SW: The Old Republic - Episode VII (J.J. Strikes Back)

Blarghagh

How about using a higher resolution?

My monitor doesn't go any higher than 2560 * 1440 :(

It's like quite a few of the special visual effects doesn't get captured by the built in screenshot functionality. Maybe I should try some day with an actual screen grabbing application.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Anecdote time... I've hated those flashpoints ever since they were relased.

When I heard that they didn't make any new HM flashpoints, but just recycled the 4 "tactical" flashpoints, I died a little inside (very melodramatic!).

Just wait until you try the Revan fight in solo mode on Yavin 4... bring plenty of coffee, as you will be spending 75% of the time lying on your back on the ground, stunned, admiring the sky above you, while the GSI'sus Bot does the fighting for you wink.png

Did more relocation of characters. Did a test on Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant (creating a gazillion level 1 toons on each, testing name availability). Turned out, if moving the toons I wanted to use to JC, I would only need to rename 2 instead of 5. With transfers being dirt cheap, I moved the remaining ones to JC as well as re-relocated those I had sent to Shadowlands so I can have most of my old team together, sans those sent to Harbinger.

A few of those that didn't fit ended up on the Ebon Hawk.

I think I'm going to pose a challenge to myself... create at least 1 male cathar and 1 male togruta. Got 1 of each girly version, but for some reason, most of my males tend to be human (or very human looking cyborgs). Only notable exceptions are my big burly male Twilek guardian tank (now on JC) which I'm quite fond of and a male chiss sniper.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm amazed that they just kinda arbitrarily drop your stun abilities to drag the fights out longer.  It was like they said, "Hey, there was a bunch of build up to this fight, we need to make sure it takes a long time, even if the player is at a high level."  Pretty annoying.  Thankfully I'm still enjoying the story.

/facepalm

It's really been a long time since i did the Revan solo fight. It's not the droid that joins you but that who's who list of swtor celebs :sweat:

The droid is only in the 4 original prelude flashpoints plus the two added with Rishi and Yavin.

/facepalm

It's really been a long time since i did the Revan solo fight. It's not the droid that joins you but that who's who list of swtor celebs :sweat:

The droid is only in the 4 original prelude flashpoints plus the two added with Rishi and Yavin.

Ah you know, what does that matter anyway. Real men go for Revanchist anyway. ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

/facepalm

It's really been a long time since i did the Revan solo fight. It's not the droid that joins you but that who's who list of swtor celebs sweat.gif

Ah you know, what does that matter anyway. Real men go for Revanchist anyway. wink.png

I've done the two ops plenty of times, but never in HM. The disadvantage of playing from the other side of the world is, besides timezones, the latency of 300-500ms lag. Good enough for story mode operations and HM flashpoints, but i wouldn't want to start any serious progression raiding. Maybe some day on Red Eclipse ;)

Take your time, things don't look so well on the raiding front anyway. The new SoR raids were fairly boring and uninspired, and the tuning was off considering it was only a hard mode. Combined with lacking time to play and the changes to Operatives (some of which were re-tuned only recently, go figure) Bioware made it easy for me to stop playing actively.

So in essence I don't have a single Revanchist character, but my guild made server first so I'm just assuming I would have it if I still played actively. ;)

I'll be back to look at Knights of the Fallen Empire but I won't do any operations. I was involved in every server first nightmare clear on our server since Explosive Conflict nightmare came out and the idea of having to go back to Denova, Asation, Darvannis - or worse, the Oricon operations - makes my skin crawl. The Terror From Beyond and Dread Palace rank amongst my favorite raid instances of all MMOs I've ever played, but I don't want to do them again. Not for a farming run and certainly not retuned so as to pose a challenge again.

Ugh. I'm done with those instances and since I have all my characters on a server with a rather small population (and even less decent raiders) everything took a lot more effort than it should have, and I'm pretty burned out.

Hmm, never really done much with recording games on video or screen grabbing other than the built function (which doesn't work with cutscenes). Any particular useful tools around that doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't install a gigabyte of backdoor/trojan software (yes, looking at you Raidcall and the adware it took forever to remove)?

FRAPS is the grand old dame of recording software, no idea how it compares today though - no reason to find out really since FRAPS is a lifetime licence. I know of Bandicam and nVidia's ShadowPlay, so I guess searching for a comparison between those options might be the way to go, which will probably toss up a couple of other options that I've never heard of as well.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

*taking notes*

Thanks guys. I'll google fraps and shadowplay (since I have nvidia hardware).

Shadowplay is a bit less fiddly than FRAPS is, but both get the job done well enough, assuming you have the computing power and hard disk space necessary to get decent results. Especially given how terribly SW:TOR is optimized. Silly thing eats resources like there's no tomorrow.

Shadowplay is a bit less fiddly than FRAPS is, but both get the job done well enough, assuming you have the computing power and hard disk space necessary to get decent results. Especially given how terribly SW:TOR is optimized. Silly thing eats resources like there's no tomorrow.

It runs nicely on my Alienware 17" laptop. I7 and 32Gb ram (and an Nvidia card with its own 8gb DDR5 memory). Even when running on max settings, it's running smoothly, so that is usually not a concern original.gif

Nice hardware. original.gif

Heh, thanks. I really do like it. Slightly off-topic, I tried looking it up on the store page, but it's no longer available for sale. Just a blurb that it's no longer for sale and to try the suggested alternatives. All if which has half the oomph of this one (half the memory etc.). Did they stop making high end laptops now that it has become more Dell than Alienware???

Finally got around to wrapping up the Trooper storyline. Definitely has an anti-climactic feel compared to the other third acts.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah. Where was the option of staging a coup and introduce a new military caretaker government??

Finally got around to wrapping up the Trooper storyline. Definitely has an anti-climactic feel compared to the other third acts.

I don't know, the end of the Trooper storyline was plenty climactic - for both my keyboard and my desk, that is. :biggrin:

Edited by majestic

I still think it's my duty as a loyal Republic citizen to replace that %§!&%$§ Twilek that calls herself Supreme Chancellor with a proper, responsible administration. Sadly, the the game never allowed for such an option :rolleyes:

I still think it's my duty as a loyal Republic citizen to replace that %§!&%$§ Twilek that calls herself Supreme Chancellor with a proper, responsible administration. Sadly, the the game never allowed for such an option :rolleyes:

I think she's one of those secondary characters that really, really work. When you first meet her on Taris, she's already an ambitious, authoritative politician that isn't above twisting a few arms to get stuff done. Those traits are made more obvious as the story progresses, but as with the rest of the Trooper storyline (which everyone seems to hate for some reason), I felt it was possessed of a degree of nuance and verisimilitude lacking in some of the other character stories. I don't know, the timing, the tone, it really worked.

The ability to stage a military coup and put Garza or even Malcom in charge would have been ****ing awesome, though. Impossible to implement due to the game being an MMO, but sweet nonetheless.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.