What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Finished the P.T. Demo -- Really good stuff. The only problem I had was with the demo's final puzzle where its nonsensical logic to its solution was about as straightforward as a cow's digestive system. 

• Like 1

Dreamfall Chapters was great!

+There are lots of things you can look at for flavour text -- most items have at least 2-3 different descriptions.

+Europolis is really well done. It's packed with people, and you can eavesdrop on a lot of ambient conversations.

+The voice acting is great! They had to re-cast Zoe, which worried me... But the new actress is spot on! Kian? He's good, but doesn't sound like the old VA at all.

+Dialogue is good(witty, diverse, funny at times), and conversations have many options.

+Puzzles are fairly straightforward. There are even dialogue puzzles(ie: You can't just click every option and expect to progress!).

+It's about 5 hours long, and is only part 1 of 5.

+The art direction is great.

-Some people have had FPS problems. 

-It's only part 1 of 5(expected release date of #5 is September 2015).

-Europolis is confusing to traverse, at least for me. Even with the map kiosks, it was a pain to find where I was going(no compass, no personal map)

Overall, it has lived up to my expectations. If you liked Dreamfall, you will probably like this.

Now I'm off to play Beyond Earth, which should be interesting... I haven't played a Civ game since 3.

Edited by Noviere

Alien: Isolation

Did I mention this game keeps going and going? Anyway, I bet I'm near the end. Have most of the upgrades, including the torch and access scanner. Any time now...

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Alien: Isolation

Did I mention this game keeps going and going? Anyway, I bet I'm near the end. Have most of the upgrades, including the torch and access scanner. Any time now...

Yes you did mention that but that's a good endorsement to play this game because it seems like real value for money

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Really enjoying the last chapter of the Punisher, the plot has come together in a very satisfying manner, the violence is still highly entertaining and I have to say Mr Thomas Jane as the Punisher really delivers. His voice acting is superb, in fact i'd rate it above his televised acting performances. The gentleman really does bring his A game to the audio booth.

Highly enjoyable.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Really enjoying the last chapter of the Punisher, the plot has come together in a very satisfying manner, the violence is still highly entertaining and I have to say Mr Thomas Jane as the Punisher really delivers. His voice acting is superb, in fact i'd rate it above his televised acting performances. The gentleman really does bring his A game to the audio booth.

Highly enjoyable.

Nonek you do realize that game is misogynistic, my advice is stop playing it immediately...delete it from your  PC and never ever mention you enjoyed playing it !!!  ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.phonopath.com/

WARNING: Requires Audacity (or some other audio editing program) to play.

Pretty cool idea for a puzzle game. Unfortunately, I've always really sucked at understanding words coming out of regular people's mouths under even normal conditions. So...yeah, I really suck at this. :<

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Highly enjoyable.

Nonek you do realize that game is misogynistic, my advice is stop playing it immediately...delete it from your  PC and never ever mention you enjoyed playing it !!!  ;)

I shall certainly give your advice all the weight that I usually do Bruce.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Who's got two thumbs and a copy of Bayonetta and a copy of Bayonetta 2?  This guy.

Double the misogyny!  Double the fun!

bayonetta_2_by_endless_1-d76cojl.gif

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Replaying Arcanum. This game is such a mixed bag.

On one hand, the combat, dungeons and some of the writing are absolutely terrible. Like... just awful.

On the other hand, character creation, roleplaying, some other writing, the world and background are *fantastic*. I'd also forgotten how cool some of the lore books in this game are. The book on how the technologists tried to re-animate an Orc, only to have the Orc try to rip the face off the inventor are just... they're great to read. The world is just genuinely interesting, moreso than I could remember.

Some of the things you do in-game become fun just by how you do them in context of the world. Many RPGs have the "find this character" quests. In Arcanum, what do you do? You go to the Hall of Records in Tarant and look up where they live. Very simple gameplay, but a perfect example of how putting a simple twist on something can make it more fun. You can get telegrams. Telegrams! How cool is that?

And I love the bits about finding the books on Tsen'Ang, the slight Lovecraftian feel to it, with the Victorian flavour. Or digging into the Panaari religion. All that stuff is just awesome to me, and much more interesting than what we're usually charged (or how we're charged with them) with in RPGs.

It owes so much to the setting and shows how much impact it can actually have to have those things we often end up doing in RPGs wrapped up in a different context/feel. It can mean the world sometimes. I hope PoE will have *some* flavour as well though it's set in an "earlier" age than Arcanum (well, they're different universes but you know what I mean).

It's just a shame that Arcanum also has the Black Mountain Clans, the Hardin's Passes, the Stringy Petes (sooo silly), the various sewers and the seemingly endless ultra-boring random encounters as well.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 2

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

On one hand, the combat, dungeons and some of the writing are absolutely terrible. Like... just awful.

On the other hand, character creation, roleplaying, some other writing, the world and background are *fantastic*. I'd also forgotten how cool some of the lore books in this game are. The book on how the technologists tried to re-animate an Orc, only to have the Orc try to rip the face off the inventor are just... they're great to read. The world is just genuinely interesting, moreso than I could remember.

I consider Arcanum's main story to be the best cRPG story. Tim Cain really has a mind for "different", whether it's Fallout, Arcanum or Bloodlines. I converted the game into a tabletop RPG campaign, it's setting, lore, and story is so amazing. Arcanum is one of only three cRPGs to have the honor of being converted for tabletop by me.

But yeah, you really have to suffer through some horrible gameplay to enjoy that story. Especially if you're a tech character, carrying all that **** around and still having everything worse than the magical equivalent.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Pff, playing a technocrat is the most fun. Especially if you only wear a suit and tophat. Only later, after you crafted it by yourself, you are allowed to wear the steam powered armor with a top hat.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

With so many games being remade these days, many of which, in my opinion, have no need to be remade whatsoever, Arcanum is right at the tippity top of my list of games I desperately wish would be remade/rebooted.  As said, the writing and the setting are so so good.  The actual gameplay is so so bad.  Never mind a graphical upgrade (not that I would mind one), just remaking the game exactly as it was, but with non-complete utter **** combat and balance that was at least somewhat sane would make me squeal with delight.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't really get the hype about Civilization games. I've tried Civ 3, Civ 4, and Civ 5, all with their latest expansions...and I would say that I liked Civ 4 the best, but that all of them always feel pretty danged shallow, and have weird gameplay mechanics that don't make any sort of historical sense.

I also hate randomly generated worlds/maps, so that might be a related factor. I wish they'd make some sort of official "Realistic Earth and True Start Locations" map. I've tried some of the mod-added ones, but they always feel really off and weird to play in.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Vernon Roche is in Dreamfall, excellent. Also that opening scene was a bit of a downer, though it will be reversed I suspect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got my Titan up to level 20 in Destiny.  Now I've got one of each class leveled up to 20+.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.  After reaching level 20, it's a bit of a tedious grind to find blue or purple (or gold, if you're lucky) weapons and armor.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)