Looking for an online gaming group!

PoisonWar

Well that was fun, but by the end, I had enough of Ezekiel to last a lifetime  :lol:

And of Mary too I'd wager. :p

Well, Ezekiel was an actively terrible human being. Mary was merely dumb, but harmless.

Although I'd hazard the guess that Mary is about as representative of the average woman as Ezekiel is of the average Catholic  :lol:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm rather proud of the "running commentary in the chat window" idea, because it gave something to do to the inactive characters, without making the game devolve into an incoherent shouting match.

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I think I failed to articulate one of the biggest differences between OD&D - and, by extension, the games that seek to emulate its playstyle, including DCC - and later editions like 3.X or 4.0.

Namely, that there's no such thing as a perception roll. You automatically get all information if you ask for it. The game kind of expects the GM to first describe a place in vague outlines, and the players to ask questions that help them gain information crucial to decision-making. Everything is hyper-deadly, but the serious threats are usually highly telegraphed. Most of the gameplay's supposed to be this ongoing dialogue where you build up whatever information you need in order to make a decision that makes you rich (or, at the very least, helps you survive), punctuated by occasional explosions of brief, but incredibly brutal action. It's a very different paradigm than even 5E's (which is actually a lot closer to oldschool sensibilities than the previous three editions preceding it).

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 1

Yeah it took me a while to realize how this was a real "dungeon crawl" (is that the right term?). Next session my characters will hopefully have a better survival rate.

Edited by Marky

Yeah it took me a while to realize how this was a real "dungeon crawl" (is that the right term?).

In a sense, yes, although I can imagine some purists quibbling over the fact that it wasn't, strictly speaking, a dungeon.

I still find it funny how Team Creepy got through all that with literally a few scratches. :D

Yeah.. **** that! If it wasn't for Charleene team creepy could have been the only survivors.... Or you know... nobody would have died... Take your pick xD

Not to unduly influence you or anything, but the halfling racial class is pretty cool. You get dual-wielding goodness and the ability to spend luck to boost others' rolls.

Well, nothing's keeping me from keeping all of my guys alive, right?

Frankly I want Guy to live through it no matter what. Seeing the courier and the halfling taking adventurer classes would just be extra hilarity.

Also, a drink to Dan, the beertender who hated wine.

Not to unduly influence you or anything, but the halfling racial class is pretty cool. You get dual-wielding goodness and the ability to spend luck to boost others' rolls.

Well, nothing's keeping me from keeping all of my guys alive, right?

Frankly I want Guy to live through it no matter what. Seeing the courier and the halfling taking adventurer classes would just be extra hilarity.

Also, a drink to Dan, the beertender who hated wine.

And to Finn, the Vintner who hated beer.

• Like 1

So my PC is kind of misbehaving. Situation seems to be under control for the moment, but if I'm not in the game by, say, 21:30, tops, it's very likely that the problem's more persistent than I thought.

Killing Skype seems to have solved it, though, so don't freak out if you can't reach me there.