Wasteland 2

Rosbjerg

I abandoned my Wasteland 2 game when PoE came out so I'm gonna wait for the update till I pick it up again.  It's exceedingly cool of them to keep adding new content, I really hope Obsidian follow their lead with PoE.

Edited by WDeranged

GOTY Edition is going to be a free upgrade later this summer.

Basically, it's going to be an entirely new game. Kind of.

Everything has been moved to Unity 5 and the entire leveling system has been changed. There are now 110 new perks. 

Well, that game gets bigger and bigger. Not sure if thats a good thing, but with my gaming shedule i will probably play it when that update comes out. Wasteland 2 is good for all i have played, but it can be a bit overwhelming to new players. The options are just insane, now we get more, which is good, as long as they fix the rest.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

This is good news for me. I played WL2 after first few patches and then they started talking about the rebalance patch. I put my game on hold to wait for that but the rebalance patch was delayed again and again. Now I can wait until GotY edition is out and experience most of the game in its improved version.

Just like I only played Witcher 1 in its EE version.

This is good news for me. I played WL2 after first few patches and then they started talking about the rebalance patch. I put my game on hold to wait for that but the rebalance patch was delayed again and again. Now I can wait until GotY edition is out and experience most of the game in its improved version.

Just like I only played Witcher 1 in its EE version.

Yeah, I've put off my second playthrough until the GotY Edition also.  I wonder if the changes will make my Supreme Jerk all melee base party playthrough more viable or even more dude, why are you doing this to yourself bonkers?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bought this game last year after christmas.

Played a little but not much, i think i just rescued highpool.

Oh well, time flies by, i moved into another apartment and because of some problems with my internet, i just thought: "a good time to play it"

And i did. I played it through. And it's awesome. More than that. It just simply pushed the right buttons, even though it has it's bugs and problems, but oh well. Don't care :D

My highest char was i think lvl49 or something like that.

Love that game. And never ever will i forget Scotchmo! Best character of the whole game ;)

I was halfway through my first run when POE came out so I shelved it.  Probably restart with GOTY comes out (assuming I ever finish POE...)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I might give it a go after the GOTY, the overall aesthetics have really put me off so far - and that update looks pretty good. Gorth was nice enough to gift me a copy for the missus, who loved it dearly - so I really do have to get to it.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'll admit, I used aimed shots to always shoot the groin in Fallout.

Yes it had less advantage to eye shots, typically, but it was...fun.  :shrugz:

It also made things personal... Someone shoots your dog, you could march over there, and put the pistol away; bring out the hammer, and groin critical them onto the ground for it.

Edited by Gizmo

• 5 months later...

Downloading...

Yeah, the Director's Cut just got released.. It looks a lot better too, thank god. Looking forward to trying it out when I finish some of the other backlog games.

Fortune favors the bald.

I wonder if it's a bug, but in the Director's Cut I was able to make 1 character with a custom portrait, then subsequent characters it wouldn't let me select custom portraits.  I'm off to work now, I'll search forums on break to see if anyone else had this problem, then I'll try again after work.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks like GOG has some issues with the update. It's not availale in Galaxy and it doesn't show up for anyone who has not bought the game but received a free key from somewhere (e.g. various Kickstarter campaigns).

edit:

Scratch that, they apparently made an entirely new item for the DLC and it just no longer shows up under the WL2 extras where it did a few hours ago. ;)

edit 2:

Oh, joy. Galaxy is downloading 15 GB now. There's something amiss with GOG and WL2, the last time Galaxy patched WL2 it also just redownloaded the entire game instead of just the update. Hrm.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Looks like GOG has some issues with the update. It's not availale in Galaxy and it doesn't show up for anyone who has not bought the game but received a free key from somewhere (e.g. various Kickstarter campaigns).

edit:

Scratch that, they apparently made an entirely new item for the DLC and it just no longer shows up under the WL2 extras where it did a few hours ago. ;)

edit 2:

Oh, joy. Galaxy is downloading 15 GB now. There's something amiss with GOG and WL2, the last time Galaxy patched WL2 it also just redownloaded the entire game instead of just the update. Hrm.

On Steam it's essentially a completely separate game, rather than an update to the original W2.  I'm not sure if that's how it works in Galaxy (Galaxy doesn't exist for my OS yet).

Another note, a lot of people don't like the new camera and the devs said they are going patch in the old camera angle soon.  Also, the issue with custom portraits (which may or may not be limited to just female charactes, I'm at work now so I won't be able to try until I get home) is also now known by the devs and being looked into.  :)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh god damnit. I did verify integrity of game cache on steam because I thought the update borked my game and now I read it is a separate game. Now that means I wasted like 2 hours of downloading on the wrong thing... ffs.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Another note, a lot of people don't like the new camera and the devs said they are going patch in the old camera angle soon.  Also, the issue with custom portraits (which may or may not be limited to just female charactes, I'm at work now so I won't be able to try until I get home) is also now known by the devs and being looked into.  :)

Yeah not digging the camera, also having shadows enabled causes a tiny amount of stuttering on my PC.  I'm pretty impressed with the graphical update though, now it looks as good as I hoped it would originally.

Wow, with that new camera perspective it feels like I can see less of the maps than ever before... Even if I zoom out to the max. Also not sure about that new character creation interface. Feels very console to me. Surprise, surprise! I know I know... Meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

edit:

edit 2:

On Steam it's essentially a completely separate game, rather than an update to the original W2.  I'm not sure if that's how it works in Galaxy (Galaxy doesn't exist for my OS yet).

It's the same thing in GOG (non-Galaxy). Funny thing, the DC edition is actually a smaller download (6.5 vs 9 GB).

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What's the change to the camera? 

If you zoom all the way in you get pretty close now, almost 3rd person game perspective,  If you zoom all the way out you're maybe half as far away as fully zoomed out before.  Ideally, they would extend the zoom range so that fully zoomed out would be the same as original fully zoomed out and fully zoomed in would be the current fully zoomed in.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The download for a new install is 20GB on Galaxy, so it isn't downloading quite everything. Doesn't exactly encourage Galaxy's use when the non Galaxy download is

..the DC edition is actually a smaller download (6.5 vs 9 GB).

which is a third the Galaxy size. The engine upgrade to Unity 5 is why the size is smaller.