What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

The first fight would be the optional one.

I don't remember the one after Smelter at all. Hmm...

After Smelter Demon is the Old Iron King, and then Fume Knight if you got the DLC (lol don't get me started on the Fume Knight, literally 75 tries to bring him down, and that's with using summons).

If you return to Smelter Demon's location then pursuer shows up. You also get to fight 2 pursuers at the same time after you kill the last boss and go back to the throne room in Drangleic Castle

How is the DLC? I'm really thinking about getting it.

And are you telling me that it's integrated into the game's normal progression?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you like the main game you should consider buying the DLC. Easily best level and boss design in Dark Souls 2. It's integrated into the game's normal progression and it does feel like you are being send on a quest by a certain character (only if you speak to him of course).

Edited by Bendu

You defiantly get your money's worth with the dlc, each additional area could easily fetch 10+ hours due to the exploring and puzzles. Enemies hit harder too. There's also better opportunities to farm petrified dragon bone and twinkling titanite; required for upgrading teh epic weapons

Reinstalled Empire: Total War with DarthMod. Had to satiate my Imperialist colonialistic urges.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I started Alien: Isolation and it gives an incredible first impression. Graphically I forgot last gen was this capable. It's building up good expectations from the start with little environmental details you can play around with, a long atmospheric opening even before any enemies are found, and promises of metroidvania openness with locked doors I won't be able to access until later.

Have you come across any tedious areas yet?  One of the reviews I read said that the good parts were dragged down by a bunch of walking around with nothing happening.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I started Alien: Isolation and it gives an incredible first impression. Graphically I forgot last gen was this capable. It's building up good expectations from the start with little environmental details you can play around with, a long atmospheric opening even before any enemies are found, and promises of metroidvania openness with locked doors I won't be able to access until later.

Have you come across any tedious areas yet?  One of the reviews I read said that the good parts were dragged down by a bunch of walking around with nothing happening.

That's what I was referencing positively as the long atmospheric opening.

So far all I've done is seen a few lights go out, turn on the power in a few places, and read journal entries. Nothing has happened. I've played almost an hour.

• Like 1

Oh man, I just found out how useful my shield in DS2 is. Blocking doesn't even drain that much stamina anymore. Guess because I leveld the stats up. When I tried shields the first time it was rather... underwhelming. Now even that huge sword whatever monsters aren't a *that* huge threat anymore to me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The problem in my opinion with Isolation is that it tries so very hard to be a proper "Alien game" that it sorta... I dunno. It feels fanboy-ish in parts. Of course there is a slow opening, because that's what Alien has, DUH! Never mind that the slow opening in Alien had... well, it set up the characters, it created the tension and relationships with the characters. In Isolation, it amounts to walking around dark areas where things go "clang clang" in the background. It didn't succeed in raising any tensions afaik, it's very predictable.

Also, since the game wants to be an authentic Alien experience so bad, the video-game bits stand out like a sore thumb in a rather bad way. The whole "oh here's a door, but you need a particular piece of equipment to get through *that*, and to get *that* piece of equipment you have to jump through a bunch of other hoops (including finding other door-opening trinkets). Ripley will get frightened by the Alien in a cutscene but there is zero remorse/fright once you kill humans. Synths (the Working Joe enemies) look really uncanny valley and scary because... well, there is an in-game reason but it's so *obvious* that they designed them that way just to spook the player.

I dunno. I don't really wanna bash the game in one way because it's so obvious that the devs really wanted to deliver something authentically Alien. The game is *beatiful* and feels very much like the first movie. The audio is excellent. But sometimes it's downright fanboy-ish, and it really hurts the game in my opinion. It's like they tried soooo hard to get the Alien bits right and then they suddenly remember that they had to design a game around it also.

When the game really works, it shines (you will certainly have a few memorable moments with the alien), but most of the time I was sorta disappointed by it. It's tense at times but not scary. And it gets downright annoying later on once you have seen the alien a lot and have gotten killed by it a lot.

It's worth experiencing I suppose, many people seem to like it a lot. I think Amnesia is a *far* better horror game though it we're gonna compare with other games.

I haven't finished the game though so take it with a grain of salt.

