SW: The Old Republic - Episode VII (J.J. Strikes Back)

Blarghagh

we now got 9 60s on harbinger, and am leveling a gunslinger.  we will likely use the freebie to insta-create a 60 sniper.

our ocd will likely drive us to eventual have 16 60s on harbinger, but is genuine less 'bout mindless compulsion to complete than it is 'bout the near inevitability that the next iteration o' swtor (or the one after that) will over-nerf the _________ class. perhaps you thought a marauder/sentinel were the bestset melee dps... right up until 3.0.  oops.

regardless, we will always have a sorc/sage heals and a jugg/guardian dps. even when dps jugg/guardian has been relative lame, it has resonated for us.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, 16 was also my original goal. One for each advanced class. Of course, things got complicated by the different skill trees (now called "disciplines") as I also wanted to try different specializations for each advanced class tongue.png

Since I skipped a few pictures the last few days. A duo from Jedi Covenant. My big, burly twilek (I suppose that word is related to two lekkus) Jedi guardian tank promoting Tython as a tourist resort for Twileks.

orU80jc.jpg

One of the perks of being a Jedi, dominating the weak mind of the steak beast.

Force Persuade: "Tell me friend Uxibeast, why stay out here in the cold wind? It's such a chilly day, come... I have a nice warm fireplace prepared for you"

exTBBmg.jpg

...and a cyborg mercenary trying to survive on Nar Shaddaa

That Stims Vendor should've known better than setting up shop here and not pay his "Health and Accident Insurance ©" fee.

P7ZyV6G.jpg

It's dirty, it's rotten and it's deadly, but it's Nar Shaddaa and it's home. Anyone hiring?

9zTGrDs.jpg

In hindsight, I probably should relocate all those posts to the images thread. It might kill the thread loading speed for those not on fast net connections.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've got.. 10 alts on Shadowlands at the moment. Although I've been running my new SI/Sorcerer with a penchant for lightning up through the class story this last week. Currently level 50 and just started Voss. I'm thinking I might transfer her across to Harbringer in a bit.

Edit:

Hm, okay, have I forgotten something? My trooper has Armormech at 410, he's picked up the expert armormech thing, and now the highest possible level of it shows as 450...   But after crafting a few dozen level 50 pieces of armour, his skill hasn't gone over 410.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If you craft items shown as green in your schematics list, you get 0.5 skill point, if you craft yellow items you get 1 skill point and if you craft orange difficulty items you get 2 skill points. That is, if i remember correctly.

Make sure you craft something that isn't "grey"

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've got.. 10 alts on Shadowlands at the moment. Although I've been running my new SI/Sorcerer with a penchant for lightning up through the class story this last week. Currently level 50 and just started Voss. I'm thinking I might transfer her across to Harbringer in a bit.

Edit:

Hm, okay, have I forgotten something? My trooper has Armormech at 410, he's picked up the expert armormech thing, and now the highest possible level of it shows as 450...   But after crafting a few dozen level 50 pieces of armour, his skill hasn't gone over 410.

are you a subscriber?  if not, you may be capped regardless.  that you are crafting level 50 items is not a helpful descriptor neither.  you stop getting juice per squeeze very quick once you exceed 400.  check your crafting list.  as gorth notes, grey-green-yellow-orange is the progression, with greyed-out items providing 0 additional craft points.  go to crafting trainer and look for new schematics... though again, am not sure what is actual cap for nonsubscribers.  regardless, level requirement o' the item is Not a particular useful measure.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

are you a subscriber?  if not, you may be capped regardless.  that you are crafting level 50 items is not a helpful descriptor neither.  you stop getting juice per squeeze very quick once you exceed 400.  check your crafting list.  as gorth notes, grey-green-yellow-orange is the progression, with greyed-out items providing 0 additional craft points.  go to crafting trainer and look for new schematics... though again, am not sure what is actual cap for nonsubscribers.  regardless, level requirement o' the item is Not a particular useful measure.

