Wasteland 2

Rosbjerg

I think I'm going to hold off a few weeks on playing this.  The game is in rough shape.  I've had the game crash at least 30 times so far.  It only crashes during loading or unloading (entering a new area, loading a save game), but it's still extremely irritating.  I've had the game crash 3 times in a row trying to load a save game.  It's not worth dealing with.  I'm just going to have to put my current playthrough on hold for now.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Been taking it nice and easy doing every quest I can find in AZ. Higgin's two dogs Zeus and Apollo are still alive and sticking to his side. Although there's been some very close calls with the dogs. One encounter had one dog on 1 hp by the end of it.

Massacre at the Prison Valley. Coming out of the underground cavern.

UJ9K9tu.jpg

Massacre at the Farm near the Prison.

bKCyPII.jpg

Darwin Village. Those Zombies were a great fight at the start. Higgins put the finishing blow to the last one and the dogs ran back to him. :lol:

rT2BdA3.jpg

5kYjaTN.jpg

I just noticed that your character portraits are Thomas Magnum, TC, Rick, and Higgins! As Higgy Baby would say: Oh My God!

Brilliant, I loved that show. :)

The Ag Center is so bugged to crap in the DC. Everywhere else has been fine, but in the Ag Center it seems like every other thing I do results in a CTD.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Ag Center is so bugged to crap in the DC. Everywhere else has been fine, but in the Ag Center it seems like every other thing I do results in a CTD.

For me it's everywhere.  The first 2 1/2 - 3 hours I played I got real lucky, it only crashed once, but since then it's just been ridiculous, I had to save before every screen load because it seemed like there's was about a 35-40% chance that it would CTD every time it loaded a new area.    

For you does it crash in the middle of gameplay or just on area loads, like for me? 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Director's cut has not crashed even once for me, but every time I close the game I need to use task manager to force it to shutdown as it always gets stuck in closing itself.

Edit: How much you have RAM, because for me DC uses about 3 GB of memory just after loading it, so it probably will have problems in systems that have only 4 GB or less free memory.

Edited by Elerond

Edit: How much you have RAM, because for me DC uses about 3 GB of memory just after loading it, so it probably will have problems in systems that have only 4 GB or less free memory.

It's definitely not a memory problem for me, I have 32 GB of RAM and 12 GB of vRAM.  Even if I am getting the memory leak that the game reportedly has, it would have to leak for a really long time on my system.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's definitely not a memory problem for me, I have 32 GB of RAM and 12 GB of vRAM.  Even if I am getting the memory leak that the game reportedly has, it would have to leak for a really long time on my system.

I agree at least amount of memory should not be the problem. I would guess that it is probably some effect/shader/etc. that is loaded wrongly that causes it to crash in your machine.

For me it's everywhere. The first 2 1/2 - 3 hours I played I got real lucky, it only crashed once, but since then it's just been ridiculous, I had to save before every screen load because it seemed like there's was about a 35-40% chance that it would CTD every time it loaded a new area.

For you does it crash in the middle of gameplay or just on area loads, like for me?

General gameplay. Opening inventory, levelling up, swapping characters, entering conversation. Hasn't crashed outside of Ag Center once, but in the entire process of completing Ag Center I had 12-15 CTDs.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i played the director's cut a bit last night. it was heavier than witcher 3 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Wasteland 2 DC, seems to have some quite unpleasant bugs, like hirelings disappearing when you dismiss them instead going to ranger citadel (which can cause quite havoc if you dismiss them when they are carrying quest items) and shadows seem to cause some problems (like making game allocate lots of memory and causing need to use task manager to close the game [although I read that this are problems caused by Unity 5 and not anything that inXile did]).  

But anyway I have come to conclusion that it is probably better to wait inXile to fix this issues before I continue to play game more.

But anyway I have come to conclusion that it is probably better to wait inXile to fix this issues before I continue to play game more.

I came to that same conclusion a few days ago.  Luckily, I have Storm Coast Legends keeping me busy, so it's not a big deal, so long as InXile fix most of the issues in a relatively timely manner.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've been doing OK so far, sometimes game goes away while loading, had one graphics driver stoppage, sometimes it gets very slow and has to be restarted. But with a little patience it's playable.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Bleep Gila Monitors. Bleep them right in their bleeping bleeps, those bleep bleep bleeper bleeping bleep bleep bloop blorp bleepers.

Poison my bleeping team so they all die within a few bleeping rounds will you. I'll go bleeping nuclear on your entire species, you bleeping bleeps of bleep.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i did ag center... had no problem with it. i think the main problem of the game is memory management. it runs fine at first but as i visit more locations loading times get exponentially longer and the stuttering starts. at that point i need to restart the game or i risk a crash

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i think the main problem of the game is memory management. it runs fine at first but as i visit more locations loading times get exponentially longer and the stuttering starts. at that point i need to restart the game or i risk a crash

It looks like Unity 5 has memory leak after all. Game uses around 2 Gb RAM at startup but then starts to occupy more and more progressively. FPS drops and random ctds occur when memory usage makes it into swap. I'm just restarting the game every hour or so to avoid it, works fine so far.

Although I probably shouldn't ask my laptop with 4 Gb RAM and mobile GeForce 820M graphic card what it thinks about me...

I will say this is one thing I've been having a problem with as well. I only play for an hour or two at a time due to my schedule and time but whenever I exit the game, I need to wait about 5 or so minutes for my computer to get back to normal. Luckily I haven't experienced any problems within the game due to the memory issue but definitely when I leave. Hope this can get patched soon enough.

I will say this is one thing I've been having a problem with as well. I only play for an hour or two at a time due to my schedule and time but whenever I exit the game, I need to wait about 5 or so minutes for my computer to get back to normal. Luckily I haven't experienced any problems within the game due to the memory issue but definitely when I leave. Hope this can get patched soon enough.

In my understanding problem is actually in Unity 5, so it cannot be sorted before Unity fixes their engine. And Unity 5.3 that may fix it don't come out until 8 of December, so it is at least over month before there can even start to work patch that fixes it.

• Like 1

In my understanding problem is actually in Unity 5, so it cannot be sorted before Unity fixes their engine. And Unity 5.3 that may fix it don't come out until 8 of December, so it is at least over month before there can even start to work patch that fixes it.

Well, hopefully that fixes it up then.  Too bad that it wasn't found out about before release, or maybe they knew it was a known issue.  I wonder how the PS4 and Xbox One fair with something like this?  I don't mind waiting, and the problems I've had haven't been too troubling so far.

I'm glad they're making The Bard's Tale 4 in Unreal Engine 4 and that UE4 along with a couple of the other major engines became more cross-platform and cheaper for developers to use, because, quite honestly, Unity 5 seems pretty ****.  I've seen a number of games get significantly buggier when they moved from Unity 4 to Unity 5.  Sure, the performance may be better, but at the expense of stability, it seems.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