As for me, I just completed Expeditions: Conquistador and it was a bloody marvelous game. Really hope they'll make another one.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

A little disappointed with New Game+ in the Last of Us.  I was expecting to carry over my inventory from the previous game, but I'm back to starting the game with one pistol.  The only thing that carries over is my character's upgrades.

I was looking forward to using my flame thrower early on on the mobs of zombies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's worth experiencing I suppose, many people seem to like it a lot. I think Amnesia is a *far* better horror game though it we're gonna compare with other games.

I haven't finished the game though so take it with a grain of salt.

I think this one will end up having more replay value, however. I did a second playthrough of Amnesia and it was rather uneventful because it's so scripted and the enemies are so dumb. The alien is actually pretty smart.

That's what I gather from the videos I watched anyway. It's a bit too pricey for me at the moment.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Just finished Isolation. On the plus side it looks very pretty. A reason to start thinking about getting a VR kit. The Oculus is still a ways off but the SDK kit is here and supposedly very capable and not that expensive either. The scares get old after a while, unavoidable really, which makes me think they should have stepped things up for the last third of the game and given you a weapon capable of taking down an alien. You only have a very limited pool of weapons even capable of scaring one off. Sneaking around isn't fun if you are forced to do it all the time. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Oh man, I just found out how useful my shield in DS2 is. Blocking doesn't even drain that much stamina anymore. Guess because I leveld the stats up. When I tried shields the first time it was rather... underwhelming. Now even that huge sword whatever monsters aren't a *that* huge threat anymore to me.

Got the next mini-boss down. Some slow guy with a hellebarde. He was quite easy with blocking and waiting till he attacks me. Much easier than the puruser in any case. Though even he doesn't seem to be that impossible anymore now. It's just that I find it very hard to dodge him. Everyone writes about using the balliste to get him down, but in reality that really isn't so easy. Guess I will have to figure out how to party his attack to stun him...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Encountered three bugs in my Alien run last night. None gamebreaking, all kind of weird.

First one is in the second encounter with the alien. You have to hack a door and he's stalking in the vents. Well, I hacked it and the moment I did out he comes. I rush through the door and start pounding away at the controller to use the elevator. It takes a while before the option even appears, and immediately after it works, I get stabbed through the back by the tail.

During the loading screen I was debating whether that was scripted and I'd be dealing with it on the next level or it if was a bug and I'd end up dead while loading. Thankfully there was no death, but it wasn't intended behavior.

Got into combat with an android I couldn't see. Turns out he was in the next room over running into the wall between us. I got an achievement for escaping that combat without any damage.

I also encountered a couple fresh-in-box androids in a storage room. Combat music starts up, I figure I'll hide in a closet just to see what happens. A couple seconds in, an androids yanks me out of the closet, I do the QTE, and pull from its grasp. It immediately drops all hostility and then walks back to faceplant against its now empty, but still sealed, glass case. I could do no damage to it.

Pre-expansion patch in WoW, so will enkoy seeing more people on my server and getting ganked a lot. Lots of changes too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Borderlands Pre Sequel while loading up Evil Within. I still need to finish up Alien, and Mordor, and Dark Souls 2 DLC. Too many games! Next month will be even worse

Does it still only have multiplayer coop. No deathmatch ?

All borderlands have arenas where pvp can happen, they're just scattered around and you have to find them

Continuing on in my playthrough of Child of Light after taking a break from it as my girlfriend completely fell in love with the game and powered through it.

What a lovely little game it is, absolutely gorgeous to look at and the gameplay is pretty fun also. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the crafting system which is rather basic and sorta time-consuming and boring to deal with. Other than that, it's wonderful for what it aims to do. Really charming game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My mistake there is PVP, it's just so bad that no one uses it. Maximum of 4 randomly allocated players can play deathmatch, no lobby. Once battle commences you have to manually force attack.

just..... how they managed to miss a chance to create a real multiplayer experience that would do wonders for the brand and the series I do not understand.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

People play Borderlands to wander around and shoot endless monsters and loot guns. I mainly just solo it myself. I originally thought the first big boss in Pre-Sequel needed co-op to kill because he was so op, but all I needed to find was a decent sniper gun and he went down easy. I just wish it was more like Destiny where you can run into other players wandering the wasteland