Wasteland 2

Rosbjerg

Patch #6 is now out. 

You mean it has been out for 9 days now :D

and unfortunately, the patch is not the anticipated balance patch.  however, it does appear to fix most o' the lingering broken quest issues Gromnir experienced.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Good to see they keep patching the game unlike other companies. Even though I haven't encountered a game killing bug in Wasteland 2, but good to see the company take care of their product.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another major patch in the works, upgrading to Unity 5. From the update they sent out to backers:

If you've been keeping a close eye on things, you might have heard tell that we're looking at doing some more balancing and improvements of Wasteland 2 in the future. We have expanded our original plan and decided that this is going to be a part of something much larger for all our fans.

In pursuit of this goal, one task we're working on right now is migrating the Wasteland 2 codebase from the Unity 4.5 engine to Unity 5, which will enable some new possibilities for us. A major benefit of moving to Unity 5 is that 5 will include many of the tools from Unity 4.x Pro. We relied on many of these tools during our development (like creating and building navigation meshes), and they will be available to modders without having to pay thousands of dollars for a Pro Unity license. There is no doubt that this migration will allow us to release better tools for modding to our community in the future.

So what’s the “something bigger” that I teased earlier? Let’s just say that the Orange County lifestyle might be getting to us as the game will be receiving a facelift. Unity 5 offers physically based shading, which is already starting to look amazing in the scenes we’ve touched up.

As well as visual improvements, we have quite a few quirky tricks up our sleeves. The character system is getting perked up and will include some new elements to modify gameplay. Of course, more details will be released in the future so stay tuned!

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

I think I'll replay Wasteland 2 again.  I don't know what my party will be, but the patching news is enough to make me itch to give it another shot.  If I do another run, it will be my third full run, which will make Wasteland 2 one of the most played games on my steam list.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'll doubt this. Pretty sure what we will get now in patches is only going to be on the mechanical side.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wasteland 2 will get Xbox One port

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/572898069106184192

Well that's a surprise.  Cool I guess, the more folks that get to play it the better.  Plus, we're getting all those Unity 5 enhancements and added perks and voice overs in the PC version too, so even better.  I'll put my Supreme Jerk playthrough on hold (I only just started and am going through Highpool) until the update with all these changes and goodies goes live, that way if I have to restart to take advantage of all the new perks and stuff, it won't be that big a deal.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

PS: I don't think that aimed shots are really a that good idea. Yeah, people will think back at Fallout with this, but then again... In Fallout your target always had been eyes... or the head, if eyes had a too low hit chance. Sometimes you knocked someone down for a turn with hitting the groin for lolz, but that's it then. Pretty sure the same will happen with Wasteland 2 then. Just shoot the body part that kills fastest, everything else is probably a waste of ammo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

PS: I don't think that aimed shots are really a that good idea. Yeah, people will think back at Fallout with this, but then again... In Fallout your target always had been eyes... or the head, if eyes had a too low hit chance. Sometimes you knocked someone down for a turn with hitting the groin for lolz, but that's it then. Pretty sure the same will happen with Wasteland 2 then. Just shoot the body part that kills fastest, everything else is probably a waste of ammo.

Even if it end ups as fallout, finding out which part of body is best to hit was fun. I know I wasn't able to do max damage always with eyes. Some creatures were resistant to that. Edited by archangel979

Really? I actually don't think it was in any kind increasing the fun. Hitting the head / eyes with 95% hit chance should be the most obvious choice for everyone, and aiming at the eyes always has been the best choice in Fo1 and Fo2. There has never been a reason to target any other body part unless you are doing it for the lolz, as it was just increasing the combat time (you kill slower, which in return gives the enemy more time to shoot at you).

Like I wrote above, even the groin knock-down usually kept the enemy out of combat for only one turn. Better spend that bullet on his head, then you possibly kill him with a critical hit.

Really? I actually don't think it was in any kind increasing the fun. Hitting the head / eyes with 95% hit chance should be the most obvious choice for everyone, and aiming at the eyes always has been the best choice in Fo1 and Fo2. There has never been a reason to target any other body part unless you are doing it for the lolz, as it was just increasing the combat time (you kill slower, which in return gives the enemy more time to shoot at you).

Like I wrote above, even the groin knock-down usually kept the enemy out of combat for only one turn. Better spend that bullet on his head, then you possibly kill him with a critical hit.

I had more than one situation where hitting eyes did nothing so I would switch to head or some other body part. It was mostly when fighting non humans. Edited by archangel979

I'll guess you mean stuff like the "aliens" then, because most other animals (rats, dogs, scorpions, mantis) can be taken out easily without aiming (exception maybe being the mole rats if you are low-level). The eye-hitzone for the aliens is "?" though, which means it is not clear that the critter got eyes or not. The floaters don't have eyes either. In any case, that's like 2 or 3 critter types. This makes the feature hardly really worth it. Especially because the simple truth is: If hitting eyes or head does nothing, then you can as well stop using the extra ap for aiming and use normal single shot or burst instead.

I'll admit, I used aimed shots to always shoot the groin in Fallout.

Yes it had less advantage to eye shots, typically, but it was...fun.  :shrugz: 

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'll guess you mean stuff like the "aliens" then, because most other animals (rats, dogs, scorpions, mantis) can be taken out easily without aiming (exception maybe being the mole rats if you are low-level). The eye-hitzone for the aliens is "?" though, which means it is not clear that the critter got eyes or not. The floaters don't have eyes either. In any case, that's like 2 or 3 critter types. This makes the feature hardly really worth it. Especially because the simple truth is: If hitting eyes or head does nothing, then you can as well stop using the extra ap for aiming and use normal single shot or burst instead.

There was also all kinds of robots if I remember well and I shot them in different parts.

Yeah, that's your personal taste then. It was never really needed, though. Hit the sensors (eyes) and be done with it. :>

Yeah, that's your personal taste then. It was never really needed, though. Hit the sensors (eyes) and be done with it. :>

That is also your personal taste. I managed to finish the game many times hitting enemies all over and never had less fun. It was certainly more fun than WL2 with no such options. 

Edited by archangel979

That is also your personal taste. I managed to finish the game many times hitting enemies all over and never had less fun. It was certainly more fun than WL2 with no such options. 

I didn't wrote that it is less fun. Just that it is unneeded. Either add mechanics that make it valuable to target different body parts or don't add it at all (and reduce additional clicks with it).

• Like 1