What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Pharoah right now. Calming game.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still doing Dark Souls 2. Can't believe that I am still sticking with it.

Just beat the last of that giants boss monster. It actually wasn't that hard. But the next boss right around the corner totally pwned me of course. Meh.

I like the look of the armors so far. They look heavy and stuff, which I love quite a bit. Hopefully I am going to find something fancy with a huge cape or fur or something later. Coz that's how I usually roll.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Got Expeditions Conquistador as part of a really, really cheap bundle.

Why on earth haven't I played this before? I almost feel ashamed that I got it for such a cheap price.

Because you never listen to us? We were talking about how awesome it is on both forums that we have in common :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just beat the last of that giants boss monster. It actually wasn't that hard. But the next boss right around the corner totally pwned me of course. Meh.

I like the look of the armors so far. They look heavy and stuff, which I love quite a bit. Hopefully I am going to find something fancy with a huge cape or fur or something later. Coz that's how I usually roll.

You can skip The Pursuer until later, though you can find an armor with a fancy cape after beating him. To be fair, he is the hardest boss until Velstadt (if you skip the Belfry Gargoyles, who are optional).

Edited by Bendu
  • Like 1

I just completed Stick it to the Man. The concept with mind reading and stickers was farily simple, but that was what I wanted and expected. Now playing inFAMOUS: Second Son on PS4, Styx: Master of Shadows and Costume Quest 2 on PC and finally, returned to Yakuza 4 on PlayStation 3.

• Like 1

You can skip The Pursuer until later, though you can find an armor with a fancy cape after beating him. To be fair, he is the hardest boss until Velstadt (if you skip the Belfry Gargoyles, who are optional).

Tried to ignore him for now, and walked to that lighthouse whatever area with the huge whatever monsters. Now I can beat maybe two of them if I keep calm, but then that's it again. Also I totally really, really, really, really hate all the backtracking in this location. There is no fireplace around, so everytime I die, I've got to walk that loooong way from the city down the tunnels and further, just to get beaten up by the huge whatever monsters again. That's draining my motivation a lot right now. The mobs aren't that hard, but you totally have to learn the movement and stuff, and I totally lack the required skills with controllers.

Maybe I should buy a truckton of crossbow bolts and lame it out from the distance, in the hope to see a new fireplace at some point.

This game really is addictive, but I just hate that "learn the maps" kind of stuff. Also a part of me is yelling "just quit that shait" all the time.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

First Pursuer fight has a shortcut; parry him with your sword to stun him at the entrance and then run to one of the balistas on the other side and fire two shots to kill him. It takes a few tries because if you miss that first parry you're as good as dead.

This jerk returns in Iron Keep after the Smeltor Demon, and you have to fight him 1 on 1 with no shortcuts, and he is still brutal even to a level 150, my fight with him there ended in a double KO which meant I was unable to collect the Ring of Blades +1 he dropped, grrrrr

Edited by Bokishi

The first fight would be the optional one.

I don't remember the one after Smelter at all. Hmm...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The first fight would be the optional one.

I don't remember the one after Smelter at all. Hmm...

After Smelter Demon is the Old Iron King, and then Fume Knight if you got the DLC (lol don't get me started on the Fume Knight, literally 75 tries to bring him down, and that's with using summons).

If you return to Smelter Demon's location then pursuer shows up. You also get to fight 2 pursuers at the same time after you kill the last boss and go back to the throne room in Drangleic Castle

Reading that, I just want to cry.

Actually, you just want to learn to dodge. :p Keep your equipment load at 70 % or less to have a proper roll by either raising the vitality stat or wearing light armor. Go for the Alva set (spend 15000 souls with Maughlin in Majula so he restocks his goods).

Edited by Bendu

First Pursuer fight has a shortcut; parry him with your sword to stun him at the entrance and then run to one of the balistas on the other side and fire two shots to kill him. It takes a few tries because if you miss that first parry you're as good as dead.

This jerk returns in Iron Keep after the Smeltor Demon, and you have to fight him 1 on 1 with no shortcuts, and he is still brutal even to a level 150, my fight with him there ended in a double KO which meant I was unable to collect the Ring of Blades +1 he dropped, grrrrr

The 2nd encounter is much easier with the drangelic shield or equivalent (100%dmg reduction).

Just block, strafe and hit him from behind...rinse & repeat

• Like 1

Returned to Wasteland 2 and finally figured out why the game was so unplayably sluggish: the shadows! Apparently Unity has really really really badly optimized shadows. I'm convinced turning off shadows entirely will fix the performance issues I had in Divinity: Original Sin as well.

And here I was putting off on playing these two games because I thought something was wrong with my laptop while it's just Unity suckage (presumably only happening on Intel graphics cards). I *knew* it didn't make sense that these two games were giving the machine trouble while games that are presumably much heavier on graphics run without a hitch...

Ugh. Well, making good progress in Ag Center now. Yay \o/

Edited by marelooke

It's not just Unity, though Unity may be a particularly egregious offender.  Shadows tend to be one of the biggest resource hogs in games in general.  I remember I couldn't get NWN2 to run with shadows on until like a couple years ago when I finally had a card with enough brute force to overcome the insane performance drop.  Back when I had a more modest GPU, shadows and AA were the first things I always turned off if I was having performance issues.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shadows do tend to crave a lot of power, but it's not just that. Sometimes games (or maybe the engine in this case) *are* just poorly optimized. I was playing Alien Isolation over at a friend's house and his rig is slightly worse than mine. Isolation ran like a *dream* with pretty much everything turned up (think only one setting was down from the highest) while WL2 runs a lot more sluggish on my slightly better machine.

And the graphical difference is... kiiiiiinda big.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I started Alien: Isolation and it gives an incredible first impression. Graphically I forgot last gen was this capable. It's building up good expectations from the start with little environmental details you can play around with, a long atmospheric opening even before any enemies are found, and promises of metroidvania openness with locked doors I won't be able to access until later.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The 2nd encounter is much easier with the drangelic shield or equivalent (100%dmg reduction).

Just block, strafe and hit him from behind...rinse & repeat

Shields don't block the cursed blade tho, you have to dodge