What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Yeah, approx half an hour ago. Did it with 2 other human players and it was actually pretty easy. *Much* easier than the smelter demon. As far as I can see, the only boss left to kill in that DLC is this samurai dude. In theory he shouldn't be that much of a problem either. Got him down to approx 1/4 of his hitpoints already before he totally pwned me. Will try again tomorrow.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. I remember why I haven't played this game since it came out. Can't get through it. Just can't. I don't know what it is about Clear Sky that makes it feel so much inferior to Shadow of Chernobyl, but there it is. I could probably think about it for a little and come up with a bunch of reasons why, but...that sounds like work.

It's buggy, unpolished and feels kind of cheap? If you just follow the main story, you can easily beat it within a week. But there isn't much reason to play it if you don't like it as the game is pretty much an add on, set in the same location save for the added Swamp map, faction play and gear mods. The end game will also leave you scratching your head as it's quite poorly done.

I finally had some luck tonight in Destiny when it comes to weapons.  Usually when I get purple enygrams (sp) and bring them to the Cryptologist, they end up turning into blue weapons/armor.  Tonight I got a purple one that ended up turning into a yellow pistol, my first weapon of that color.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Icewind Dale. Exploring Lower Dorns Deep and then I'll be off to the Heart of Winter part of the game before I take the final quest.

How's pathfinding now? I'm going to be real disappointed if it isn't fixed come Icewind Dale II: Enhanced Endition.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Civ V. I reinstalled it, along with the Gods and Kings expansion to compare it with Civ BE while the latter is still fresh in my mind. Civ BE is either exactly the same or worse gameplay wise to my eyes but the presentation is infinitely superior in Civ V. 

The budget for Civ BE must have been equivalent to an expansion or less.

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

bTdZguD.jpg

Ah, sneaky. Though it would be impressive to tie the two games in tightly with each other like this - even though certain victories get locked out.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I kinda hate that BE doesn't have the same info/demo/ranking thing when the game is over. It's just exit or one more turn. However, I do like that you can keep winning until you've gotten all the victory types even though they feel kinda shallow with just the little text blurb.

Free games updated 3/4/21

bTdZguD.jpg

Ah, sneaky. Though it would be impressive to tie the two games in tightly with each other like this - even though certain victories get locked out.

That's been a victory type in Civilization since the first game. The science victory was to be the first to reach Alpha Centauri.

XCOM: Enemy Within.

I came to the council mission with the cryssalid infested ship way unprepared. 4 fairly experienced soldiers dead. Only the SHIV was fast enough to escape once the air strike countdown came up. Christ, I'll never do that mission again without both proper armor and basic laser weaponry

Just sacrifice a few recruits to go push the button and have the rest of the squad standing by to run back. Easy.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

That's been a victory type in Civilization since the first game. The science victory was to be the first to reach Alpha Centauri.

The button to launch the BE page on Steam, is the sneaky bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm up to chapter 12 in Bayonetta.  I figure I should be nearing the end of the game.  The boss fights in the game are really badass.  Generally, once I figure out all the tricks the boss has up its sleeve, it's a fairly easy fight, so long as my dodge timing remains good.  The first time or two facing the boss, though, I take a pretty good thrashing, on account of not knowing what I'm up against yet.  I should finish the game in the next day or two.  There will still be plenty left to do in the game, such as running through on a higher difficulty, getting better scores on each chapter, finding all the hidden challenge areas and mastering them, unlocking all the weapons and items, and so on, but I'm mainly interested in getting through the story entirely and jumping into the sequel.  I can do the extra stuff at a later time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They updated Destiny a few weeks ago to make purple engrams be purple or exotic, and not blue

About time, then.  Because I'd literally do a happy dance when I'd come across a purple engram, only to then rage when the Cryptark would transform it into a blue item.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I came to the council mission with the cryssalid infested ship way unprepared. 4 fairly experienced soldiers dead. Only the SHIV was fast enough to escape once the air strike countdown came up. Christ, I'll never do that mission again without both proper armor and basic laser weaponry

I forget which armor it was, but it was the one that allowed a ridiculous amount of moves per turn for my guys.  It also took a lot of damage.  I equipped my entire team with that and the retreat was relatively easy.  None of the bad guys had enough moves per turn to reach my guys on my way back to the extraction zone.

Just sacrifice a few recruits to go push the button and have the rest of the squad standing by to run back. Easy.

You heartless monster.  No one gets left behind.

/slams fist on desk

//patriotic music play

///American flag transposed in the background

////an Eagle flies behind me

No one!

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Plus SHIVs cost 50 simoleons. Rookies only cost 15. The council wishes to extract maximum value for money.

I promised myself I'd buy an Alloy/Hover SHIV right after my first regular one dies. I think the thing has reached sentience and heard me, because no matter how often I put it almost deliberately in harm's way by having it trigger the most alien encounters, the damn thing refuses to die. Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

I used SHIVs to walk point, well that was until I got God Snipers.