HA! Good Fun!

Oh I'm a subscriber, and I have picked up the Expert Craft level skill which lets you take it from 400 to 450. 

The trouble is, with Armormech on my Trooper, the highest level items I can craft are the Electrum Onslaught Armor pieces. Until I get the skill over 410 I can't learn/use any of the higher schematics.  That's why I was just wondering if I was missing something incredibly stupid.

between 400 and 500, crafting gets a bit odd.  you will reach a point where there will only be a couple purchasable schematics from the trainer that give any crafting payoff as far as leveling is concerned, and those schematics is typical more resource depleting than you would wish to use.  for armour, we almost invariably chose belts and bracers (or augments) when attempting to level, but there won't be a cheap bracer or belt schematic to get you past a certain point... 430 or 440? you is gonna have to do helmet or chestpiece or whatever.

again, am not 100% certain we understand your conundrum.  as with pre-410, you cannot learn a schematic until you reach the appropriate crafting level.  post 400 crafting is no different than pre other than the fact that your pool o' potential leveling options is smaller... much smaller.

HA! Good Fun!

My conundrum is that I have built the highest level gear I can possibly craft, that is available for me to craft.. about 20 or 30 times. And my crafting skill has not moved one iota from 410. I was at 410 before I started crafting that many times. I am still at 410 now.

My conundrum is that I have built the highest level gear I can possibly craft, that is available for me to craft.. about 20 or 30 times. And my crafting skill has not moved one iota from 410. I was at 410 before I started crafting that many times. I am still at 410 now.

you do not get much crafting level improvement from crafting post 400.  do all rakata and you would still only hit 410.  the crafting trainer will have 410 schematics.  am still not seeing the problem. if you cant get past 410, is because the stuff you is crafting is now grey in your crafting list. buy new schematics.  

patient: every time i move my arm like so, it hurts.

doctor: don't move your arm like that.

*shrug*

ps we checked and it looks like our level 51 item crafted on our most recent armour crafter were augments.  check for augments.

Edited by Gromnir

My problem was that I had bought ALL the schematics available. And that all of the Armor that you can possibly create are grey. So there are no useful Heavy or Medium armours that will let you increase your craft rating when you hit 410.

<facepalm>

Then I find that there are precisely 4 schematics that are level 51.. tucked away under the "Augment" list that I generally don't see. ... Sigh.  

As Gromnir said, augments are your friend when boosting crafting skills. Regardless of Synthweaving, Armstech or Armourmech. Find some on GTN if necessary under crafting schematics. There should be a wide variety of augments. Check out something like Absorb Augment 23, 26 and 28 (sorry can't remember any more which is which crafting skill, but should cover that range)

Edit: Heh, ninjaed while I booted up the game to check.

My problem was that I had bought ALL the schematics available. And that all of the Armor that you can possibly create are grey. So there are no useful Heavy or Medium armours that will let you increase your craft rating when you hit 410.

<facepalm>

Then I find that there are precisely 4 schematics that are level 51.. tucked away under the "Augment" list that I generally don't see. ... Sigh.  

You bought all available schematics? That's a lot of credits. Regardless, as Gromnir said, from 400 to 500 crafting is... inconsistent. In addition, level isn't always the determining factor regarding crafting difficulty:

craft1.jpg

According to this, you should craft augments from 410 to 420 as you are doing, but I don't remember if it's the only available option for leveling.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I hate the ones where you need more people to click stuff. If they do away with that then I'll be happy

weekly for section x is easy credits, but get 4 (or possible 3 if one knows the "trick") is often a prohibitive exercise.  for newer players who wants to boost section x rep to, for example, purchase dye options for their artificer, sitting around in section x hoping for a 4th player to simple click a glowing ball o' light is likely gonna be frustrating.

