. I had so much fun with the original Bayonetta. It was hard but even after dying many times you were still tempted to give it another go.

It's a great system, I highly recommend it, particularly if it's not going to be your only gaming system.  The Wii U's biggest weakness is the lack of cross platform games.  If you already have another system to cover that (PS4, XBone, or, like me, a gaming PC) then that doesn't matter.  The Wii U has, in my opinion, easily the best catalog of exclusives for the current gen systems (granted it had a head start).  Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner, maybe you can get one dirt cheap (assuming they do such things where you live)?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shadow of Mordor -- Alongside Stick of Truth, this might be my favorite game of the year so far -- The orcs all have entertaining personalities, and goals, thanks to the very intriguing concept of the Nemesis system. It makes the game constantly feel alive and fresh all the time while sure; There'll inevitably be repeating lines of dialogue between the different orcs but there are lot of them, enough to grant variety at least. The combat is quite literally a card-board cut out of Arkham, which is not surprising considering the publisher being Warner -- the controls are laid out exactly the same as the Arkham games too. You use the left bumber to throw knifes in combat (essentially being batarangs), and press the circle button to utilize your ghostly powers to stun the enemy, or whatever key it is for PC and Xbox.. But that's okay though, because the combat of the Arkham games are excellent and it's actually implemented quite well into SoM that makes it feel natural and intuitive, along with the occasionally jarring climbing mechanics of Asssasins Creed; The climbing have the same sensitivty problems of that franchise, haven't been sloppily carried over here as well.. It involves Talion basically doing what you didn't want him to do, like glombing an enemy you didn't want him to do, because you pressed the button commands in a wrong order -- In a somewhat similar fashion to say..  Splincter Cell Conviction, the problem lies in how most of the same buttons are set to various commands thus making the mechanics end up being a bit of a cluster**** at times..

Although, Morder, with the nemesis system alone. Is. So. Much. Fun.

I hope the last gen versions of Mordor are good. But it cames out same time as DAI and, if DAI turns out good, it'll be the priority.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The lag on CoD for the PS4 is ridiculous.  Most games, I've got one bar.  It's pretty obvious, too.  On my screen, I'll have shot the enemy 3 or 4 times.  But after he kills me and they show the replay, on the replay it shows him shooting me before I even have a chance to raise my gun at him.

I got a 1 bar lag maybe one time. Is your nat settings open?

It seems to be a PS4 issue.  I've read a few posts online about people complaining about lag.

I decided to go back to the traditional TDM (no exo suits).  I'm enjoying it a lot more.  If I wanted to play Halo, I'd play Halo.

Playing Destiny. My Titan is now level 25. The Vault of Glass raid just got unlocked but I have no idea how it works and I don't have any friends to play Destiny with atm. Just doing crucible matches, bounties and collecting Strange Coins and Motes of Light until Xur's next visit.

Edited by Cat Food

Finished Lords of the Fallen, there were surprisingly quite a few choices throughout the game, and they are shown to you in a Fallout-esque sequence at the end. All told I would say that the game is worth the investment, though the story disappoints simply because of its failure to seize on its own potential, I was personally never surprised at all by the narrative. The combat is however satisfying, and the progression is quite well balanced, though there are some enemies whom are rather cheap and irritating I feel that may have been down to the tactics I used not being suitable.

Good loot, samey dull environments, good character advancement, maybe slightly overpowered rune socketing system, art design very stylised and down to subjective opinion. Pick it up at a moderate discount and I think you should be happy with the purchase. Might be best to wait a while for the insect life to be dealt with first however, they're rather prolific at the moment.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Bayonetta 2 is soooo soooo goooooooood

I absolutely agree.  I haven't finished the story yet, I just reached chapter 14, so I should be really close, but once I do I will be nowhere near finished with the game, in fact, I'm just getting started.  Having not finished the story, I can't give the game a review just yet, but unless something goes horribly horribly wrong in the last 2 or 3 or 4 or however many chapters are left, this will easily be my GotY 2014.  Simply put, going by what I've played so far, this is one of the best games I have played, in any genre, ever.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Playing Destiny. My Titan is now level 25. The Vault of Glass raid just got unlocked but I have no idea how it works and I don't have any friends to play Destiny with atm. Just doing crucible matches, bounties and collecting Strange Coins and Motes of Light until Xur's next visit.

I believe you need 6 people to do that Vault of Glass raid, because you need enough people to occupy multiple platforms.  I haven't been able to do it either for the same reason (not enough friends playing Destiny).