HA! Good Fun!

yeah, "The Aurora Cannon". Such a joy killer. Honourable mention goes to "The Shrouds Last Stand". With a bit of work and patience, you can at least solo "All the Pieces" now. Operatives and Assassins can also solo the last of the Seeker Droid missions on Ilum (thanks to revive in place, stealth and cc during that turret/zombie swarm place).

crafting changes:

our knee-jerk reaction is hate... but after consideration, most changes appear to add needed balance.

HA! Good Fun!

Considering that I'm leveling up no less than two alts with Artifice (on two different servers, otherwise I would just stick to my current maxed out artifice guy), it was nice to know that I don't have to invest 200 man hours and enough credits to pay off the Greek national debt to spam those enhancements. Once upon a time in a bout of morbid curiosity, I actually registered the numbers in Excel and registered 1000 sample reverse-enginerings of enhancements (including all the "garbage" ones with shield/surge etc.) and the success rate was 83. I.e. 8.3% and not 20% as per the tool tip sad.png

I also saw that they are going to remove fully half the mats from game and most exotic elements that I know of. Are the going to be replaced with equivalent grade mats or is it like a fort knox heist where they rob our storage bays with us having no say (off to sell mats to stim vendors or craft as much junk as possible to get at least something in return).

Also, what about current schematics that relies heavily on those mats? Grade 7 space mission gear, Dark Projects etc.

It still pisses me off that it sounds like they intend to completely remove all the schematics you've learned without any "compensation". Yes, my rear anatomy feels rather sore from feeling Biowares giant "Rod" doing some Invasive things to my lower intestines. Not that this is the first time.

Apart from that, it sounds like an allocation of schematics that should have been there 3 years ago (i.e. armourings for the armour crafters, tech enhancements for the cybertechs etc.)

edit: Although, IMHO it would make sense if Cybertech then got an augment or two, like Accuracy and Mastery.

I always give up on crafting about halfway through the levelling process.  

I found SWTOR to have a crafting system that is fairly easy to level. The reverse engineering is a bit of a pain in the arse but compared to other MMOs getting to max doesn't even require any interaction what so ever, except sending your goons on missions every 20 minutes. Then again, it is also one of the most boring systems I ever encountered. ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Q: "Will the Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid quests be reset or locked if you start 4.0?"

Backus- They should not be, no.

"Are they part of the general overhaul that Heroics are receiving? Will we be able to choose them and teleport to their entrances?"

Backus- You know, I really love those quests and think that there are such great mechanics involved, but I think we did it wrong. It feels like too much to ask a player to get a full raid group just to complete the questchain. It’s something that I really want to fix and something that I think we could improve. There are lots of ideas on how to do it–keep it hard, but make it at least mechanically soloable–and I want to include an update to those as a patch sometime a little down the road, but I really do want to fix those so that they are more accessible.

More here

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well, finished my Sith Sorcerer's class story now... contemplating shifting her over to The Harbringer server for the extra space (and of course the joy of having a stocked up Legacy open up there if I start fresh characters)  :shifty:

Also considering whether its worthwhile picking up a hyperpack while they have that sale going. I've got like 6,000 cartel coins stacked up, so pondering on if the 40% off makes it tempting, or if I should wait until the Fallen Empire is out and all the changes and new stuff is potentially available...

More here

Also Starring: Brent Spiner as Jedi Something.

Also considering whether its worthwhile picking up a hyperpack while they have that sale going. I've got like 6,000 cartel coins stacked up, so pondering on if the 40% off makes it tempting, or if I should wait until the Fallen Empire is out and all the changes and new stuff is potentially available...

In case you want to to take a look at what's coming before committing your CCs: mined CM items in KOTFE

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Best item from that link

zvBURUl.png

EDIT- I also took the 20th and 21st off. What? Don't look at me like that, I have days I need to blow before the end of the year

sadly, it is a regen item, no?  a flying log would be fantastic... as long as it is a genuine log and not a stick with a bundle o' straw attached to one end.

HA! Good Fun!